Nfl 2006

The reason for Mora's hire was defense mainly. I don't know if he has GM duties, but he definately has a say in it, and his defensive personnel choices have been bad. Patrick Kerney and Coleman provided enough pass rush, but no, they need to spend a 1st round pick on another one, while their run defense is allowing almost as many yards running as they produce on offense. Keith Brooking is great, Hartwell is solid, and Hall SHOULD be good, with a vet safety (Milloy), and their defense kills them.

Vick has just got to get better, and that's the coaches job in the offseason to help him improve his accuracy and drop back techniques. Marvin Lewis held special Carson Palmer practices where he just did 3, 5, and 7 steps drops for hours. They should do the same with Vick, and that's up to the coach. He just has to learn to play well and be consistent. It's not a matter of needing to run more or pass more, he just has to play well, whatever he does more.

Crosspost: Can't Millen get fired by the owner even though he refuses to quit? When fans are PROTESTING it's time to fire a guy. I bet he'll draft Sidney Rice with the first pick.

Detroit Lions will draft Calvin Johnson with their first pick. You heard it here first.

No surprise there. He's a college coach, and he knows that.

EDIT:Story

$12 million over 8 years!?!?!? I'd take it too.

I heard on the radio this morning that he'd be the highest paid coach in collage ball. That's a lotta clams.

Well he did an awesome job for my Dolphins... not. Of course I don't blame
him for leaving. Coaches like him and Spurrier have problems dealing with the
pro's 'I'm more important than the coach' mentality and the lack of desire in
some players due to being paid the large bucks no matter how or if they actually play in the games. While I understand that the Coach 'Standard' is
coaching in the pros, I myself would much prefer college--- man those guys
put it all on the line every game for their schools and the hope of those future paychecks.

So who will lure Saban away from Alabama in 2-3 years's
time?

Steve Spurrier sucked at life. Please don't mention his name.

Sorry Al, but he coached my cousin at Duke and did a damn fine job with what he had ;) -- so I think he is alright.

Sorry Al, but he coached my cousin at Duke and did a damn fine job with what he had ;) -- so I think he is alright.

Well, I hate Duke, so that's one reason to hate him. Plus, he ruined the Redskins with his coaching philosophy that it's "better to throw an interception than take a sack." :lol:

Gibbs hasn't done much better in Washington...your last good coach, IMO, was Schottenheimer. Oh, looky what he's done! Only 14-2 is all.

Snyder is a fool, but that's good news for me.

Mora Jr. had the highest winning percentage in Falcons history for a coach. That's my final word on that.

And Saban's decision...I dunno what to think of the guy. He got everything he wanted at Miami, total control. He is definately an above average pro-coach in my opinion, but he just better not ever look for another job again. This is the last stop for Saban, and to think if he had just waited a year, he could be coaching at Penn State, Florida State, Louisville, or even Notre Dame if Weis decides to leave!

Joe Gibbs is doing fine. Spurrier was awful. Schottenheimer was okay, and Snyder was a freaking idiot for firing him.

Gibbs hasn't done much better in Washington...your last good coach, IMO, was Schottenheimer. Oh, looky what he's done! Only 14-2 is all.
Schottenheimer is not as great a coach as everyone thinks. How many playoff appearnces does he have? 12. How many rings does he have? None.

Martyball at it's finest.

And I'll belive Martyball is dead when the Chargers don't play it in the playoffs.
In '04, everyone talked about how Martyball was dead, then as soon as the
playoffs started, Martyball (and Martychoke) was back with a vengeance.

Martyball kinda means something different out here, at least the way we use it. It means doing really good in the regular season, and bombing in the playoffs. That's Martyball. 12 playoff appearnces, zero rings. That's Martyball. Yeah, I know there's a different meaning to it, and I know it's different than I'm using it...it's kind of a tongue in cheek thing here in KC.

I can understand that. The one thing that always used
to get me about Marty is how he could never figure out that
playing a prevent defense against John Elway was basically
handing Mr. Elway an engraved invitation to the end zone...

Schottenheimer is also one of the winningest coaches of all time...so, your gonna blame him for losing to the most clutch QB of all time? The one with the most comeback wins in league history? How about the fact that since he left KC, they STILL haven't won anything. Same with Washington, save for last year (what looks like a blip now).

Joe Gibbs has so many high paid assistants around him that I wonder what he does anymore. Did he take playcalling back from Saunders? Well, there goes another 10 million or so. Just hope you guys have the brains to trade either Portis or Betts, I know Portis won't want to share time and Betts now knows he can be a star in this league in the right team...

I'm tired of Schottenheimer bashing because really is has no merit. Cowher had the same problems, until he won. Vermeil had it, until he won.

Schottenheimer lost in the 80's because his team wasn't as good and an Ernest Byner fumble, in the 90's because of a horrible horrible day for a kicker, and in 04' because of a rookie kicker. Sometimes you get those plays to go for you (see, New England) and your a genious, sometimes you don't and your labeled...as a COACH...a playoff choker. It's not possible guys, players choke, coaches don't.

We're going to find out if RIVERS can handle the playoff pressure, not Schottenheimer.

Top Bottom