NFL 2009 Regular Season

Soooo RF, does this mean you've already given up on the Browns since you're talking about the only team in the division they could possibly beat?

There is a reason why our top brewery has a beer called "WIT Till Next Year!" I'm realistic with the Browns. I'd love it for them to make a run for the playoffs and possibly Super Bowl, but the talent just isn't there yet. Under Savage/Crennel, the team was woefully weak on the talent department after years of bad drafting since they came back into the league. Savage did a decent job picking up players (such as Edwards, D'Qwell Jackson, Brodney Pool, Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, Eric Wright, Kamerion Wimbley and Brandon McDonald). But there was still a lack of depth in the organization, and that really was their downfall (that and the fact Crennel was a mediocre coach at best). With a new regime in place, hopefully their picks pan out at least as well. Because if they don't, the Browns will continue to be where they are most of the time.

Stallworth Sentence to Harsh

A Miami judge is expected to hear arguments on suspended Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth's motion to cut his time on house arrest and probation, which were part of his DUI manslaughter plea bargain.

He tested positive for booze and pot and killed a guy and got 30 freak'n days and gots the nerve to complain?

Still, sentence is NOT too harsh. He should just do his 'time' and move on. I think maybe he just wanted to go work out/practice with the team... not that the sentence was really too harsh.

The whole gist of what Stallworth was asking was that he be allowed to leave his house to work with a trainer, as he is under house arrest.

Miami has the toughest schedule? :( Then again, of the seven teams with the toughest schedules four are AFC East.

I'll predict Brady to have a so-so year (by Brady standards - he'll still be among the best of the AFC QBs) and for Miami to squeak past them to repeat as AFC East champs. And then get maybe one win in the playoffs before getting overwhelmed again. They won't surprise anyone this year (particularly NE :mischief: ) but they're just enough improved that they won't have to, and there's not much in the way of likely icebowl games late in the season.

I hope you are right. The Dolphins are my team, but for some reason I feel like they are going to have a down year... like 7-9 or something :scan: , but once again I hope you are right and I am mistaken ;) .

Miami has the toughest schedule? :( Then again, of the seven teams with the toughest schedules four are AFC East.

I'll predict Brady to have a so-so year (by Brady standards - he'll still be among the best of the AFC QBs) and for Miami to squeak past them to repeat as AFC East champs. And then get maybe one win in the playoffs before getting overwhelmed again. They won't surprise anyone this year (particularly NE :mischief: ) but they're just enough improved that they won't have to, and there's not much in the way of likely icebowl games late in the season.

Did you by chance catch the Dolphins' wild card game? It was not pretty...

I think with this year's schedule the fish would be lucky to go 7-9, and I like Chad Pennington as a QB.

Did you by chance catch the Dolphins' wild card game? It was not pretty...

I think with this year's schedule the fish would be lucky to go 7-9, and I like Chad Pennington as a QB.

Yep, it was pretty ugly. Baltimore had the Wildcat contained earlier in the season, and there was no change on that score the second time around.

And yeah, the schedule is going to suck, but it is another year that Parcells and Sparano have had their effect on the organization and things are looking markedly improved between this camp and last year's, so I'm figuring 9-7 myself. :)

To be fair, the Ravens were probably the worst matchup the Dolphins could have had.

Probably the suckiest game Chad P ever had too :mad: .

And the winner of the dumba$$ of the decade is...........

How to ruin your football career in 10 easy steps

Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips was convicted of assault and other felony charges Tuesday in San Diego.

A Superior Court jury took less than a day to find Phillips guilty of seven counts, including assault with great bodily injury; false imprisonment; making a criminal threat; and auto theft. He had been accused of choking his girlfriend on two occasions in August 2005, once into unconsciousness.

He faces up to 25 years in prison when he is sentenced Sept. 8. Phillips already is serving a 10-year sentence for hitting three teenagers with his car in August 2005, when he drove onto a field in Los Angeles.

Phillips has refused to attend his own trial, and was not in the courtroom when the verdicts were read Tuesday.

Deputy District Attorney Nicole Cooper told the San Diego Union-Tribune the girlfriend testified she and Phillips had argued on Aug. 2, 2005, and he started choking her after she began tossing his clothes to the floor.

"He'd never been like that before," the girlfriend testified, according to KGTV in San Diego. "He was always a sweetheart."

In the second incident, on Aug. 13, Phillips accused the girlfriend of cheating on him, according to the Union-Tribune. He knocked her backward into a bathtub, then drove with her to find the man with whom he believed she was cheating, the newspaper reported.

KGTV reported on its Web site that the girlfriend testified she and Phillips are still in a relationship.

Phillips, 34, was once one of the nation's top college football players at Nebraska. The St. Louis Rams released him for insubordination in 1997.

He went on to play for the Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers, and spent time in NFL Europe and the Canadian Football League.

As people have said before...you know you are in deep trouble when Dick Vermeil gives up on you.

Yep, poor fellow has a couple of screws loose in my opinion.

And the winner of the dumba$$ of the decade is...........

While Maurice Clarett's criminal career can't hold a candle to Phillip's, he's got some
serious low IQ working for him as well...

Yeah, Clarett didnt just make bad choices, he is actually stupid.

Donte Stallworth is out of the season without pay.

NFC
East: Philadelphia Eagles
West: Arizona Cardinals
North: Da BearsGreen Bay Packers
South: Carolina Panthers
Wildcard1: Dallas Cowboys
Wildcard2: Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings

AFC
East: New England Patriots
West: San Diego Chargers
North: Pittsburgh Steelers
South: Tennessee Titans
Wildcard1: Indianapolis Colts
Wildcard2: New York Jets

Superbowl: Eagles v Patriots

I've come to the conclusion the Bears will be lucky to win 9 games.

Top Bottom