1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2009 Regular Season

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Azale, Jul 25, 2009.

1. illram

illram Deity

The "abysmal pass defense" had 2 picks and had done a decent job shutting down Peyton here and there. Granted it was not stellar but it's not like they were getting run over roughshod by the Colts offense all game. They had some stops.

2. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Looking back, I like the call.

3. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Upon further reflection, I don't think the decision to go for it was as stupid as I first thought, partly for the reasons you cite. The real problem was clock management and the actual play call. I still don't agree with it; IMHO the reward of getting the 1st down was outwieghed by the risk of giving Peyton the ball at your own 28.

4. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

The Brown's offensive (un)coordinator and their head coach need to take a long walk on a short pier... that is the sorriest excuse for an offense I have ever seen in a pro football game, including the strike season :eek: . I actually felt sorry for the fans there last night.

5. RedFusion

RedFusion tOSU 37 scUM 7

Finally the whole nation got to see what us Browns fans have had to see all season long. Unfortunately it seems like Lerner is going to wait until the end of the year to dismiss Mangini (god he should have been fired weeks ago, hell he shouldn't even have been hired in the first place!!!). I am just praying they bring in someone that can actually coach like Jon Gruden because this team needs a competent leader. This team couldn't beat the '99 expansion team, it's just that gruesome.

6. holy king

holy king Deity

funny game. the ravens hardly bothered playing football.

7. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

I didn't really blame Quinn for the most part- he had no time, the plays sucked, they ran when they should pass and vice versa, the recievers were terrible, etc... then he chunked those 2 hail marys over by the bench area and I realized that he was a big part of the problem too :mischief: . Really I haven't seen many offenses THAT bad even in college games. If I was the offensive coordinator... I would have quit in the post game interview!!!

8. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

I am just praying they bring in someone that can actually coach like Jon Gruden

Signed TV extension

9. RedFusion

RedFusion tOSU 37 scUM 7

And you really believe he doesn't have an out-clause if a coaching gig comes up???

It's completely on the coaching. Brian Daboll, the OC, is absolutely wretched. Honestly, Peyton Manning couldn't be good in this incoherent mess of an offense.

10. The Menace

The Menace Warlord

11. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

He already knows what jobs are open--Washington,Buffalo,Cleveland & Oakland-the fact he signed an extension means none of those interest him.

12. Azale

Azale Deity

13. The Menace

The Menace Warlord

As a Bills fan, I agree with you 100%.

14. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

I agree he should have already been gone, but I do have to wonder what good it does to fire him now, rather than wait until the end of the season. It's highly likely the interim coach will just flap in the breeze for the rest of the season, and none of the "name" coaches will have anything to do with a midseason replacement situation.

15. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

16. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Looks like the dolphins just missed their shot at the playoffs. As for the Russell situation, it'll be interesting to see how Gradkowski plays because I remember seeing him play for Tampa a couple years back and I don't remember him being nearly as bad as Russell's turned out to be.

17. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

If he wasn't that bad before, Oakland will make him that bad.

18. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

Well, I am happy. I've been officially freed from my football purgatory. I no longer feel that it is necessary to watch Eagles' football games anymore.

19. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

No, you have to watch, they are still in the wildcard hunt.

20. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Oh come on Ravens! I'm no fan of you, but come on! Blowing a timeout to challenge a spot when you have 2? Trying to lateral on your punt return? Way to make me see an undefeated Payton :(