1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2008 Post-Season

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zarn, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Post your post-season related garbage here.

Eight teams are left.

Washington, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee are eliminated.

NFC
    1 Dallas
    2 Green Bay
    3 Seattle
    4 Tampa Bay
    5 New York
    6 Washington

AFC
    1 New England
    2 Indianapolis
    3 San Diego
    4 Pittsburgh
    5 Jacksonville
    6 Tennessee

2. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

and then there were 9.

also, if the jaguars beat the patriots (assuming a san diego win or a jags win over indy and ne over ten), I will be a jags fan for life. I may occasionally get on bandwagons, but once I do I never leave (one exception to the rule, but it was Anaheim's own fault.)

3. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Well, its official. I'm never watching 1rst Take or anything associated with Skip Bayless ever again. The guests were the Two Stu's or something from that hellhole of sports, Atlanta. One of them said the Cowboys had zero chance because the Giants...can get a passrush...or something...and because Eli Manning is better than Tony Romo (lol). The other guy said that...because the Giants and Eli are weakminded and cant stand their home fans...it would be good for them to play on the road? Even though Dallas beat them at home and in the Meadowlands?

Then Bayless, who said that not resting would hurt the Giants, completely forgot about that stance so he could do what he does best. Bash the Cowboys. Basically, because Romo went to Mexico over the TWO WEEK BREAK and because Sporano and Garrett took some interviews, the Cowboys have no chance. Oh, and Ahmad Bradshaw is god.

Why did I ever even bother watching Bayless? This is the same guy who holds a lifetime grudge on the Cowboys because he was fired from the Dallas Morning News for accusing Troy Aikman of being gay in his "book" on the Cowboys dynasty of the '90s. With no proof, nothing but random conjecture (this is how Bayless usually comes to his baseless conclusions on anything). The story goes that Aikman went to his agent and asked how much it would cost him to kick Bayless' arse himself.

This is the same guy who, after the Cowboys whipped the Giants at the Meadowlands, was nowhere to be seen on his show or anywhere the ENTIRE WEEK AFTERWARDS. Of course he had picked the Giants and pumped the Giants for weeks beforehand, so of course he would not show up and be a man.

I can usually expect more insightful Cowboys banter from ExtremeSkins than from Ballsless, but for some reason, it irks me that a major network continues to supply a forum for such blatantly open haters like Bayless. Hodge also has a job, despite his penchant for always picking against the Eagles and keeping the Steelers in his top 5 teams all year....every year. People may not like FoxNews, but freakin Al-Jazeera doesnt have anything on what ESPN can do.

/rant

I hope the Cowboys watch ESPN.

4. Zarn

I just don't pay attention to Bayless. He makes money for angering Dallas fans. Hate mail is good mail, because it means people listen.

As long as there are people who listen, mediots will always be around.

5. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

ESPN doesn't hate Dallas, ESPN loves Dallas.

6. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Actually, Skippy is double-dipping with Dallas these days, what with his
    T.O. bashfests and all.

7. Azale

Azale Chieftain

ESPN loves to hate Dallas, it gets ratings ;) Trey Wingo is a Cowboys fan, but Berman hates us (Bills fan, :lol: ) and Skip has his longtime grudges against us.

The only guy on ESPN to pick us, the number 1 seed at home against a team its beaten twice already, was Jay Mariotti. :lol: :lol:

It just seems a bit ridiculous.

8. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Watch SportsCenter for 5 minutes and you'll see the love. Jesus, I couldn't watch SC without seeing Romo or Owens this summer.

9. Zarn

You mean the "When Owens blow up this year, can Wade handle it?" or the "Is Romo just a flash in the pan?" I remember those topics.

10. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Why do we need this thread?
    The 2008 playoffs decide the 2007 NFL champion, so why clutter the forum with another thread, splitting up the discussion? :confused:

Also, why are you guys discussing a journalist/writer? I thought this topic was about football? And I think we can all agree that most journalists write their own opinions, so isn't it fairly logical that some will agree with him/her and some will think he/she is an idiot?

11. Zarn

It is the year 2008, and it is not the season. It is called the 2008 playoffs. The 2007 playoffs in 2007 were last year. Look it up. With all these useless soccer threads, I wouldn't call 2 active NFL threads clutter (the prediction thread and this one.

The journalist is commenting on the playoffs.

12. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Skip Bayless is the scum of journalism, he should have been barred from ever writing again...either that or he can cover some highschool track.

Now, is anyone actually giving the Jags a chance? Seriously?

The Patriots will win this game by double digits.

13. rhawn

rhawn Chieftain

Why don't we change the name of this thread to worried Cowboys fans Thread.

14. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Are the Cowboys in the post-season? Yea, thats what I thought.

Besides, I just asked a question about the Pats.

15. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

THat monday night football game bears against cowboys was pretty biased towards the cowboys. Nothing but praise for Tony Romo.

16. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Wow, it's been a while...

This guy.

Del Rio!

17. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

The same pats that berely beat the giants. Squeked past the Jets. And shoult of lost to the ravens.

18. Azale

Azale Chieftain

No, the same Pats that beat every team in front of them with one of the hardest schedules in the league. At Indianapolis and At Dallas were the two most impressive wins for anyone this season, plus 50+ blowout games against Washington & Buffalo, a convincing win against the 11 win Chargers, the 10 win Browns, and the supposedly "close game" against the Giants was a 10 point margin before the Giants made it close when it was basically too late.

The same Pats team that set records in scoring, passing TD's, and scoring margin. The same Pats team that is something like 11-2 under Belichick in the postseason and undefeated at home under Belichick in the postseason. The same Pats team with arguably the best QB in the game, the best WR in the game, the best coach in the game, and a top 5 defense (statistically anyway).

And lets not forget that Tom Brady is perhaps the most clutch quaterback since the likes of Joe Montana or Roger Staubach. The only thing the Patriots don't have is an experienced big game kicker. Stephen Gostkowski is not Vinatieri.

I would not mind seeing them lose, I just don't expect it. I'm expecting Jacksonville to lose by at least 14 points.

@cubsfan, Cowboys-Bears was an NBC game. John Madden ALWAYS has his pet players in every broadcast...since Urlacher wasnt doing so hot, he had to go with Romo ;) It always gets me horrified that he will jinx them.

19. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

As long as Dallas does not win the Superbowl. I think the Pats will beat the Packers in overtime to win the Superbowl.

20. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Wow, it's been a while...

This weekend is feeling a lot like 1996 to me. All that's missing is the Woody Paige column calling them Jagwads.