1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nfl 2006

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Red Door, Jul 20, 2006.

1. El Justo

El Justo Chieftain

2. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

So, we agree on something. This one is going down in the history books.

3. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Helloooo Brandon Jacobs! :D

4. Mojotronica

Mojotronica Expect Irony.

Tiki Barber is a class act. You NFC-EastnotNYGiants guys may refuse to admit it, but it's true. :)

5. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

He was okay. ;)

6. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

It seems to me that all these quarterbacks are always compared to Elway...

7. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

Petrino leaves the Ville for Falcons

8. El Justo

El Justo Chieftain

it's strange to me why people think philly fans are haters. we don't hate man...we call it like we see it and we just don't sugarcoat it.

barber was indeed a class act. but who cares? really? so see ya in the broadcast booth dude!

back to the cowpokes one last time:
    dallas had perhaps one of the best offenses, at least on paper, in the entire nfc. 2 1K yard receivers, a prow bowl caliber TE, a 1K yd type back in Jones and a monster short yardage back in Barber. so to say that the dallas offense doesn't have alot of weapons is a little short-sighted imo. the one area in which they need to improve is the pass protection. upgrade that some and so of romo's pocket gaffes may diminish some.

romo has the potential to be an above avg qb. is he a bad qb? no, not by any strectch of the imagination. i mean, a bad qb is someone like ryan leaf or heath shuler. however, right now, romo's closer on the scale to jason garrett than he is to troy aikman or roger staubach.

9. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Actually, Marion Barber was only 10-for-20 in 3rd-and-1 and 4th-and-1 situations this year. Not exactly great numbers. He's a great back though. More effective than Jones, IMHO. Less shifting around and more downhill running.

Dallas has two problems on defense they need to adress for next season:
    - Pass rush: Outside of Demarcus Ware (and Greg Ellis if he's healthy again next year) they have no-one that scares opposing QB's. In the 3-4 pass rush usually comes from the outside LB's, but it'd be great for Dallas to get a good pass rushing lineman, to prevent opposing o-lines from shifting the tackles and tight-ends outside towards the OLB's
    - Free safety: If they can get a good coverage safety (in the mold of the Eagles Brian Dawkins (but preferably someone younger)), they can take the pressure of Roy Williams, and move him closer to the line of scrimmage, where Roy excells. Opposing QB's can beat Roy deep, so take away those responsibilities from him and play him to his strenghts: short passing game and run defense.

10. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

I guess he must be the next Vick-tim... ;)
    He's what, Vick's 4th head coach in 8 years?

Maybe Jim Mora sr. was right. Vick = coach-killer...

11. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Who boos Santa Claus? Haters I tell you, haters. :p

OK moving on to the future. Who cares about the also rans let's talk about this coming week.

NE--SD This is going to be a great game. The question is which Phil Rivers shows up? Brady is "money". That is a fact. NE upset.
    Indy--Balt I think Balt D will be just disruptive enough and McNair efficient to win this one. Balt.
    Sea--Bears I'm actually worried about the Bears D. They've been horrible since Tommie Harris went out. Seattle may be more dinged up to win though. Bears.
    Philly--NO This is going to be the best game imo. Two hot teams in a shootout. NO.

12. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

I agree Darkness. I would have rather liked to see Vick traded somewhere like the Raiders. That would have been more entertaining if nothing else.

13. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Darkness: Watkins is a good cover safety. He justs needed experience. He has improved over the season, significantly. I just hope that experience will be enough next year. Remember, our pass rush hurt our DBs a lot, too.

Julius Jones needs to get back to a smaller size. It affected his play.

I agree on a good pass rushing ILB.

14. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Yea, I wanted Watkins in this past draft, and he is developing, but if a legit FS comes out in free agency we can't just say "Well, we have Watkins already". This team has the talent, TO or not, to win. We'll just give Crayton a shot to start, or draft a reciever. Reciever is pretty deep this year and a guy like Bowe or Rice may be in our range in the first round. I doubt Landry, Willis, or a possible tweener like Moses or Anderson will be available here, so we should go offense for the first time ever in the first round under Parcells...

Petrino to Falcons? Blank must be signing him a nice hefty check, I don't really see Atlanta as a "hot destination". Louisville will probably hire inhouse to replace Petrino, from the limited things I've heard.

15. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

According to ESPN, the Falcons would be willing to move Vick if Petrino doesn't think he's the answer...

16. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

and Atlanta has said Matt Schaub isn't going anywhere--waiting in the wings

17. Azale

Azale Chieftain

OK, so I was wrong :p The VILLE makes another good hire, Steve Kragthorpe. Credits go to RedFusion for breaking the story ;)

Who do you guys think will get the Raiders job this year? Deion Sanders?

18. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Steve Spurrier was rumored wanting to go back to the NFL :mischief:

or maybe I want to see someone else suffer. ;)

19. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Raiders fans have suffered enough, hahah. They watch Niners games on Fox and Raiders games on CBS! Holy hell that has to suck. :lol:

Maybe they could lure Pete Caroll away...they have just as much chance as the Cardinals did. 0%.

20. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Zimmer to Falcons, sinara, cya, had a good run but glad it ended now.