1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL: Bledsoe or Romo

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Zarn, Oct 9, 2006.

?

Romo or Bledsoe

1. Tony Romo- Take the risk

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Drew Bledsoe- You cannot win with such inexperience

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. Other/Bring back Aikman

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Looks like we are about to find out tomorrow night, if Romo was a good decision or not.

2. Mojotronica

Mojotronica Expect Irony.

Yep -- the die was cast with that loss to New York...

3. Zarn

He looked alot better in Carolina. I hope he continues to improve.

4. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

No offense intended, but IMHO that had a lot to do with the total disappearance of anything resembling to pass-rushing on the side of the Carolina Panthers...

But still, a good result, and a marked improvement compared to the previous game.

5. Azale

Azale Chieftain

The Panthers do not just "lose" thier pass rush in one game. Cowboys line blocked better and Romo did not hold onto the ball. He also remained patient and threw short passes pretty frequently. He knows how to find Owens too, which is a plus.

I was impressed, I want to see how he does in Washington, but I might be changing my mind regarding the switch.

6. Zarn

The Offensive line is very hot and cold. It had nothing to do with Carolina's line. The line has looked good in half of our games this year and looked good before Adams went down last year.

7. Mojotronica

Mojotronica Expect Irony.

I thought he looked good against Carolina, which is not a push-over team. Could be that Zarn was (gulp) right all along...

8. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Maybe...
    But they'll still have the ups and downs that come with playing an inexperienced QB, and if the line is as inconsistent as it appears to be then it could be feast or famine every game.

But still, like I said before, a good result, so it seems that (at least so far) Parcells has made the right choice.

Though in all honesty, I don't see Dallas making the playoffs with either Romo or Bledsoe at QB. IMHO there are at least 6 better teams in the NFC at the moment, but it's a long season, so everything could be different a month from now.

9. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

I may be wrong, because Romo really did play well :goodjob: - but he doesn't
    look to have the cannon arm that most pro QBs have :scan: /// or maybe he
    didn't need to use it against the Panthers :mischief: .

10. covok48

covok48 Chieftain

I watched the Eagles, Giants game so sorry if I'm coming in a little late.

Bledsoe got sacked over and over. Half of that can be attributed to the mediocre offensive line, the other half was him holding onto the ball too long. He doesn't move, he doesn't spread the ball around, and he makes an awful lot of bad decisions at crucial times in the game (ex. the int returned ofr a TD in the final drive of the Eagles game). The Giants game was more of the same until Romo came in. Sure he had rooki-esqe 3 picks but I saw him make better throws, spread the ball out, and get the hell out of the pocket when pressured.

Not to mention 1 TD and thankfully one pick against Carolina. I say he stays the rest of the season. Bledsoe once was an above average quarterback, now he's a bit over the hill and only getting older.

11. Azale

Azale Chieftain

Truth. I was supporting Bledsoe, but it just seems he isn't fit for this team right now. His strengths are flinging the ball downfield, he makes excellent throws from anywhere really, but when he is pressured he turns into a completely different player. Sometimes he seems to think he can make any throw, and he throws like one of my quaterbacks in NCAA 07 (precision passing my arse) ;)

It may seem obvious "duh pressuring Bledsoe does that", but he played much better last year, even with the line breaking down like it did after Adams was injured.

So, Romo for this year. Parcells better not switch again or I'm punching something. I do NOT want to see Drew Stanton in a Cowboys uniform.

12. Panzeh

Panzeh Chieftain

Drew Bledsoe did a lot better last year handling pressure than he did this year. Last year he punished teams for blitzing heavily.

Maybe it was Sean Payton's offensive schemes.

13. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Romo's stats will diminish once teams fully scout him.

14. Zarn

You have to factor in that he will be more experienced. He is Bledsoe but more mobile, has a quicker release, and he targets Owens more.

15. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

A couple of games isn't enough I don't think. Experience is really more like a full season or two when we're talking about NFL QB's.

16. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

sorry for the resurrection.. but I have to laugh at this post :mischief:

I realize it's easy to talk one year later.