NFL 2006 Prediction League

9-4 so far. :D

8-6 so far...for some reason, I thought I had picked Tampa. Good thing I didn't, .500 is embarassing :mischief:

9-4 for me so far i picked the Packers by accident though:p

Azale said:
8-6 so far...for some reason, I thought I had picked Tampa. Good thing I didn't, .500 is embarassing :mischief:

embarassing you say :mischief:

dgfred= 7/7 so far :crazyeye: and yes, I am ashamed :cry: . Not really- some of the games this week = 'who would have thunk it'?

9 - 5 after Indy's win. Could go 11 - 5, which is only okay considering the lack of a spread.

Surprises so far:

Culpepper played worse than I expected considering he's obviously healed. Maybe it was Randy Moss after all that gave him such success in 2004.

Carolina lost BADLY to Atlanta, which I think of an an inferior team. Without Steve Smith, Carolina seems to be only slightly better than average.

Tampa Bay let Baltimore walk all over them and couldn't even score a point -- at home. Balt is better than I thought, TB is apparently worse. Maybe their defense is finally aging past the point of effectiveness.

NE played a lot sloppier than I expected. Crazy.

Cincy's Defense is actually pretty good this year -- good enough to stop KC's offense.

Denver played terribly. That film of the big fumble is a classic.

New Orleans looked great, especially Reggie Bush. Of course, Cleveland is a weak team.

Seattle's Offense was abyssmal. Fortunately the Defense was able to carry the team. Denver didn't totally suck, either.

Favre is worse than I could've imagined.

It looks like Eli Manning needs another season to mature before he joins the ranks of the elite. If not for Plaxico Burress he would've been a lot worse.

Some things I expected were confirmed:

Pittsburgh's system is more important than any one player.

The New York Jets may bounce back with a healthy Pennington, especially with NE playing badly.

The Tennessee Titans are in for another rough year. I think they will be this year's Houston Texans/SF 49ers.

Philadelphia should be competitive again this year.

I might be participating starting next week. I wasn't too shabby this week so far (12/14) in the other league I'm in. Have you considered using Yahoo's system? It does everything automatically, including scores.

I also made a bit of a logo for our group:

Yeah, it always seems to take a week to see what teams might actually be different from expectations and get adjusted. If only preseason actually worked...

WEEK 2
Sunday, Sep. 17
Buffalo at Miami
Carolina at Minnesota
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Detroit at Chicago
Houston at Indianapolis
New Orleans at Green Bay
N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia
Oakland at Baltimore
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Arizona at Seattle