1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2008 regular season

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Darkness, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Azale

Azale Deity

Remember, this is the Eagles decade. So far, 0 championships and alot of choking to show for it. Your the team on the clock, not the Cowboys ;)

You want to skip out on a team that's unclutch and full of talent by jumping on the TEXANS bandwagon? :lol: They've been "full of talent and ready to make the next step" since 2004!

2. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Yep, Favre certainly dug up a lot of hate and discontent with all those interceptions over the last few games. Maybe this time he'll take the hint and stay retired.

3. Azale

Azale Deity

Speaking of Favre, Mangini is OUT as Jets headcoach. Marinelli is also out in Detroit but I think that was a foregone conclusion...

4. El Justo

El Justo Deity

heh, written in the true spirit of sour grapes, my friend :p perhaps the astros or the spurs may relieve your anguish :lol: i'll remind you though that the cowboys were supposed to win the whole thing this year...and to not even make the playoffs is astonishing!! at least the eagles choke in january and not december :D

as the venerable jim mora once said, "playoffs?! this team?! playoffs?!?!

:lol:

not sure if mcflubb will be back next year. i would presume that he'd be...but who knows? i did see that he asked for a contract extension recently.

5. Azale

Azale Deity

We choked in January the last two years silly. The Eagles were supposed to win the whole thing about 4 years in a row and didn't. The Eagles had homefield advantage three years in a row in the NFC Championship and cashed in once, then proceeded to throw (up) it all away.

Just sayin, Eagles don't have much room to talk about choking. Win this year and prove me wrong.

6. El Justo

El Justo Deity

:lol: my bad, i forgot about those other crushing defeats that the cowboys had.

those eagles losses from the early '00s were far different teams. of course, a choke is a choke and i'll never deny that - i mean, that is what mcnabb is all about. i guess i'm just saying welcome (back) to the club :p it just tickles my heart :love:

7. Azale

Azale Deity

How is it different? :p Reid and McNabb are the center of the team. Westbrook might be your ticket, but Reid will never punch it. Just wait for that 80% passing game to see where it all went wrong.

I think the Eagles best chance was with Garcia back in 2006. Maybe in 2003 as well, but the Raiders demise had much to do with Gruden knowing the playbook. I don't think they would have lost to the Eagles.

8. El Justo

El Justo Deity

the defense is completely different (personel-wise), the recievers are different, the line is different. it's just a different team albeit w/ similar results. that i won't deny :) i'm the first to admit their chokes. i just can't stand that 'star' and to see them flounder just warms my heart :p i feel for you though, Azale. i mean, i don't want to rub it in on you, personally :) it's just that damn star i hate...

9. Azale

Azale Deity

The star is the only thing I love right now :p Most of the players are not lovable. Romo, Witten, Ware, Folk, Colombo, and maybe Bradie James being the exceptions.

10. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Wow..... the Dolphins made it :crazyeye: :goodjob: . Chad for president!

11. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

You guys will have the three headed beast of choice, felix jones and barber next year. that will make a difference I'm sure.

Who was the best running back tandem this year? I thought the jones-barber one was going to be it, but I guess the obvious answer is the giants. But the vikes wouldn't be in without the ap/chester taylor combo. I think I have to go there as the best.

12. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

That one is on Brett.

Owner says wants Farve back

Farve says he HATES Mangini at press conference

Mangini fired

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

13. Azale

Azale Deity

Trading Barber or Choice to move up into the first round is another idea, but it all hinges on Felix being ready to go 100% next year.

The best tandem this year was Jacobs/Ward, with Turner/Norwood a close second IMO.

14. rhawn

rhawn Emperor

Its gotta be AP/Taylor. Atl and NYG both have a passing game.

15. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

It was a joke, although the two games I was able to watch of theirs this year really impressed me. I believe, note "I believe", that Schaub is an underrated quarterback. With a full healthy season from him, I think (note "I think") they could contend for that division.
    I'd go for trading Barber. I've loved having him on the team, but I think he clearly has beat himself up. How long can someone play at that level, and put themselves through that much abuse at the professional level, and expect to last?

Also, my RB tandem of the year? Johnson/White

16. Azale

Azale Deity

Jason Garrett is getting interviewed for the Lions HC job, per Adam Schefter of the NFL Network. I hope he gets it.

The Newark Star Ledger is reporting that Parcells might be willing to evoke his out on the contract he signed with the Dolphins to coach in the NFL again. The paper goes on to say the Jets would be the best fit, but they are idiots.

@Mauer, it's been that way for the Texans since 2004, trust me. I've watched all of their games. Yea, they might be a healthy Schaub season away from the playoffs but the guy just is always banged up. He reminds me of Marc Bulger.

17. djvandrake

djvandrake Prince

He's as scared as a teenage girl on every dropback? :rolleyes:

18. Son_Of_Dido

Son_Of_Dido Prince

You know, star on his helmet notwithstanding, I almost feel kinda bad for Tony Romo.

Brett Favre on the other hand, I completely enjoy the ignominious end to his season without one shred of sympathy. So lovely that he's gotten the coach fired, and the quarterback he forced out of town is the one who eliminated them. I might even make Pennington and the Dolphins my annual "sympathetic rooting interest since my favorite teams suck too much to make the playoffs themselves" choice this postseason.

19. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

If Atlanta doesn't give Norwood more carries next year, they'll be in trouble since Turner went over the magic 370 carry mark this year...

20. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

I second that. That dude is a beast, but so was Earl Campbell...Sell high!