NFL 2008 Post-Season

Are you saying you should be favored? Over the 16-0 team?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. :roll eyes:

If your going to do that annoying smiley, do it right at least :p

What exactly are you saying though? I'm not Nicholas Cage, I can't decipher code.

In 1996, nobody gave the Jaguars a chance in Denver in the divisional playoffs; because Denver is dominant - especially at home, the Jags got extremely lucky in winning in Buffalo the previous week, etc. The circumstances are eerily similar.

Will that result in a Jaguars win? Probably not, I'm just pointing it out for posterity's sake.

The Jags will have to play an almost flawless game to win. Pass rush on Brady, decent running game, no interceptions and a special teams big play
will do the trick :mischief: . Patriots end game is tops, and any mistakes
the Jags make will be taken advantage of like good teams do. Nobody is
pulling for the Jags any harder than I am, but their chances are slim in my
opinion.

The Patriots are vulnerable to mistakes like other teams. An undefeated regular season does not make a team invincible. While their defense is certainly the weaker link by far, their offense has been slowed down tremendously before this season.

The Patriots are vulnerable to mistakes like other teams. An undefeated regular season does not make a team invincible.

Exactly. They may have been undefeated this regular season, but a single mistake or opponent big play or critical injury can end any teams season.

For example, what if Tom Brady gets hurt on the first offensive play of the Patriots this weekend, just like Carson Palmer a few years ago?
What happens to that great offense then?

Post season prediction threads are pretty boring for Pats fans such as myself.

I'd be curious what the Jags red zone efficiency rating is, IMHO their only chance is if they can score at least 3 RZ TDs, because I have a feeling they'll be kicking a lot of field goals. I say this because the Pats typically let teams march up field, protecting against the big play, and then come down hard on their side of the field. Been doing that for years.

This is all assuming the Jags are getting good runs on the ground. Without that they're dead in the water.

Even if Tom Brady is injured they still would win the superbowl. Tom Brady doesn't make the offense, the offense made Tom Brady.

Post season prediction threads are pretty boring for Pats fans such as myself.

I'd be curious what the Jags red zone efficiency rating is, IMHO their only chance is if they can score at least 3 RZ TDs, because I have a feeling they'll be kicking a lot of field goals. I say this because the Pats typically let teams march up field, protecting against the big play, and then come down hard on their side of the field. Been doing that for years.

This is all assuming the Jags are getting good runs on the ground. Without that they're dead in the water.

I guess you weren't a Pats fan in the beginning of the season, when they always gave up the redzone TDs.

Even if Tom Brady is injured they still would win the superbowl. Tom Brady doesn't make the offense, the offense made Tom Brady.

Sure... We all saw this season how effective the Patriots back-up QB's were... :rolleyes:

Holy crap, the Chargers actually won a playoff game?

I guess you weren't a Pats fan in the beginning of the season, when they always gave up the redzone TDs.

I doubt giving up RZ TDs was in their gameplan. Other than the last game they've improved their RZ defense quite a bit, so as I said, how the Jags do in the RZ determines the game IMHO.

Holy crap, the Chargers actually won a playoff game?

A Chargers team coached by NORV TURNER! :lol:

14-14 at half, Tom Brady had not missed a pass when I last left the TV. I WANT Jax to win, I just dont expect it...but Garrard is playing dynomite right now.

Did anyone see the horse collar tackle by the patriots that was out of bounds.

Did anyone see the horse collar tackle by the patriots that was out of bounds.

Yep. New England still would have won with that call. Tom Brady just had one of the best games I've ever seen.

I am not concerned by the outcome, but if a player commits two personal fouls, isn't that an ejection? The one time the personal foul went to the wrong person, and so I was wondering why Harrison was not ejected.

And 'tis done. Another obstacle out of the way for Green Bay's superbowl win.

And thank god! New England does scare me though.

:)

Top Bottom