NFL 2008 regular season

Redskins sign Haynesworth...

7 years, 100 million dollars

Not sure about this one. True, Haynesworth is a beast in the middle, but 100 million for a defensive tackle with durability issues and who only plays about 2/3rds of the defensive snaps anyway (and who plays far better in contract years than in regular years), seems like a huge overpayment to me....

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Now watch JJ go and overpay for an aging middle linebacker :p

Not sure about this one. True, Haynesworth is a beast in the middle, but 100 million for a defensive tackle with durability issues and who only plays about 2/3rds of the defensive snaps anyway (and who plays far better in contract years than in regular years), seems like a huge overpayment to me....

I agree Darkness, plus adding Hall's 54 million :eek: . Dang, I don't even think
he is that good. Amazing the amounts of money thrown around. Really... nobody in sports is worth 100 million dollars :crazyeye: .

Peyton Manning is worth 200 million.

Fred Taylor to Patriots, per ESPN.

That sounds like vintage Daniel Snyder to me.

Peyton Manning is worth 200 million.

Fred Taylor to Patriots, per ESPN.

Not in my opinion, but that's just me. I'll take an above avg QB, and spread the rest all around and win a few Superbowls in a row ;) .

Aaaaarrrggghhhh, Taylor to my arch-nemisis :mad: .

I don't know whether to cry or vomit. 155 million dollars in a period of about 7 hours. If Taylor and Carter do not combine for 20 sacks this year, Daniel Snyder should resign.

Broncos | Dawkins signed
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:17:52 -0800

David White, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the Denver Broncos have signed free-agent FS Brian Dawkins (Eagles), according to a source. Dawkins is expected to be introduced at a press conference Saturday, Feb. 28

:eek:

^^^ Yikes. Didn't see that coming but if any Defense needs him it's Denver.

The Rams did nothin today except release Trent Green (QB) and Drew Bennett, a rather unproductive WR. I hope Trent enjoys retirement, because he deserves it. Now we desperately need a backup QB for when Bulger starts throwing like a teenage girl again. :rolleyes:

Patriots | Cassel traded to Kansas City
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:07:56 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New England Patriots have traded QB Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs. Terms of the deal are not yet available.

:eek: :eek: Probably for less than a 1rst, considering how high KC's pick is.

EDIT:

Cassel & Vrabel to Chiefs for 2nd rounder
Kitna to Cowboys for Anthony Henry
Dawkins officially signed by Broncos
WR Brandon Jones overpaid by Niners
Jason Brown (the best lineman to be a free agent since Hutchinson) signs with Rams
Maurice Morris to the Lions
Keith Brooking to the Cowboys (woo?)

Couldn't of happened to a bigger d-bag.

What? I don't mean to pull an OT but...SOURCE?!?!? :p

What? I don't mean to pull an OT but...SOURCE?!?!? :p

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

I would trade Romo for Cutler straight up.

And here are the Broncos risking their franchise's next 5 years to get their guy from New England with half of Cutler's talents and half his stats too :lol:

I would trade Romo for Cutler straight up.

And here are the Broncos risking their franchise's next 5 years to get their guy from New England with half of Cutler's talents and half his stats too :lol:

Not sure if Culter was going to NE, there were several teams involved in the proposed deal--3 way trade, 4 way trade? I know Tampa was one--they need a QB.

Well, Cutler wasn't going to New England but Cassel would've ended up in Denver in the rumored 3-way right? It's dumb beyond comprehension.

Apparently NE is pretty confident Brady will be ready to go by season's start.

I'm one of those people who think that Haynesworth needed to play at an all world level
outside of a (perceived) contract year before throwing that kind of money at him.

Looks like the Cardinals may be reverting to form, a letting people walk instead of trying to
hold the team together...

Top Bottom