1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2009 Regular Season

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Azale, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Blowing out the Patriots on MNF should be a fantastic confidence builder for the Saints...

2. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

I was in Minnesota this past weekend to watch the Bears get lambasted. That's one really good team that will give New Orleans all they can handle. The big advantage will be home crowd since both places are so dang noisy.

Btw, Darkness I'll be on the field for the pre-game for the Bears-Rams game this weekend. :D
    Want me to say anything to any of your guys?

3. Azale

Azale Deity

How about, "stop sucking" :p

4. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

If the Saints beat Dallas (which they should), they will easily go undefeated. Or at least they should.

5. Whomp

I think that could be said to anyone on the field other than S. Jackson, R. Gould or L. Briggs.

6. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Tell Jackson to run for 250 yards and 4 touchdowns or he'll let me down. Personally.

7. Azale

Azale Deity

Last time the Saints played us, the FULLBACK had 3 touchdowns. I will be happy if the score is something like 27-45 at the end and not a total beatdown.

The biggest hurdle for the Saints is Hotlanta. The Saints will be playing maybe for a first seed in the NFC, while the Falcons will be playing for the playoffs. Rivalry bla bla bla

8. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

The Falcons are 0-3 against teams that would be in the playoffs in the season ended today.

Also, the Saints are gonna whoop the Cowboys, because nothing is easier for a pass defense than Tony Romo in December (excluding the Browns and Raiders).

9. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Hey Whomp, tell Boller that the guys with the white jerseys are the ones he should be throwing to. :sad:

10. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

"Hey, look at the bright side, the Lions are doing worse, oh wait..."

11. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

I for one can take solace in high draft picks. #2 for 3 years in a row? :crazyeye:

12. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

James Laurinaitis and Donnie Jones are performing good for the Rams actually.

But I'm actually not that disappointed with them this season. The Rams need at least 2 more good drafts before they are relevant again, and after a rough start I am actually pretty happy with the way they compete. At least they're not getting blown out every match.

But please tell Spags to start Keith Null! :)
    Boller sucks, so let's give the rookie a shot.
    He's probably gonna suck too, with this supporting cast, but better a young player making mistakes and learning from them than Boller, 'cause we all know Boller is not the answer for the Rams either.

13. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

I'm just hoping the Pack make the Wildcard and beat New Orleans in the divisionals and then Face and get pwned by the vikings a 3rd time in the NFC championship with Brett Favre throwing 6 touchdowns. That would be favre-sweetness.

14. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Ok, just to hang on to this... Whompie, do you think

A) Cutler sucks
    B) He was put in a position to fail (i.e. O line & receivers)
    C) Both A & B
    D) Other (please elaborate).

15. pawpaw

pawpaw Now Farve-Proof

Or maybe Denvers great o line and receivers put him in a position to win?

16. holy king

holy king Deity

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/brett_favre_avenges_storied

17. Azale

Azale Deity

:lol::lol::lol:

My thoughts exactly. Jesus christ Vikings fans, you might want to wait. Favre could still explode in the playoffs and the Vikings are still probably the second chokiest playoff team of all time. I guess basking in regular season glory is expected, but you're asking for it if everything falls apart.

18. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Same difference, if you think about it....

19. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Report going around that A.Peterson caught going about 60 miles over the speed limit :eek: . Runs hard and drives hard too I guess.

20. Whomp

B and D
    I don't think he sucks. I think he's a lot like Brett Favre was early in his career, reckless, undisciplined and feels like he has to carry the whole load. Remember Favre had more INT's than TD's in his first three years. Now, Cutler doesn't seem to have Favre's charisma and seems to be a Debbie Downer when he goes to the sideline but so does Eli Manning.

That said for some reason, QB's and WR's don't seem to mix in Chicago. What we don't expect is lousy line play. We'll need huge improvements in this area if Cutler is ever going to be able to do anything.