NFL 2016 off season

Why should the Chargers move? They just announced they came to an agreement with Kroenke and they'll be in LA starting in 2017.

Unless they get a stadium deal in San Diego...which is pretty likely now that the pressure is on.

Spanos got the leverage against the city he wanted out of all this. I still think the SD public is gonna reject funding but the Chargers are making the ultimatum crystal clear now.

I certainly hope SD tells Spanos what he can do with his demands.

I'm torn. I want San Diego to keep its team and to finally have some sort of success. And as long as the Chargers stay in SD there is anyways the hope that Spanos dies or sells.

I certainly hope SD tells Spanos what he can do with his demands.

The NFL is ponying up 300 million. Spanos is being charged 550 million to move, so one would think he'll pay a good of that to stay. At the end of the day I don't think the city is being asked to kick an unreasonable amount.

The NFL is ponying up 300 million. Spanos is being charged 550 million to move, so one would think he'll pay a good of that to stay. At the end of the day I don't think the city is being asked to kick an unreasonable amount.

Any amount is an unreasonable amount.

Because they are getting a stadium that is of no benefit to the city? I'm not buying it. I've lived in a city with an arena, and I live in a city without. It adds value. So does a stadium.

I completely agree. :)

NFL owners are rich, so why should tax money be used to pay for their benefit? The Spanos family is worth 1.7 billion dollars according to Forbes. Let them invest their money in the Chargers and let the city of San Diego invest tax money in health care, education, infrastructure, etcetera... I certainly hope that the city and people of San Diego will go the smart direction and invest their tax dollars into something that is way more important than professional football. :)

I completely agree. :)

NFL owners are rich, so why should tax money be used to pay for their benefit?

Because the city also benefits. A stadium is a profitable thing to operate. Admittedly, the "we pay to build it, you get the profits from operating it" deals that have been cut in some cities in the past were stupid as hell, but that's no reason to avoid investing in a profitable venture.

Sources say he told Caldwell after the season that it was the last season, as well as family and friends, and several players have said their goodbyes to him.

Also, Johnson has not denied it despite having ample opportunity to do so.

Los Angeles Rams name dropping...free agent Peyton Manning could be our quarterback.

Good idea?

There is a sense that the Rams have all the pieces to call themselves "a quarterback away from greatness." LA market is certainly star driven. Seems like he is done in Denver.

I don't know why in the hell Peyton would want to go to the Rams and play behind that train wreck offensive line. The Broncos' o-line isn't exactly great either but his career might end involuntarily behind that line playing Seattle twice a year. Jeff Fisher would probably ruin whatever's left of Peyton anyway.

You know your QB situation is bad when you're contemplating adding a 40 year old QB (as of when the season starts) coming off his career-worst season.

I agree that Peyton would be crazy to agree to play behind that line.

It isn't that hard to improve the offensive line. Especially when the defense is already solid, you have a feature back in place, and descent receivers already. Spend the first round draft pick on a tackle. Pick off one more solid guy in free agency. Plenty of teams will be focused on other things so there should be pieces available.

Top Bottom