NFL 2006 Playoffs prediction league

Darkness, didn't L.Sheppard go out with a dislocated elbow? That really hurts too. I haven't decided yet whom I'll pick... :mischief:

You're probably right. That is the injury I mean. One of the 2 starting CB's of the Eagles is out. Sheppard being out is actually worse for the Eagles than Brown being out, IMHO...

SATURDAY
Indianapolis at Baltimore
Philadelphia at New Orleans
SUNDAY
Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

I've been kicking this around all morning:

Indianapolis at Baltimore - Indy looked better against KC, but that doesn't change the fact that they have looked so bad lately on defense. The Ravens defense looks better than ever. They have HFA. They have a week's rest. With all that going for them Baltimore wins this game.

Philadelphia at New Orleans - NY kept it close last week, and that's not a good sign for Philly. NO is rested, has HFA and has beaten Philly before, back when it still had McNabb at QB. I see this game as NO's to lose.

Seattle at Chicago - I'm all psyched up over this weekend's big game -- now I think Seattle could win it all despite the long odds, and after all Chicago looks weaker since week 4 while Seattle has recovered Shaun Alexander and it's momentum. If Seattle wins this week it is because it is a team of destiny.

New England at San Diego - New England is the team I LEAST want to see in the Super Bowl, because they've been there too much recently as it is. But because of their experience and proven clutch play I have to back them going into this game. If SD beats NE they are totally for real and I'll expect them to win the whole thing.

You're probably right. That is the injury I mean. One of the 2 starting CB's of the Eagles is out. Sheppard being out is actually worse for the Eagles than Brown being out, IMHO...

:lol: I realized after I typed it how that sounded, but I meant for the team.

Of course during the game I did think about how bad that injury HAS to
hurt :cry: - Sheppard that is.

Divisional round
SATURDAY
SUNDAY
Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

SATURDAY

Indianapolis at Baltimore - Never underestimate a team with Peyton Manning...his rustiness wore off against KC, so he'll be ready to go against this team. He ripped them up pretty good last year too, and I'm still not entirely sold on the Baltimore offense.

Philadelphia at New Orleans - Normally I would pick the Eagles here, because of thier experience and because they normally don't choke until the NFC Championship game. With Shephard out though, and the Saints playing so well...

SUNDAY

Seattle at Chicago - Taking a big risk here, but Chicago is the worst #1 seed I've seen in a while. Seattle has the offensive tools to spread this defense out and thier defense is fast enough to force Grossman into some mistakes. I dunno, just a feeling.

New England at San Diego - I'm not coming off this San Diego bandwagon until it crashes and burns. This is the most intrigueing matchup of the weekend IMO. This will be close...very close. The Pats may just miss not having Vinatieri at the end of this one.

SATURDAY
SUNDAY
Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

SATURDAY
Indianapolis at Baltimore..I think Dungy has the team this year...
Philadelphia at New Orleans I Still Hate Philly
SUNDAY
Seattle at Chicago...chicago is running on the remaining Awe from the season start...the hype will die along with the Bears
New England at San Diego...SD surprised me this year, I hope they can surprise NE as well...

Winners : Baltimore, Philly, Chicago, San Diego.

Indy at Baltimore- Peyton will come up big. Just watch.
Philly at New Orleans- New Orleans' loaded offense will dominate Eagles D.
Seattle at Chicago- Seattle may have the motivation, but Chicago is so much better that it doesn't matter.
New England at San Diego- New England is outmatched here. Belicheck (sp?) is maybe the best coach of all time, and this has happened before, but they've found a way to win. I don't think it will happen here. They're not going to run against SD, and Merriman will get insane pressure on Brady. Belichik will come back with some screens and RB dump offs. Something about the Chargers that may be NE is that they are very deep at corner. No standouts, but Jammer, Kiel, and Cromartie can handle Jackson, Caldwell and Brown. TE's may be a problem, however. But on offense, the Chargers definately have the edge, with LT, Rivers, Neal, that great line, and two good possession recievers in Parker and McCardell. LT will go to the outside a lot because Bruschi and Vrabel are much better than Banta Cain and Colvin.

I'll take all the home teams. Of course, now that I've done that, they'll all lose this week. :(

I'm going:

Indianapolis - can't stand Baltimore.
New Orleans - want Philly to win, but... injuries + home field.
Chicago - now that fantasy is done, Grossman might do well + home field.
San Diego - tough pick, got to go with my Wolfpacker Rivers though.

SATURDAY
Indianapolis at Baltimore Indy will take a beating, but should be close.
Philadelphia at New Orleans Giants took too much out of the Eagles for them to win this one.
SUNDAY
Seattle at Chicago With rest, Chicago "D" comes back to life (and they get thier starting cornerback Tillman back too). That will allow them to play one-on-one and load the box on Alexander, who seems to be tiptoeing around the field this year.
New England at San Diego Toughest one, as Brady could win this as well as Marty could blow it, but I just believe that San Diego is too talented.

AFC games should be very interesting.

Indy over Baltimore
New Orleans over Philly

Chicago over Seattle
New England over San Diego

Divisional round
SATURDAY
SUNDAY
Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Colts and Saints win! Perfect 6-0!

Never, ever, ever bet on Schottenheimer in the postseason. That guy has a Charlie Brown cloud hanging over him.

Top Bottom