1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2009 Regular Season

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Azale, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

I agree with Whomp.
    Cutler's got a lot of talent, but he's not been put in a good situation this year, and now his play has become erratic (partly because he has less quality around him as he had in Denver, and partly because his decisionmaking hasn't been very good this year).

But seriously, if you put a quarterback on a line that puts Orlando Pace, at this stage of his career, in a position where he has to protect the QB's blind side, the QB is going to be in trouble. But besides Pace, the entire O-line hasn't played very well for Chicago (not even Kreutz).
    And the targets Cutler has aren't all that great either. The only ones he seems to really trust is are Olsen and Forte (and Forte is strictly a dump-off option (who can make a play with his legs). The receivers, besides some flashes from the rookie Knox, have been very disappointing so far.

And let's not forget, the great Chicago defense is not exactly helping Cutler out here. Their play has seriously declined, and Cutler just about has make the offense score 30 to win games...

2. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Cutler has one more win than Craig Krenzel

3. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

How does Washington miss a 23yd field goal?

4. RedFusion

RedFusion tOSU 37 scUM 7

Holy Crap the Browns actually scored a TD on their first drive. First time in like forever that has happened.

5. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Saints scored too quick.

lol@Steelers. That was awful.

6. Archbob

And Campell throws a clutch interception, I give up. God wants the saints to win this one.

7. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

Yea, I have no idea how the Saints pulled that game out...but 12-0 is 12-0.

8. Azale

Azale Deity

Jesus, this game is playing out so similar to how I thought it would, it's scary.

I think we can beat San Diego though, they just gave up 20 to Cleveland :lol:

edit: I think Tony Romo willed this team to 24 points on his own. The defense, special teams, running game, and offensive line were pretty piss poor today.

We basically HAVE to beat Washington, and one of New Orleans/San Diego. Hopefully Philly has wrapped up the division and their seed by the last week so we can have a free win. Green Bay is likely to win 10 games and has the tiebreaker, and NY is likely to win 10 as well though their road is a little tougher than Green Bay's.

:undecide:

9. RedFusion

RedFusion tOSU 37 scUM 7

Hey, watch it, the Browns managed to put up 23 points not just 20. They should have had more if BQ didn't fumble the ball inside San Diego's ten on the Browns third drive of the game AND didn't miss that field goal on the second drive.

10. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

That was mind blowing. Although the Brees interception turned touchdown for the Saints was close.

11. Archbob

Dissappointed that the vikings lost. Hope they can beat the Bengals next week. Peterson had a really bad game

12. mAthens

mAthens Chieftain

i hate the nfl

but i love ochocinco

13. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

So did Favre. Both picks were horrible missed reads.
    And now Henderson is out for the season with a broken leg. Very bad week for the Vikings, I think. Losing the game is disappointing, but losing Henderson could really prove to be costly.

Maybe now the press can stop all the hype about Peterson being the best running back in the NFL, 'cause newsflash: Adrian Peterson is NOT the best running back in the NFL. :rolleyes:

14. Azale

Azale Deity

By the time they realize Chris Johnson is the best RB in the league, it'll be someone else. The media is always late to the bandwagons.

15. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

There is not much to say about the Redskins loss.

I mean, that game was so weird. I'm not surprised the Redskins blew it because they have managed to do so for several weeks in a row. And 23 yard field goals. Good gracious.

16. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Mike Martz for OC!

17. Archbob

Whose the backup for Henderson?

18. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Well, the Steelers are officially toast. From the radio call, it sounded like they mailed this one in.

19. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Troy Polamalu is the key to everything their famed Defense does, because without him they are but a very, very ordinary defense...

20. Azale

Azale Deity

I think Pittsburgh is going quietly into the night.