NFL 2008 regular season

Maybe the new Rams front office does know what they're doing? At the very least they do appear to be more competent than their predecessors...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3946827

Sure, they overpaid to get Jason Brown, but help for the offensive line was needed very badly, and Brown is a young, promising center who actually contained Albert Haynesworth twice this past season, so he might just be worth the money (at least there's an improved chance of Bulger actually standing long enough to throw a (short) pass and Jackson actually finding a hole to run through).

And Bartell showed some real promise even though the Rams as a team sucked. I hate letting young, promising CB's go, so if he really re-signs I'd be very pleased.

Given that Parcells booted him last year makes me think that's really unlikely.

The vikings fans were very fired up mthat they might get Jay Cutler this morning, and then very sad when they read that he was making up with his coach this afternoon.

The vikings fans were very fired up that they might get Jay Cutler this morning, and then very sad when they read that he was making up with his coach this afternoon.

As a Vike fan I say good--this kid has a real inflated opinion of himself. He was whining to a reporter " Why are there no Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Eli Manning trade rumors" and the guy said " maybe because they have won super bowls !"

Cutler's got some ego action going, but I also think McDaniels was an idiot for trying to dump
him for Cassel.

Culter definately sounds like a whining baby in this saga, but can you really blame him? He was kept totally in the dark while the new coach and new GM were trying to replace him as the Broncos starting QB. After he had had a pro bowl season no less... Cutler is not Brady or Peyton, but neither is Cassell. Is Cassell really that much better than Cutler that this was really a deal Denver needed to pursue? Is Cassell better than Cutler, period? I don't think so... That's gotta feel like some serious back-stabbing to Cutler. Not a great way for the new management to start their relatiomship with their current starting QB, IMHO... Now this could have some serious long-term consequences for the Broncos. Management needs to win Cutler's trust back, and Cutler doesn't really strike me as a person who's trust is won easily...
He might just push back actually. Perhaps not this year, but what about next offseason (or the offseason after that), when Denver wants to resign him long-term (if he keeps on playing/growing like last season that is)... ?

Cassel looked real good last year, but I would rather have Cutler any day... that fellow
can 'sling' it :eek: . At the start of last year, he was blowing up the fantasy leagues too. His RBs all got hurt and the defense completely disappeared, but the passing game
was pretty good all year.

So the Cowboy's send T.O. packing because he's too disruptive, despite his production at the position. Really, I didn't see that coming. :eek:

So, where does he go now? The Lions? Oakland? Who's going to want this guy?

So the Cowboy's send T.O. packing because he's too disruptive, despite his production at the position. Really, I didn't see that coming. :eek:

So, where does he go now? The Lions? Oakland? Who's going to want this guy?

Azale does.

Azale does.

:lol: I was uncaring as to whether he got cut or not. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose, I would have said keep him.

I'm not exactly a "TO guy". The guy is a bit of a headcase, but at least he is not as stupid Plex "2nd Amendment" Burress :)

There is an off-season thread btw you guys! :p

:lol: I was uncaring as to whether he got cut or not. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose, I would have said keep him.

I'm not exactly a "TO guy". The guy is a bit of a headcase, but at least he is not as stupid Plex "2nd Amendment" Burress :)

There is an off-season thread btw you guys! :p

AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS?
You are the most TO guy I've ever encountered!

AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS?
You are the most TO guy I've ever encountered!

Then the number of people you have encountered is significantly less than the number of people I have encountered :) I've met Eagles fans who would STILL take TO over
McNabb.

Top Bottom