1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2008 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Junzi Nicuzn, Dec 30, 2008.

1. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

Harrison should have been thrown out of the game for his outright thuggery.

2. Junzi Nicuzn

Junzi Nicuzn Gaijin Samurai

Eh. Can't believe I'm saying this, but they are some rules (very few) that I just prefer the refs ignore. Unless the celebration is an obvious taunt, let it go. Welker should not have been fined either. But I'm not going to call for Holmes to be fined to make things fair. I'd rather call for Welker's fine to be returned.

3. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

I'm OK with celebrating something big.
    I hate guys running 5 yards, and pounding their chests/flexing their muscles/humping/dancing after they make a tackle. Especially when they are way behind. :mad:

4. Azale

Azale Deity

Is this the part where I make a joke about America never being ready for a Super Bowl champion Eagles?

Cause I just did it :p

Whose ready for the offseason?

5. El Justo

El Justo Deity

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Deity

One little problem with that theory: If it was a forward pass it was grounding which moves you back 10 yards.

The zebras called both plays fumbles at first because they were afraid of another Hochuli call...instead of blowing a whistle they let the play go and figure it'll get overturned if it was really a pass. That happened with the challenge...the replay booth gave the last play a quick look-over and decided not to buzz down to the ref. Probably right since Harrison had his hands on the ball when Warner's arm was going back. There wasn't enough to overturn it, but they should have reviewed it for show.

7. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

1 sample (i.e. season) isn't exactly a large statistical universe for such an assumption. Now with
    the Eagles, the situation is somewhat different. :mischief:

8. El Justo

El Justo Deity

9. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

It wouldn't of been intentional grounding because when you are physically impeded by making the throw by the defence, it can't be intentional grounding. If it would of been grounding it wouldn't of mattered either way because ten seconds would of run off the clock.

10. Azale

Azale Deity

Intentional grounding is about intent. If the play is ruled incomplete, then that means the Steelers had deflected the pass and therefore no intentional grounding.

I agree with your second paragraph, but I think there was a chance it could have been overturned.

11. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Worry not. Just flinging around fecal matter as usual. :)