Nfl 2006

I thought some of you guys would appreciate some of the chuckleheads I hang out with. We had steaks at Primehouse last week and then popped into the JBar afterwards (for even further consumption).

After the short commericial fast forward to about 2:35 for his singing! Hammertime! :beer:
My buddy "G" at J Bar

He was 34-32 in Dallas, including 0-2 in the postseason but this was a little harsh. He did leave them in a better position than when he started.
Thus, Parcells' legacy with the Cowboys can be framed this way: Instead of joining Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer as coaches who led them to championships, he leaves lumped with Chan Gailey and Dave Campo as the only ones who didn't.

how on God's green earth will that affect the eagles?

Everything that your rival teams do affects your team, significantly. Rival teams are by far the biggest obstacle between a team and the playoffs.

Parcells can't pull the team together down the stretch. Dallas needs a coach with some fire in him. With Parcells gone, there is a chance for that.

The other NFC East coaches (except Reid) seemed to have the same problem as Parcells, though. Reid seems to have a problem with game management.

i don't think that the gm's and coaches of the other nfc east teams really care wether it's parcells or joe schmo. i mean, i can't see the eagles brain trust game planning their season around a coach.

bill parcells will go down in history as one of the best coaches to ever walk the sideline. his record in december w/ the cowboys notwithstanding, the dude is clearly one of the best.

and last i checked, eagles coach a. reid got his players ready to play in december...this past december at the least. and his placeholder can actually hold :lol:

i don't think that the gm's and coaches of the other nfc east teams really care wether it's parcells or joe schmo. i mean, i can't see the eagles brain trust game planning their season around a coach.

bill parcells will go down in history as one of the best coaches to ever walk the sideline. his record in december w/ the cowboys notwithstanding, the dude is clearly one of the best.

and last i checked, eagles coach a. reid got his players ready to play in december...this past december at the least. and his placeholder can actually hold :lol:

What does that have to do with game management?

You'll see.

reid clearly had some problems w/ game management. i can comment on that now since you edited your post :) that, though, is another matter altogether.

the fact of the matter is that dallas will now have to take 1 step backwards in order to make those 2 steps forward. and to all non-dallas nfc east fans, that is wonderful news :D i won't need to wait and see...i know now!

I hope all you Bears supporters will say a prayer with me...
In the name of Ditka, Butkus, and the Holy Payton.
As it was in 1985, so shall it be in 2006, Reign without end. Daaamen!!!!

Our Papa who art a bear,
Hallowed be thy fame,
Thy championship come,
Thy play be run,
At home as it is away

Give us this day our Sunday win,
and forgive us our turnovers,
Though we pounce on those who turnover against us,
And lead us not into fourth and long,
But deliver us from Krenzel

Everything that your rival teams do affects your team, significantly. Rival teams are by far the biggest obstacle between a team and the playoffs.

Parcells can't pull the team together down the stretch. Dallas needs a coach with some fire in him. With Parcells gone, there is a chance for that.

The other NFC East coaches (except Reid) seemed to have the same problem as Parcells, though. Reid seems to have a problem with game management.

Hopefully it will be like the Nelson-Mavs situations 3 years ago. He made them good, but he wasn't able to give tham that extra thing they needed to become elite. Hopefully the Cowboys will get someone like the Little General in Mavs, someone that has the energy and the hunger for victories. That fire that you said.

Our Papa who art a bear,
Hallowed be thy fame,
Thy championship come,
Thy play be run,
At home as it is away

Give us this day our Sunday win,
and forgive us our turnovers,
Though we pounce on those who turnover against us,
And lead us not into fourth and long,
But deliver us from Krenzel

For ours is the division, and the conference, and the league,
for ever and ever. Amen.

But deliver us from Krenzel[/I]

He isnt even on the roster anymore is he? I think he's the 3rd QB for the Bengals. (At least Krenzel always was the same, slightly below average QB...unlike "Sexy Rexy", who could explode for 4 INTs at any time without warning)

He isnt even on the roster anymore is he? I think he's the 3rd QB for the Bengals. (At least Krenzel always was the same, slightly below average QB...unlike "Sexy Rexy", who could explode for 4 INTs at any time without warning)
He left the Bears with a 54 pass rating and a whopping 3 TDs and 8 ints. He's no Kyle Orton, man. :D

I like to watch him...when ESPN isn't doing the coverage. He's still pretty good, and I don't think anyone for one second was sold on Aaron Rodgers or Ingle Martin.

Fun to watch, but not to listen is right ;) . I see why he is coming back but
I wish he would have ridden the tide of good feelings this year to retire :goodjob: . I feel like next year may be a big disappointment for all.

reid clearly had some problems w/ game management. i can comment on that now since you edited your post :) that, though, is another matter altogether.

the fact of the matter is that dallas will now have to take 1 step backwards in order to make those 2 steps forward. and to all non-dallas nfc east fans, that is wonderful news :D i won't need to wait and see...i know now!

You just better hope this staff doesn't get assembled...

HC- Mike Singletary
DC- Ron Rivera
OC- Jason Garrett

And it's very possible as well. If Norv Turner is hired, then yea, I agree we're screwed next year...if not, well, don't forget the talent level on this team.

:lol: i hear ya Azale :lol: but quite franky, it really won't matter a whole lot. i mean, they could resurrect Lombardi and it wouldn't make much of a difference imo :) and by that i mean that the dudes will still have to perform.

jones should be thinking outside the box though. hiring norv turner would not be good i think...but i'm an ea-girls fan :p so that ain't sayin' much.

Top Bottom