Nfl 2006

Zimmer to Falcons, sinara, cya, had a good run but glad it ended now.

I'm so happy, I can kiss El Justo! Well, maybe not El Justo.

Are there any women here?

I always thought Tomoyo was a girl until I read that thread in OT :p

I can't believe I'm rooting for Commercial Man, now.

Wow.wow.wow. All I have to say is wow. Bring on the Saints and have a nice evening. Wow.

Ah, Martyball at it's finest!

In fairness, I don't think this one is wholly Marty's fault, they just made
too many critical mistakes, and blew too many opportunities.

Well, one thing I say to say is, "Just... wow!". 2 upsets (Ravens and Chargers - best teams in the NFL), and even the Bears and Saints were nearly upset until the very end. There very easily could've been 4. Well, I guses the NFC (that's the one the Bears and Saints are in, right?) have a better chance against the AFC (or is that the other way around?).

And I might add it doesn't hurt that the refs seem to favor the Pats...

What calls did we get??

LT should've gotten a 15 yard facemasking penalty after Roosevelt Colvin intercepted Rivers' pass. He CLEARLY took him down by the facemask.

There were barely any calls on either team. A few holds, illegal shift on the Chargers I think, um....one personal foul on SD for getting in one of our TE's faces. Not many calls either way.

Well, one thing I say to say is, "Just... wow!". 2 upsets (Ravens and Chargers - best teams in the NFL), and even the Bears and Saints were nearly upset until the very end. There very easily could've been 4. Well, I guses the NFC (that's the one the Bears and Saints are in, right?) have a better chance against the AFC (or is that the other way around?).

The Ravens were never the best team in the NFL, or in my mind, even in the top 5. They have a very good Defense, but its the same old story...impotent offense (who gets shut down by the Bengals D?)

Jamal Lewis could only get 50 odd yards rushing on the Colts. They couldn't score a TD. McNair choked. They deserved to lose.

Well, one thing I say to say is, "Just... wow!". 2 upsets (Ravens and Chargers - best teams in the NFL)

They weren't really upsets, IMHO.
The Patriots in january are always much more dangerous than their record indicates and the Colts found their defense against KC, and they just kept their momentum.
The Ravens and Chargers were at home, but they weren't favourites by large margins, IMHO.

In fairness, I don't think this one is wholly Marty's fault, they just made
too many critical mistakes, and blew too many opportunities.

Nah, it's Marty. The guy is 5 and 13 in the post season. 13 appearances, and zero Superbowl wins.

That's gotta be some kind of record.

What calls did we get??

LT should've gotten a 15 yard facemasking penalty after Roosevelt Colvin intercepted Rivers' pass. He CLEARLY took him down by the facemask.

There were barely any calls on either team. A few holds, illegal shift on the Chargers I think, um....one personal foul on SD for getting in one of our TE's faces. Not many calls either way.

The "15 Yard Facemask" was definetly the 5 yard variety. He didn't twist his helmet around, he just grabbed as he was going to tackle him up high.

The "15 Yard Facemask" was definetly the 5 yard variety. He didn't twist his helmet around, he just grabbed as he was going to tackle him up high.

I thought the 15-yard variety was: grabbing the mask and not letting go until he's down?
With the 5-yard variety being: grabbing and letting go as soon as possible?

LT didn't even grab the facemask, people... his hand was on the facemask, but his palm was open.

EDIT: There was also a personal foul called on the Chargers where the Patriot horsecollared the Charger after the play. The Charger then proceeded to say some things to the Patriot and drew a flag.

What calls did we get??

{all IMO, of course... }

I actually though most of the game was called evenly.
But the 2 (non) calls that stuck out for me were:

Where was the personal foul on the Patriots for hitting
Rivers when he spiked the ball?

Where was the offensive PI flag on NE's last touchdown?

That said, in fairness I must also say that if the SD
recievers aren't dropping passes right and left, and that
idiot doesn't commit the personal foul on the Brady
fumble, it wouldn't have mattered. But it still annoys
me...

how about L.T. losing his cool after the game? if you don't want people dancing on your field, win the game. certainly don't dance around while you're in the process of losing it like merriman did.
our house now.
brady -- undefeated in domes, watch out hoosiers.

Where was the personal foul on the Patriots for hitting
Rivers when he spiked the ball?

When I saw this at first, I thought it was a personal foul too. If you watched the replay, you could see it was a clear dive by Rivers in an attempt to draw a flag. The Patriots lineman barely touched him, not even close to enough to knock him over.

Where was the offensive PI flag on NE's last touchdown?
I couldn't see it when I was watching the game, because the camera wasn't really on those receivers. In all fairness, it could've been, but maybe the DB just blew the coverage. Caldwell did a spin move - whether or not he pushed him, I can't tell. However, if you add this one blown call with another one for the Patriots (the facemask), the refs did a decent job.

That said, in fairness I must also say that if the SD
recievers aren't dropping passes right and left, and that
idiot doesn't commit the personal foul on the Brady
fumble, it wouldn't have mattered. But it still annoys
me...
Penalties never seem to matter much to either team until one of those teams loses the game... ;)

how about L.T. losing his cool after the game? if you don't want people dancing on your field, win the game. certainly don't dance around while you're in the process of losing it like merriman did.
our house now.
brady -- undefeated in domes, watch out hoosiers.
Yeah, I don't quite get this one either. Merriman is allowed to do it after all 17 of his regular season sacks, but we can't do it once? Just take the loss. If anyone doesn't have class, it's Merriman...

Top Bottom