1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nfl 2006

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Red Door, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

...minus Dallas, Cinci, and Indy. Of course, you could also eliminate Carolina (500 team so far), and maybe the Giants (500).

Philly (500 team, I know) has money, but do they need him?

I can't see him in New England or Atlanta (yes, I know). I would say no to Seattle and New Orleans. Chicago? Unlikely. Another AFC West team? The Jets?

Any team you are eye balling?

2. Own

Own Grasshoppah

I can see him as a Patriot. But by winning team, I meant good offense. He's not really a team player and just wants a good QB to get him the ball. Maybe Miami.

3. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Pleeeeaaaaase, no---not my guys... Culpepper was enough of a headache/mistake. :mad:

4. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Bills could actually work, but Evans seems to be a good number 1 so far.

How about Kansas City? Not enough cap room?

@Zarn, Gibbs...he's more of a figurehead these days, sadly. I had a feeling the Saunders hiring was vastly overrated, not to mention overpaying to have Williams stay. Santana Moss is really the player that concerns me.

5. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

He's got a fine personality, protective, defensive, and likes to carry a gun to protect his ATVs.

I would be concerned about Campbell next year, with Portis and the Line being healthy, the Redskins could finally go back to 1980's form. Also, cut Al Saunders and Brandon Lloyd, draft Calvin Johnson with our #3 pick, and we're good to go.

6. Turner

Turner Chieftain Retired Moderator

We don't want him. Personally, I'd rather see KC get a good college receiver or two, and bring them up. Or steal some 2nd or 3rd year from another team. But someone like Moss? No, thanks.

7. Azale

Azale Chieftain

What KC should hope for is Sidney Rice...if he comes out, he falls to them, and they don't take them...well, they would have noone to blame but themselves if they find thier offense is too old to function at a high level next season ;)

@alcosta, you should really just hope for 05' form at this point :p

8. Turner

I'm hoping we get some decent college player. Green is an underrated qb. Look at the WRs he's had to throw to, and he still puts up numbers surpassed only by Payton Manning. If he had a decent rookie or two, he might even beat Manning.

And while I'm bragging on our QBs, I don't think we'll have Huard next year. He gave a hell of a performance filling in for Green, and I think some team took note of that and is waiting for the moment to try and trade for him. He may be 'more mature', but he did damn good in the eight or nine weeks he played...someone could sign him and get a couple of good seasons from him, while having him bring up a rookie QB.

9. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

I think Minnesota has their eyes on Huard :scan: , that will allow (Jackson-isn't that his name) to grow a little more. Trent is getting up there in age though isn't he Turner :confused: .

10. Turner

Yeah, he is, but we got a rookie QB this year, and I'm sure Green is working on him. When Huard got hurt, he almost got a start.

11. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

@T- What's the rookie's name and college? :scan: Give us the scoop.

12. Turner

Brodie Croyle, from Alabama. Guess he's taken a few snaps, but didn't do too well at first. Well, he's no Eli Manning, that's for sure...but I'm sure he'll work out.

13. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Hey, I remember him as being pretty good ;) . Not being Eli might be a good
    thing at this point :mischief: .

14. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Brodie Croyle was THE MAN!! Plus, is Casey Printers on the practice squad? He definately has talent.

Travaris Jackson from Alabama State is who you were thinking of dg, bringing in Huard would kinda be like...bringing in Johnson, don't you think? :p

15. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

A late response, but hell no to Moss in New England. There would be a conflict in personality. Belichick and Brady are more concerned with guys willing to play as a team. Moss just wants the ball to score and takes off plays still.

And Miami is a scary fit considering the last time that Culpepper was a top QB was when he threw to Moss. Of course right now I'm thining Harrington is better than Culpepper. I'm actually nervous this week. Well this whole season has my nerves shot.

I think Atlanta is a good fit also. With Vick extending the "Dirty Bird" and Moss running over meter maids, a match made in football heaven. Vick can't aim (though it is improving this year), but he can throw deep and Moss can get up and get it very well.

16. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

:sad: It goes from bad to worse for the Bears. Tommy Harris is likely out for the season. I'm not sure anyone can replace someone like that. :(

17. Turner

Yeah, Casey is on the practice squad. I was kinda surprised, because what little I saw of him in pre-season he looked good.

Croyle hasn't put up good numbers, but that's okay, he's a rookie. But my son tells me he was a pretty good college QB. I just don't follow college ball.

18. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Very bad news for the Bears defense...
    They still should be very good, but this will hurt them.

19. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Yeah that's the guy, but I did read on the Rumor section that the Vikes thought he was about a year away from being a starter. :scan:

20. Own

Own Grasshoppah

Tommie is the best DT in the league IMO. That's a huge loss to the bears. Ian Scott and Tank Johnson aren't very good, Urlacher may have a hard time being as effective with only two pass rushing ends and 2 bad DT's to give him holes to plug.