NFL 2008 regular season

Thursday games are stupid.

He also does not have that nasty New York weather to worry about. I've always been a Pennington fan, personally :D Most error free redzone passer in NFL history, top 5 in completion % in NFL history. Teams win when he plays.

The Jets' most successful seasons in recent history were with a healthy Chad Pennington at quarterback. He's gotten a bum rap as of late because of his health issues, and the scrutiny of the New York Media (tm), but he's a pretty good quarterback.

"Arm Strength" is overrated in quarterbacks. Sure, it's a nice dimension to have, just like scrambling mobility, but decision making/accuracy is the most important thing for a quarterback to have. And Arm Strength doesn't compensate for lacking in "football smarts". Many scouts and many teams have learned this too late, the hard way, after burning a top draft pick on a bust who seduced them with arm strength.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations.

I don't believe a word that comes out of Ed Werder's mouth.

conflict may be bubbling now that the REPORT WAS WRITTEN and one of them READS it...

****ing self-fulfilling prophecy.

I sat Pierre Thomas :(

in the playoffs.

Surprisingly a good game.

I sat Pierre Thomas :(

in the playoffs.

Well I played Pierre Thomas, but I also played Reggie Bush and Lance Moore. So yeah, it didn't quite work out as I planned. :crazyeye:

In reality I was hoping for a Bears win. Now if we can get those Vikings to stumble somewhere it's division champs time.

Too bad my cable provider doesn't carry the NFL network. I missed the whole thing and it was a GOOD game! :cry:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations.

:lol:

Perhaps it's true, perhaps not. But the story will only add more fuel to the fire...

But if it's true, this part stood out for me:
Witten leads the Cowboys with 64 receptions to 55 for Owens, who has a team-high 848 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. According to one of the sources, Owens cannot fathom how Romo and Garrett justify the tight end having more catches. Owens, after all, ranks among the most accomplished receivers in NFL history.

Who cares about past accomplishments? The fact is that Witten is the best TE in the league, so why should he not have a lot of catches? Or even more catches than Owens? It should be about winning games, not about personal stats. Just another example of Owens' self-centered behaviour (if the story is true, of course).

The Jets' most successful seasons in recent history were with a healthy Chad Pennington at quarterback. He's gotten a bum rap as of late because of his health issues, and the scrutiny of the New York Media (tm), but he's a pretty good quarterback.

"Arm Strength" is overrated in quarterbacks. Sure, it's a nice dimension to have, just like scrambling mobility, but decision making/accuracy is the most important thing for a quarterback to have. And Arm Strength doesn't compensate for lacking in "football smarts". Many scouts and many teams have learned this too late, the hard way, after burning a top draft pick on a bust who seduced them with arm strength.

If I remember right he is also very, very intelligent- wasn't he a Rhodes Scholar or almost one?

After traveling the internet far and wide, I have come to the conclusion that this little Dallas soap opera is blown waaay waaaay out of proportion and Ed Werder is a sad little man. I looked objectively, thinking I might at least find something corroborated. All I found were "anonymous sources", which ESPN is supposedly not in the business of legitimizing.

I still want Phillips fired though. I knew the guy had one honeymoon year and then would be out, he was just the lesser evil over Norv Turner (poor Chargers :( )

I still want Phillips fired though.

IMHO that won't make any difference at all. With Jones' hands on approach any coach is merely a puppet anyway. Only if Jones gets a really big name coach (like perhaps Bill Cowher), the coach may be strong enough to tell Jones to stay up in his luxury box during games and to keep away from buddying with personal favourite players....

That is partially true, but Garrett is a pretty strong personality. Cowher is also out there.

I personally dislike player's coaches (like Phillips), you probably have my same dislike after watching Linehan and Haslett muck it up in St. Louis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Ah, gotta love those anonymous "team sources".

San Fran treat on Fox at 1pm. Phins goin all the way.

With no Frank Gore, and being at home, I like your chances today - barely. :D

The 49ers have been playing well for Singletary.

Top Bottom