NFL 2008 regular season

At least you have a game, I live near Detroit and am forced to watch no game--because the Lions haven't sold out their last 4 home games and are blacked out ( even Thanksgiving wasn't sold out )

I will never complain about watching the Texans ever again :p

Don't they at least give you an alternate game to watch?

Nope, it's not that I like the Lions ( Vikes fan ) but I do enjoy rooting against them every Sunday then laughing at everyone at work the next day.

Nope, it's not that I like the Lions ( Vikes fan ) but I do enjoy rooting against them every Sunday then laughing at everyone at work the next day.

You must've been very unpopular at work these last 7 years... :lol:

Get some cable/satellite package, so you can watch all games. Over here we have Sky satellite and for like $130 you can watch the entire regular season. I don't have it because it's too expensive for me, and I don't watch every game, just the ones on Fox Sports or ESPN.

Maybe the Sunday Night Football song on NBC, but yea...Hank Williams Jr is annoying.

They should just have the 8 teams of the NFC East and NFC South play a tournament. It would be more interesting and a ton more better quality.
Carolina is overrated, New Orleans can't play defense, and the Buccaneers can't play offense.
The NFC South and NFC East are the two best divisions in football. But the NFC South still pales in comparison to the East. But, the best NFC playoffs would be the one I described.

This is great,

After pointing out that the Vikings have beat 2 of the 3 teams they have played in the NFC South, which puts your "best playoff" description in the dump, you try to defend yourself by contradicting yourself. Now, there seems to be some misunderstanding on the work contradict, let me look it up for you

to speak contrary to the assertions of

Your assertion is, NFC south is the second best division in football.

How can the NFC south be both the second best division in football and have the New Orleans who can't play defense, the buccaneers who can't play offense and the Carolina Panthers who are overrated (and beating the buccaneers right now), and Atlanta who just lost to the team that can't play defense?

Week 14, the NFC south and east lost every game it was possible for them to lose (the only winners being in divisional games). The NFC east and south are two very good divisions, but the Eagles are Saints are extremely inconsistent and the Redskins are playing simply horrible right now. The vikings are better than any of those three teams.

This is great,

After pointing out that the Vikings have beat 2 of the 3 teams they have played in the NFC South, which puts your "best playoff" description in the dump, you try to defend yourself by contradicting yourself. Now, there seems to be some misunderstanding on the work contradict, let me look it up for you

How can the NFC south be both the second best division in football and have the New Orleans who can't play defense, the buccaneers who can't play offense and the Carolina Panthers who are overrated (and beating the buccaneers right now), and Atlanta who just lost to the team that can't play defense?

Week 14, the NFC south and east lost every game it was possible for them to lose (the only winners being in divisional games). The NFC east and south are two very good divisions, but the Eagles are Saints are extremely inconsistent and the Redskins are playing simply horrible right now. The vikings are better than any of those three teams.

because the jags can't do either and are INCREDIBLY overrated. there goes AFC south. lions. bye bye NFC North. entire West is just gone. AFC east is really inconsistent and repeatedly has entire weeks where only 1 team wins. browns are overrated and have no offense. bengals have no d. no more north. only divisions that are consistantly good are South/East, with AFC east in third.

also, as dachs can attest, i did all the rankings for this, removing divisional games. NFC south is 6-2, 7-1, 6-2, 5-3 without divisional games. your vikings are 4-3.

This is great,

Good freaking Christ, that's not a contradiction. There's nothing contrary to my assertion. A contradiction would be saying the NFC South is the worst division in football or that the NFC North (Ha, don't kid yourself) is the second best. Don't play dumb. A team can be good and not play defense or offense. You are being deliberately deceitful and it's really annoying.

You mean, the Redskins losing to a 9 and 4 team and the Cowboys to a 10 and 3 team. Wow, I guess they did lose every game they could, but really. That's your comparison? Meanwhile the Vikings had trouble putting away the Lions. :lol: Yeah, let's not go there for your own sake. The Eagles and Saints would both beat the Vikings. The Redskins would too, even in this horrible stretch. They didn't have trouble against the Lions at the least.

I may have noted the vikings would make an interesting first round opponent, but make no mistake they lose in the first round. no matter what. The vikings can't pass, or play pass defense. Like the door said above, the two times they've played the lions this year they have barely won. The lions. People were picking the lions to win. And those two wins came on controversial plays. one being a pass intereference that came out of nowhere, and a pass that was ruled to be incomplete that the replay obviously proved inconclusive with the ruling on the field being catch. The east and south are a lot better. Put down the koolaid and slowly walk away...

The Cowboys only hope in the first round this season is a nice trip to the Metrodome.

Favre can stretch a defense, his strengths as a quarterback fit the strengths of the Jets I think better than Pennington's.

Saw this, made me think of this post

Farve...................Pennington

28 20+ yard comp. 34
7 40+ yard comp. 6

Weak armed Chad going deep as well or better than Brett.

Are you sure that's not warped by the YAC of Dolphin vs. Jet receivers?

Chad's passing is alot sharper than it has been the last couple of years :scan: . He looks fully recovered from his shoulder problems.

He also does not have that nasty New York weather to worry about. I've always been a Pennington fan, personally :D Most error free redzone passer in NFL history, top 5 in completion % in NFL history. Teams win when he plays.

I'm just a little peeved that Miami jumped on him. If they hadn't, we might have been able to snag him as a backup. We would already be in the playoffs now if we had pulled that off :(

He also does not have that nasty New York weather to worry about. I've always been a Pennington fan, personally :D Most error free redzone passer in NFL history, top 5 in completion % in NFL history. Teams win when he plays.

Good point and agreed. I also think Chad is playing with a new sense of purpose (or porpoise as the case may be) because of what happened. He gets released because the great Favre is comming to town, so it's a case of "Oh yeah, well watch what I can do!" motivation. Personally I hope the fins get in the playoffs and do well, they've been a LOT of fun to watch this year and have really spiced things up with all that wildcat offense.

I'm just a little peeved that Miami jumped on him. If they hadn't, we might have been able to snag him as a backup. We would already be in the playoffs now if we had pulled that off :(

Good point. He might even be able to teach fumble fingers Romo a thing or two about ball security :lol: (Romo is my fantasy team QB and he's feast or famine). But hey, if Dallas needs a good backup, Bulger might be looking for a job next year. :rolleyes::lol:

New sense of porpoise...that might be the worst-best pun I've ever seen :lol:

Top Bottom