NFL 2016 regular season

If you are the Patriots do you go into Thursday night with exactly ONE playable quarterback on the roster?

Do NOT underestimate the power of Darth Hoodie.

Some people are apparently saying Peyton Manning should unretire and play for the Patriots. :lol:

They should pay him a hell of a lot for him to even consider it.

edit:

How stupid could these people be?

a) I'm 99% sure Peyton Manning doesn't even want to go back to the field.

b) Peyton Manning is more old and out of shape this year than last year.

c) it takes several weeks to learn a new teams offensive scheme. Even if they signed him, by the time Peyton Manning would be "ready", Brady would be back.

Manning might be able to grasp enough to manage the game Thursday, which is what they need. One shot to the head for a fifteen yard penalty and a trip through the concussion protocol and they have a wide receiver taking the snaps. That's worth doing, and every Texans D lineman knows it.

Even then, why choose Peyton Manning? There are free agents on the market (which Peyton Manning isn't, by the way) who are a better choice than him.

edit: As someone who has never played a game of football themselves but has only watched, please tell me if I'm correct in this thinking process:

Peyton Manning's only redeeming quality in his old age is his experience. More precisely, his ability to read defenses and change the play with audible.

He'd be in an entirely new offensive scheme. His only "strength" would be negated, leaving you with practically nothing. You want someone young, strong and fast.

Not someone with experience, but their experience is mostly irrelevant for the job.

Belichick is a wiser football man than me and I won't question his authority.

But if I had to guess, he's saying "Oh well, we lose one game to the Houston Texans. At least we don't have to take a salary/roster hit, which is far better in the long run."

If you are the Patriots do you go into Thursday night with exactly ONE playable quarterback on the roster?
*cough* Edelman has a perfect QB rating in the NFL. *cough* 1 pass..1 TD. He also was a QB at Kent State and threw for right at 5000 yards passing in 3 years at Kent State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-pa...ulian-edelman-as-their-no-2-qb-192337663.html
Belichick is a wiser football man than me and I won't question his authority.

But if I had to guess, he's saying "Oh well, we lose one game to the Houston Texans. At least we don't have to take a salary/roster hit, which is far better in the long run."
If I'm Peyton Manning the only way I'm playing in the NFL again is if I get to a wear a red non-contact jersey in actual games.
Guys, calm down... The Pats have already said that Garropolo is the backup QB for Thursday. If Brussett goes down, gimpy Garrapolo comes in and hands the ball off for the rest of the game.

I knew Edelman was what they are relying on. I'm just not terribly impressed by a one for one record on a trick play when it comes to lining him up under center. There's a reason he came out of Kent State without even getting a sniff as a quarterback.

LA just revealed what most of us knew all along. You cant be a run first team with a crappy offensive line. We should have never traded for Graham.

The divestment from the O line was clear and the outcomes should have been predictable.

People on the Seahawks subreddit are blaming Tom Cable for the O-line.

Has it ever occurred to them it doesn't matter who your O-line coordinator is when you've got pretty much the cheapest O-line salary in the league?

I can't believe the Bears still employ Jay Cutler...And John Fox...Cutler is simply not good enough anymore and that's an understatement...He just takes horrible decisions that lead to interceptions almost all of the time.The best case scenario for Chicago is to just tank the season and get a QB on the first pick.
John Fox is just too conservative IMHO, and won't turn any team around in the short term...Granted, he's just into his second season with the Bears, but I highly doubt things will improve in the future with him on board.

I can't believe the Bears still employ Jay Cutler...And John Fox...Cutler is simply not good enough anymore and that's an understatement...He just takes horrible decisions that lead to interceptions almost all of the time.The best case scenario for Chicago is to just tank the season and get a QB on the first pick.
John Fox is just too conservative IMHO, and won't turn any team around in the short term...Granted, he's just into his second season with the Bears, but I highly doubt things will improve in the future with him on board.

Key difference: Fox is a proven winner, Cutler is a proven loser. I'd say Fox, with time, will produce a decent team...once he gets rid of Cutler. Cutler is the living proof that there is more to playing quarterback than being able to throw a football.

I knew Edelman was what they are relying on. I'm just not terribly impressed by a one for one record on a trick play when it comes to lining him up under center. There's a reason he came out of Kent State without even getting a sniff as a quarterback.

Actually, that reason is he was initially considered as a possible wildcat package QB to begin with. When he started doing really well on returns, they decided to transition him to WR to take advantage of his open field running ability.

I personally doubt Edelman would be a decent QB. Being a good QB in college, and being good in the NFL after 10 years and and haven't played the position sense, are two different things.

Also, consider this: Edelman won't be able to pass the ball to... himself. I don't keep up the Patriots, but isn't he like, the best wide receiver on the team? Also, isn't Gronk injured? Even if he plays, he may not be at his 100%. Ouch.

I don't think NE would mind losing a couple of games...After all, they're 2-0, which is better than a lot of people, including myself expected. Dark Hoodie is definitely a genius, and the Pats' system seems to be practically plug-and-play. Tommy Boy will come back from suspension and it will be business as usual.

Top Bottom