NFL 2009 Regular Season

Welker might have just blown out his knee from an awkward plant & turn in the turf.

If Welker's knee is blown, the Pats are likely playoff toast.

Man, the Giants are really in mail-in mode, aren't they?

41-0 with half the third quarter to go. This is getting ugly.

Also, glad to see Houston extract every bit of drama they can from New England's backups.

EDIT: Haha, the starters WERE out, now they've been in for the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, it must have been a terrible decade for Patriots fans suffering thought the Patriots of the Naughts. :rolleyes:

Well, I wasn't alive back then. But I hear it was extremely bad. (My 2010 Patriots calendar tells me so.) I bet it was painful and all the fans were like this at the games. :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad:

Well, I wasn't alive back then. But I hear it was extremely bad. (My 2010 Patriots calendar tells me so.) I bet it was painful and all the fans were like this at the games. :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad: :cry: :faint: :aargh: :mad:

You weren't alive in...2001?

Red Door was talking about 2000-2009, not the 90s.

How could the Pats blow the lead to the Texans?!?!? :mad: They had better not do the same in the playoffs. And don't think that if Welker's gone they are done for. They still have Edelman, Moss, and more importantly, Brady. Brady's playing with three cracked ribs supposedly now!
The Giants have epic-failed us again.
I'm soooooo glad I'm not a Colts fan.
The Browns have come on strong near the end of the season. But that won't save Mangenius.

You weren't alive in...2001?

Red Door was talking about 2000-2009, not the 90s.

:lol: I am an idiot. i read his post too fast and didn't take the time to understand it. I thought he was talking about before the '00s.

With might and grace, the mighty Brett Favre leads his team to a first-round bye.

You're freaking welcome.

I'm so mad. We dominated in every possible way...and I just KNOW we'll find a way to lose the playoff game against the SAME DARNED TEAM. I can't even enjoy being NFC East champions unless we win next week.

:mad:

Nobody has anything on Denver. I would rather Denver have the worst record in the league the last several years rather than this. It's just ridiculous.

Nobody has anything on Denver. I would rather Denver have the worst record in the league the last several years rather than this. It's just ridiculous.

They overachieved this year, they would've been one and done in the playoffs no doubt. The McDaniels plan is probably a little further along than originally anticipated.

I like the situation Cincinnati is in. If you lose, you get to play the team you just lost to.

And don't think that if Welker's gone they are done for.

If Welker's out then the Pats are definately done for. Welker is the one that makes the Pats' offense go. Especially on 3rd down...

With might and grace, the mighty Brett Favre leads his team to a first-round bye.

Got a brown nose yet? Favre was great, but deification may be a little bit of a stretch here.

Now he can rest his old bones for a week, which he'll need 'cause the opponents he'll face are a whole different story then those Giants who were just mailing it in anyway.

The Pats are done for because their defensive secondary blows, not because of Welker. It is doubtful they can stop San Diego or Indianapolis. They will probably still beat the Ravens at home and head out west in 2 weeks to get eaten alive by Rivers, Jackson, and Gates, but who knows. Welker being out with torn ligaments in his knee weakens the offense, but doesn't change the fact that Leigh Bodden and Shawn Springs can't cover anyone.

The Pats are done for because their defensive secondary blows, not because of Welker. It is doubtful they can stop San Diego or Indianapolis. They will probably still beat the Ravens at home and head out west in 2 weeks to get eaten alive by Rivers, Jackson, and Gates, but who knows. Welker being out with torn ligaments in his knee weakens the offense, but doesn't change the fact that Leigh Bodden and Shawn Springs can't cover anyone.

You're entirely correct.
But with Welker the Pats at least had an offense that could stay on the field for long times to take pressure of the defense. Now that he's gone I think we'll see a lot of short drives for the Patriots offense...

Top Bottom