NFL 2006 Playoffs prediction league

Darkness

Shadow creature
Like the regular season, just pick 'em and see if you get most correct.
Because the playoffs are only 4 weeks and 11 games, this one will be determined by the number of correct predictions (just like last year), unlike the regular season prediction league (which is determined by percentages).

Wild Card Weekend
SATURDAY
Kansas City at Indianapolis
Dallas at Seattle
SUNDAY
N.Y. Jets at New England
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia

SATURDAY

Dallas at Seattle

SUNDAY

N.Y. Jets at New England

Wild Card Weekend picks
Kansas City at Indianapolis - Toughest pick IMHO. Larry Johnson vs. Indy's run defense. Peyton will have to be near perfect to pull this of.
Dallas at Seattle - Dallas are slumping at the wrong time of year.
N.Y. Jets at New England - Brady + Belichick = postseason magic.
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia - Philly will put 8 in the box and dare Eli to beat them. Which he can't.

Indy lost to the Texans...enough said.

Seattle will go 4 wide with Branch, Jackson, Hackett, and Engram and win a shoout.

Barber won't save the day again, Philly has shut him down this year and will again in a rout.

NY Jets had alot go right in thier win over New England, Bellicheck is terrific at adjusting his gameplan after losses to a team. See, the AFC Championship vs Pittsburgh a few years back, and the Superbowl vs. the Rams in 02.

Kansas City at Indianapolis...its playoff time...Colts will step it up a notch
Dallas at Seattle...Seatle just doesnt have "Playoff" mentality, against Dallas they will choke
SUNDAY
N.Y. Jets at New England...somehow, NE always pulls it out for the Playoffs
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia...I hate the Eagles

I'll pick:

Indi (heart is with KC)
Seattle (same with Dallas)

New England (same with NYJ)
Philly (don't like the NYGs a bit)

Wild Card Weekend
SATURDAY
Dallas at Seattle
SUNDAY
N.Y. Jets at New England

Saturday
Indy over KC
Seattle over Dallas
Sunday
New England over the Jets
Giants over Philly

SATURDAY
Dallas at Seattle
SUNDAY
N.Y. Jets at New England

Winners : Indy, Seattle, New England, Philly

KC over Indy, New England over NY Jest, NY Giants over Philly, and Seattle over Dallas.

SATURDAY
Kansas City at Indianapolis - Colts will pull it together, Peyton will score on all of his possessions. Addai should play well.
Dallas at Seattle- Dallas isn't going to pull it together.
SUNDAY
N.Y. Jets at New England- Brady is playoff man. I hate him, but he will win. Having beat the Panthers in the SB, I dont like him, and having gone to Michigan (OSU fan), I don't like him even more.
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia- Giants will pull it together and rally around Tiki like the Steelheads rallied around JB

Kansas City at Indianapolis -KC won't last with Edwards as their coach
Dallas at Seattle -Both in slump, but Dallas is my team, and a good road team
N.Y. Jets at New England -Happened once, can happen again
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia -Really hard to call

Dallas IS a good road team and we almost beat them last year (would've with this years Romo, they were terrible on offense that day). My only consolation is that the Giants are still worse, no WAY they pull it together.

Kansas City at Indianapolis - Peyton Manning will drag them to a victory.
Dallas at Seattle - Too much talent on Dallas, they'll pull it together.
N.Y. Jets at New England - The rock was painted Jets green today. I can't pick against them.
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia - I can't pick both the Giants and the Jets, can I?

SATURDAY
Dallas at Seattle
SUNDAY
N.Y. Jets at New England

My totally idiotic thoughts on the games :)
KC is going to pound on Indy via the running game, but thier defense, imho, just isn't good enough to stop Indy's offense the one or two times it needs to to win.
Seattle just hired a wildlife guide, a mortgage officer, and a gym rat to fill in for their depleted secondary. I have a feeling "Romo-mentum" gets one final wakeup call.
New England can be scary in the playoffs and will take care of the Jets.
Giants have Tiki and that's it. Eagles will load the box and get Eli throwing off his back foot again. It'll still be tight, but the Eagles will pull away at the end, just like they did a month ago.

Top Bottom