NFL 2008 Playoffs

i'll never forget the quip from the quotable buddy ryan, when he was asked why he decided to cut wr c carter, "because all he does is catch td's." :lol: there was some truth to this though as carter was used almost exclusively at the goal line where he'd run fade/corner routes and cunningham would just lob it up to him. true story!

My championship game picks:

AFC: Steelers
NFC: Cardinals (gotta start believing sometime, right?)

Ok my picks, even though I got every single one wrong last week.

Arizona
Baltimore

Ok my picks, even though I got every single one wrong last week.

Arizona
Baltimore

LOL me too, I only correctly picked the Steelers. Here we go again:

Eagles at Cardinals

Ravens at Steelers

So I'm picking both visiting teams in hope to jinx them :lol:

i'll never forget the quip from the quotable buddy ryan, when he was asked why he decided to cut wr c carter, "because all he does is catch td's." :lol: there was some truth to this though as carter was used almost exclusively at the goal line where he'd run fade/corner routes and cunningham would just lob it up to him. true story!

I'm guessing that Buddy got really, really tired of hearing that repeated
ad infinitum while Carter was in Minny...

Arizona
Baltimore

going for the game i want to see

I've learned never to get into picking teams as a game, because there are only a mere two things that I am certain of in the National Football League. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday and I CANNOT and WILL NOT pick against my team, no matter how terrible they might be playing or against whom they might be playing. Today, I am going to stick my neck out.

Philadelphia at Arizona
To the point. I ranked offenses and defenses based on points per game. Bottom line, that is all that matters. Right? Right.

During the regular season, the Eagles defense ranked fourth (18.1 ppg) in the league against the Cardinals rank of twenty-eight (26.6 ppg). On offense, they are ranked essentially equal with Arizona ranked third (26.7 ppg) and the Eagles ranking sixth with (26 ppg).

Of course, who could argue that these teams are the same two teams that they were just a month ago? What has happened since then? Some observations.

The Arizona Cardinals beat two teams whose defense's were ranked 11th and 12th during the regular season. Their offensive showing shouldn't shock anyone. The poor play of Carolina, in particular, should be.

The Cardinals defense has turned it up a notch. Their play is why the Cardinals are where they are. No matter what happens this season, the Cardinals have arrived and they are here to stay.

The Philadelphia Eagles offense was terribly flat, though it has managed to make plays where it counts. Also, on one hand they were matched against a 13th ranked Vikings squad and on the other, they were matched against a 5th ranked, Giants defense.

Whether the Eagles offense was playing poorly or opposing defenses were playing well is beside the point. The Eagles defense, throughout the season, has been crippling when operating at peak efficiency. In the past three games, it has been absolutely devastating. It is debatable whether or not Jim Johnson and his squad are carrying that team, but they sure could.

The Eagles may have been able to shake Eli Manning and Tarvaris Jackson, but Kurt Warner won't be so easy to intimidate. The Eagles wanted to make Manning and Jackson beat them with their arm and they couldn't. Warner can and will, if that is all that the Eagles have to hang their hat on. They absolutely have to get to Warner on his back.

The Cardinals have to follow-up the defensive game plan the Giants and Vikings played out against Westbrook and Company with a solid offensive performance. It might be enough to simply not to throw interceptions for touchdowns.

This game is going to be about mistakes. Turnovers are key.

Both teams are peaking at the right time, with nothing to lose and everything to gain, against all odds and disbelief, to meet in the NFC Championship game. This will be one hell of a game to watch, no matter who you are.

I pick the Eagles to win, 24 - 10.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh
The Ravens are a more rounded team, in my opinion, than the Steelers. Beating the Chargers doesn't impress me much. Sorry Chargers fans. I am not going to go into depth with this game. It is going to be a defensive struggle.

I pick the Ravens to win, 13 - 10.

we are going to make warner shaped dents in the ground all the way up and down the field. Eagles win. Steelers win. My predicted all Penn superbowl will happen. I may not be able to be an eagles an any longer if we lose here.

Interesting article indeed. But there is something to the notion that seeing
him only on game day and in Chunky Soup commercials (with no rooting interest
involved) might cause a different perspective.

Or it may be that Philly fans are as rude, crude, and socially unacceptable as everyone
else thinks they are. :mischief:

Wow! What a play! A HB sweep fleaflicker to Fitzgerald! :eek:

EDIT: 3 for Fitz.

Coach Andy Reid, Quarterback Donovan McNabb = NEED TO BE FIRED.

32-25

CONTINUE the presses!

Top Bottom