NFL 2008 regular season

Fire Wade Phillips already. This is not Aikman, Irvin, and Emmit. You can not have the HC equivalent of Chan Gailey and Barry Switzer out there. If this team can not even show half the effort of the other team on a night like this....Phillips has to go.

Billick, Cowher, Singletary, Holmgren, Schottenheimer, Schwartz, Garrett, Rob Ryan, I'll take anyone besides this "player's coach". Hurry up Jerry, the one thing the Cowboys still have might also be gone by the end of this year (our championship lead, if Pittsburgh wins another one).

EDIT: Just for posterity, Romo was terrific when it mattered in this game in TWO down the field drives at the end of the game with ZERO room for error. Somehow we still found a way to blow it twice and it will be twisted as "Romo can't win the big game".

Whatever, I knew we would underachieve big time this year. Wade was a 1 year stopgap, always was.

I need some of these: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Weak Wade Philips is probably not a good coach for the Cowboys (especially with JJ breathing down his neck), but this loss was not his fault.

Jason Garrett called a really bad first 3 quarters on offense and the tackling of the Cowboys defense in the 4th killed the Cowboys chances. That, and the fact that both the offense and the defense of the Ravens were quite good. Mason was spectacular, he just kept coming back even though he was hurting pretty bad.

There is simply NO WAY that Jason Garrett should be the Cowboys next head coach. He simply isn't ready (yet).

Yea, Garrett isn't ready. He would still command more from this team than Wade :p

I want to know what the play calls were on those two long runs, it seems once they broke the first line they were gone. Were those all out blitzes on a first down running play or something? Wade has been calling a good game, but he gets blitz happy.

I would not mind keeping him on as DC, I wonder if he would accept that demotion. It's not like he is a particularly high payed HC anyway.

Note, I think Hotlanta (at Minnesota), Tampa (vs San Diego), and Chicago (at Green Bay) will all lose this week. If that happens, Dallas still controls it's own destiny if it can beat Philly. I just don't think I even want to see it anymore.

The Ravens are pretty good. If we had any competent offense though, that game would've been over by the 3rd quarter. Flacco was feasting on how tired our defense was. I was amazed we did not give Choice the ball more early when he was the only successful thing we had against the Ravens defense. Basically, I don't think this team can beat the Colts, Steelers, or Titans but they deserve this playoff berth much more than we do. You can only coast on talent for so long.

Sidenote: Cowboys losing the to the Ravens almost definitely cost the Pats a playoff berth. If the Jags can pull an upset it the Pats have a shot otherwise its over.

Zorn wasn't even a coordinator, he was a position coach :p

Now I know how Titans fans feel...Who knows how much life I have left in me and I spend all of my time watching my teams lose, year after year...

so...seriously, fire the team trainers. and the o-line. and the defense who PLAYED this year (our bench-warming injured would-be-starters are great).

if we lose to the chargers........

Did Zorn save his job today?

I would say yes, probably. Of course, with Danny Boy calling the shots, it could go either way. A 7 year deal put in front of Bill Cowher's nose could push him out of a job. It is kind of a shame too. Even though he is not a good coach now, he will be in 5 or 6 years. He had too much on his plate for a tough job.

Zorn, by the way, won his first challenge ever, in week 15. That was nice to see. The defense was ridiculous, we need to do anything and everything possible to keep Hall on this team. Landry finally looked like he wanted to play. Jason Taylor was actually active.

The offense was mediocre again; although, I will say that the Eagles play terrific defense. Portis did what he could, Campbell did not turn the ball over, and Devin Thomas sort of showed up.

Going 3-3 in this division is an accomplishment. If we had not had these 2 ridiculously stupid losses (both of which we had chances to win), this team would be on an inside path to a playoff spot.

hm... i dont see a reason why even a 60 year old couldnt do this. (not saying anyone can kick field goals, but it's not really an ability you lose with age...)

You lose the flexibility you need to kick as you age. Watch the legs of a kicker in slow motion sometime, it's cool stuff.

3-11-1 :cool:

You lose the flexibility you need to kick as you age. Watch the legs of a kicker in slow motion sometime, it's cool stuff.

3-11-1 :cool:

worst.game.ever.

qb game rating of 38 or so. all 3 of them combined.

