West : Seattle
North: Green Bay
WC : Philly
WC2 : Carolina

NFC Championship Game: New Orleans over Philly
AFC Championship Game: San Diego over New England
Superbowl (Tampa, FL): San Diego over New Orleans

Worst Record: 3-13 Chicago
Best Record: 13-3 New England (due to soft schedule).

Double post :blush:

stands alone as what?

QB's of the first round of the '99 Draft still in the league.

Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper are now all out of the NFL. Three of those were mega busts.

I see GB offered him 1 Mill for 1 year but he wouldn't take it, complains no one wanted him.

Someone put it best

Culpepper the agent see's a past his prime injury prone QB but Culpepper the player see's a pro bowl player--the 2 just don't jive.

Bungles put Ocho Cinco on Johnsons jersey--now they need to trade him to a team where #85 is retired Lions or Rams :lol:

My God was the Redskins' offense horrific. I can't believe they scored at all. On fourth down, Campbell was throwing seven yards behind the first down line. At least get it up there -- even if it's a pick, you're losing the ball anyway.

I wouldn't say it was as bad as the Raiders' offense was three years ago, when they premiered against the Chargers to the tune of 12 sacks or whatever, but it was among the worst offensive performances I've ever seen in the NFL. Almost every drive was: penalty, draw, draw, four-yard pass on 3rd and 10.

Cleo

My God was the Redskins' offense horrific. I can't believe they scored at all. On fourth down, Campbell was throwing seven yards behind the first down line. At least get it up there -- even if it's a pick, you're losing the ball anyway.

He took the only open throw he could get it, hoping that somehow Betts manages to get out of the tackles (and you could have argued he almost did.) I'm not saying Campbell had a good game, but I think criticizing him on that throw is a little unfair.

The Offense looked awful yesterday. There was no rhythm when we ran the ball, we didn't throw it enough, and when we did, Campbell couldn't find Cooley enough. He needs to stop looking at his check-down throws and look for options that can get him first downs. I expected the introduction of the West Coast offense to take awhile, but I did not expect to look that bad in the first game. (Although if Campbell could throw like he did in the last minutes of the 2nd quarter, there's a fighting chance at making the season worth something.)

The Defense improved after that awful first series. Landry was obviously not in his best condition. He has the potential to be the next Sean Taylor (and he should easily realize this) but with an injured leg, it's hard to be a free-roamer. Doughty looked surprisingly good. Missing Springs hurt the team a lot, and then an injury to Fred Smoot didn't help either. Carlos Rogers is a very overrated CB, who lets up a lot of completions and then makes the tackle. I guess that's good in a way, but that doesn't help when your man is Plexico Burress. The LB corps looked solid, as usual. I was disappointed by the starting 4 DL, especially Jason Taylor. I know he was not 100%, but he didn't do anything except let 7 yard runs pass him. When guys like Chris Wilson and Demetric Evans came in, the line did better.

At this point, it looks like the Redskins will go 6-10. They were playing the defending Super Bowl Champions on an emotional night for the Giants. It was on the road in one of the tougher stadiums to play in. The defense improved after 1 quarter and that is something to look forward to, especially when Taylor, Landry, Springs, and Smoot all become fully healthy again. The West Coast Offense will take time to learn, but as long as Campbell looks to Cooley more, the team should do better. It's a long season, and week 1 for the Skins is complete.

Smoot in DC is much better than Smoot in Minny, for whatever reason.

If this is the Washington team we are getting this year, chalk up two more wins for Dallas and another wrong prediction for Azale :p

I think the Redskins offense took an awful lot of time to execute the plays, even on the final minutes of the game, when if you're loosing, you should hurry up a bit. Isn't that the coach's fault somehow?

I think the Redskins offense took an awful lot of time to execute the plays, even on the final minutes of the game, when if you're loosing, you should hurry up a bit. Isn't that the coach's fault somehow?

Yea, one of the coach's true responsibilities. Joe Gibbs was constantly ripped for his poor clock management...so to alleviate that, Danny boy goes out and hires a QB's coach to be his head coach.

The 'skins offensive players (and especially Jason Campbell) looked quite uncomfortable in the West Coast offense that Jim Zorn installed. Redskins fans better hope they get a bit more comfortable soon, or it's gonna be a very inept offense this season.

But on the bright side. The defense improved a lot after halftime.
I still think London Fletcher is one most underrated players in the NFL. One of the best middle linebackers in the league, IMHO. It's a shame he's never been recognized as such...

Top Bottom