NFL 2008 regular season

The Redskins just lost to the Bengals. Man, Cincy has played the NFC East GOOD this year. Dallas actually beat them the most convincingly :p

Hotlanta won, which means we probably need Tampa and Hotlanta to lose one of their next two to have a chance. We HAVE to finish with the same record, and hope we keep the in-conference edge we currently hold. If it comes down to us and Tampa, we get in by head-to-head.

It's good that San Diego won today because it means they will be playing for something next week @ Tampa. We need them to win probably, I doubt Tampa will drop a game against Oakland. Hotlanta has St. Louis and Minny.

We beat NY and things get alot easier

Fire Jim Zorn

Cut the offensive line. Cut the defensive line. Cut Marcus Washington. Cut Jason Campbell. Cut Antwan Randel El. Cut LaRon Landry. Cut Shawn Springs. Cut the whole freaking Special Teams. Fire Vinny Cerrato. Cut Fred Davis.

Keep the following and the following only: Chris Horton, DeAngelo Hall, Carlos Rogers, Rocky McIntosh, London Fletcher, Anthony Montgomery, Clinton Portis, Mike Sellers, Santana Moss, and Chris Cooley. Everyone else should be out of there after the 49ers road trip.

This is an embarrassing team. The fact that they started 6-2 is so utterly ridiculous to comprehend that it makes me, as a fan, want to shoot myself with the way they play.

Can we just do-over the 2008 NFL Draft and the coaching search process?

Oh, and my 8 team NFC South and East playoff: replace the Skins with the Vikings and Saints with Cardinals. That will be more fun.

Jason Campbell is not your problem, he's the best QB you've had since Doug Williams. I would seriously consider trading Portis while he has any value at all though.

The Skins and the Bills both overachieved at the beginning of the year, I don't think a 7-8 win season would really be that disastrous.

I told you that Zorn would need some time with this team that Danny boy put together, he is going to need to build some depth and some consistency while also learning how to be a HC. Hopefully for your sake, Snyder lets him.

The Skins and the Bills both overachieved at the beginning of the year

I don't really know for Washington, but the Bills had a horrible schedule at the start of the year: Seattle, Jax, Oakland, St. Louis, (Arizona) SD. Now they're going 1-9 to finish the year.

On another note about the Bills (and as a Bills fan), Jauron has to go. Marshawn Lynch is running all over the Jets, and you call PA with Just Plain Lose-Man as your QB???:mad:

:lol:

Witten leads the Cowboys with 64 receptions to 55 for Owens, who has a team-high 848 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. According to one of the sources, Owens cannot fathom how Romo and Garrett justify the tight end having more catches. Owens, after all, ranks among the most accomplished receivers in NFL history.

Funny thing about that quote you took from the article: Owens has been thrown to a LOT more times than Witten. Witten just has more catches.

Funny how much TO and Romo are talking considering their "not on good terms". I don't think we would have come close to winning tonight if the situation was as bad as it was made out to be.

Another rumor floating out there is Holmgren wants to coach again after this season. Seattle is engaged to Mora Jr. though, but he seems willing to part with the Seahawks and seek other teams.

Dang it cowboys we needed you to lose! Eagles rush is too little too late:( This year ends the same as last year with a whole bunch of close loses that we are one play away from winning.

On another note about the Bills (and as a Bills fan), Jauron has to go. Marshawn Lynch is running all over the Jets, and you call PA with Just Plain Lose-Man as your QB???

Better than jeff Fisher electing to throw a 4th down pass instead of kicking the go ahead field goal. I guess better to make that mistake now than in the playoffs. They were talking on the broadcast that all the players love Jauron, leave him be.

Funny how much TO and Romo are talking considering their "not on good terms". I don't think we would have come close to winning tonight if the situation was as bad as it was made out to be.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/81330-owens-to-witten-dont-talk-to-me
Looks like it was Witten who Owens hates. He has good hands envy.

That story is still not sourced and still not supported by any evidence. I'm also not sure it's not taken out of context.

And anyway, if this team is falling apart in the locker room but can still beat an 11-2 team, I'll take it ;)

Also, positing that the stories are true, the Cowboys would hardly be the first team
that had discord in the locker room a success on the field - the late 70's Yankees
being the best example.

I gotta stop leaving it on ESPN...Bayless just said we won because we were so lucky. :lol:

Serutan, are you a Cardinals fan? What's the dealio in Arizona?

Better than jeff Fisher electing to throw a 4th down pass instead of kicking the go ahead field goal. I guess better to make that mistake now than in the playoffs. They were talking on the broadcast that all the players love Jauron, leave him be.