CEDRIC BENSON had more yards than the three of them combined.

and most importantly, LEON HALL tied James Johnson to lead the bengals in receptions. which doesn't sound so bad, until you consider that he's a CB, not a WR. and btw, Johnson's a RB.

Sidenote: Cowboys losing the to the Ravens almost definitely cost the Pats a playoff berth. If the Jags can pull an upset it the Pats have a shot otherwise its over.

Not quite, the Jets that beat the Titans might show up next Sunday, instead of the Jets that lost to the West Coast.

But you really have to wonder about the motivation factor. Will the players ramp it up to (try to) save Mangini's job? Could they possibly get fired up to beat the QB they unceremoniously dumped at the beginning of the year, in favor of the QB that awkwardly unretired and then has been turning it over to opposing defenses all year? Assuming the Pats and Ravens are winning big (or if the game gets pushed to 4PM, have already won), to the Jets let Miami take the division or struggle to hand it to Belichick's Patriots?

I'm a Dolphins fan living in New England. I was cheering for the Jets and Cardinals yesterday and nevermind wanting the Dolphins to beat the Jets for their own benefit, I want the Pats season ended next weekend. The wailing and gnashing of teeth in my office about 11-5 and not making the playoffs will be music to my ears after last year's agonies. :)

Holy hell we are win and in....holy...hell :eek: I mean, I predicted it and all...but for it to actually happen? I hope we realize the gift we just received, it's Christmas a few days early.

This Dallas @ Philadelphia game is going to be epic. Hopefully McNabb throws as many ducks as he did against Washington.

The big one was San Diego winning. Now Denver has to go to San Diego to avoid one of the biggest season chokes of all time (probably just behind Minnesota starting 6-0 and losing the division to Green Bay in 2002).

This Dallas @ Philadelphia game is going to be epic. Hopefully McNabb throws as many ducks as he did against Washington.

I love me some Tony Romo, just to set the stage for what I'm about to say.....

We'll screw it up. McNabb will have an ace of a game, Westbrook is good for 120, and Reggie Brown will actually run a route IN the endzone! TO will choke, Witten will lead the team in catches and yards, Romo will fumble/INT 3 or more times, and Wade will be caught on camera eating two chili dogs at once while asleep. 9-7, out of the playoffs, and the biggest let down since I learned that :) wasn't real.

I dunno, we ripped them up pretty good the last two times we played them with a healthy Romo. Hopefully Barber is healthy enough to play more, we need him for pass blocking.

and most importantly, LEON HALL tied James Johnson to lead the bengals in receptions. which doesn't sound so bad, until you consider that he's a CB, not a WR. and btw, Johnson's a RB.
CB leading team in reception is leeet.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth in my office about 11-5 and not making the playoffs will be music to my ears after last year's agonies. :)

Tell them: Don't feel bad for losing out to a better team, the phins are goin all the way. Do it with a completely straight face just to watch them twist.

Tell them: Don't feel bad for losing out to a better team, the phins are goin all the way. Do it with a completely straight face just to watch them twist.

I doubt it. We'll just think about how in the offseason we'll draft or sign 1 or 2 LB and a CB and Brady will be back next year to run the table. The fins weren't as bad last year as their record indicated, they had the Pats in their division and had to play the NFC East and the NFC North, all of the teams in these divisions finished above .500 last year except the Bengals. You guys will be back to wearing paper bags on your head in no time.

Yeah and um the bears will sign a QB and one or two WR's and we'll be the best team in the nfl.

Yeah and um the bears will sign a QB and one or two WR's and we'll be the best team in the nfl.

Do you have any idea how many starters the Pats have lost for the season? 4 defensive starters since September. They've also lost 2 backup linebackers, the starting runningback. We currently have Ty Warren, James Sanders, and Bruschi sitting on the sidelines. That's more than half the defense from September that is not playing. This doesn't even include the MVP from last year. Yet they are still in contention. Please don't give me that. Who have the Bears lost for any stretch except Hester?

and um the broncos will sign the detroit lions to their practice squad (except Calvin) so they have enough moderately decent players to play next year, and we'll be the 23rd best team in the NFL (still good enough to win the AFC West)

also, I can see michael vick signing with us as an RB. if we sign a cellphone salesman who stole a players bag after having been cut, convicted felon is only a single step down but more talented.

Top Bottom