I'm sorry, but Jauron has cost the Bills at least two games last year (Broncos and Cowboys, the two last-second field goals) with bonehead coaching, same with this year: this game and arguably Cleveland as well (why not get closer, and why leave 40 seconds on the clock even if Lindell makes the kick? Lindell is almost automatic from inside 40, he had over 50 straight before SF, but really shaky from outside 45.). He may be a player's coach, but he can't coach.

I do agree that Jeff Fisher's call was dumb. You have a great kicker, with a very strong leg. Remember the 60+ yard kick? And even if you are going for it, why not throw a high-percentage pass?

Regarding all the Cowboys soap opera b.s. ESPN is becoming more and more like The Weekly World News.

The Redskins just lost to the Bengals. Man, Cincy has played the NFC East GOOD this year. Dallas actually beat them the most convincingly :p

Hotlanta won, which means we probably need Tampa and Hotlanta to lose one of their next two to have a chance. We HAVE to finish with the same record, and hope we keep the in-conference edge we currently hold. If it comes down to us and Tampa, we get in by head-to-head.

It's good that San Diego won today because it means they will be playing for something next week @ Tampa. We need them to win probably, I doubt Tampa will drop a game against Oakland. Hotlanta has St. Louis and Minny.

We beat NY and things get alot easier

As a Cincinnati fan, I think I can be excused for failing to follow this season. However, I am laughing. We should jump to 29 or even 28 on ESPN's power rankings.

I gotta stop leaving it on ESPN...Bayless just said we won because we were so lucky. :lol:

Serutan, are you a Cardinals fan? What's the dealio in Arizona?

Not really a Cards fan, although I watch them some now that they're not
sucking toads for once. Basically, they won the West by default; by being
mediocre whilst Seattle and the Rams sucked toads, and the Niners were not
good. They're way too one dimensional offensively, and the defense can't be
trusted. 5-0 in division, 3-6 outside division pretty much says it all.

I taped the Cowboys-Giants game and watched it last night.

A couple of thoughts:

- Both Romo and Manning are two tough dudes. They both took a beating, yet they refused to back down.

- Both defenses have great pass rush. Dallas (mostly) from its' outside linebackers, NY from its' defensive line.

- NY has issues blocking outside rushers, and if any of their starters on the offensive line misses time it could cost them the no 1 seed in the NFC next week against Carolina.

- John Carney rocks. 44 years old and he still easily hits 47 yard field goals. Wow...

- Owens vs. Witten. Terrell Owens dropped another big one. 3rd play from scrimmage Owens dropped an easy first down for a long gain. Late in the fourth, when Dallas needed a 1st down to drain the clock, Romo went to Witten on 3rd down and Witten delivered. Advantage Witten, IMHO...

- Besides that one run in the 4th Marion Barber just did not look right to me. Some lingering issues with the toe?

Philly with the win. All we need is for the falcons to lose and to beat the next two. Looks like that dallas game is going to be pretty important to us. I wonder which mcnabb will show up?

I taped the Cowboys-Giants game and watched it last night.

A couple of thoughts:

- Both Romo and Manning are two tough dudes. They both took a beating, yet they refused to back down.

- Both defenses have great pass rush. Dallas (mostly) from its' outside linebackers, NY from its' defensive line.

- NY has issues blocking outside rushers, and if any of their starters on the offensive line misses time it could cost them the no 1 seed in the NFC next week against Carolina.

- John Carney rocks. 44 years old and he still easily hits 47 yard field goals. Wow...

- Owens vs. Witten. Terrell Owens dropped another big one. 3rd play from scrimmage Owens dropped an easy first down for a long gain. Late in the fourth, when Dallas needed a 1st down to drain the clock, Romo went to Witten on 3rd down and Witten delivered. Advantage Witten, IMHO...

- Besides that one run in the 4th Marion Barber just did not look right to me. Some lingering issues with the toe?

All of that is correct. Barber is suffering some lingering problems from the toe injury, it's why he wasn't as...Barbarianish as usual.

Muscles deteriorate in general with age don't they? You really need a strong, swift kick to be able to nail 40+ field goals. Especially in New York, an outdoor stadium with occasional swirling winds and adverse weather.

Not really a Cards fan, although I watch them some now that they're not
sucking toads for once. Basically, they won the West by default; by being
mediocre whilst Seattle and the Rams sucked toads, and the Niners were not
good. They're way too one dimensional offensively, and the defense can't be
trusted. 5-0 in division, 3-6 outside division pretty much says it all.

At least you agree the 49ers don't "suck toads". ;)

Top Bottom