1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL playoffs 2010 predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Darkness, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

Every old-style dome is loud Azale. The cowboys had 1 important injury. The Cardinals had many more on both offense and defense. Warner was injured and was not at 100% most of the game of pete's sake. Thats going to be more important than an offensive linemen. The Cardinals are just complete fail with him.

Dallas was just an overhyped team which everyone thought was unbeatable because they were on a "hot" streak.

2. Azale

Azale Deity

I don't have any doubt that Suisham will be back, but I wouldn't mind giving him some competition.

No duh. The Metrodome is extra bad though, which is a good advantage, one that adversely affects offensive lines that are not used to working with one another.

Like I said, I remember an overrated corner (who got burned plenty during the season and during that game) and Warner, who came back into the game anyway.

Every team, if they lose, was suddenly overhyped. The Chargers were overhyped. The Cardinals were overhyped. Etc etc etc.

Don't try to pretend everyone was picking Dallas. Players can do the "NO ONE BELIEVED IN US" junk but when fans do it, it is really obnoxious.

3. Archbob

The Cardinals were not overhyped. Just about every analyst picked the packers to beat them in weak 1. The way they were talking about the Dallas-Minnesota game last week, you'd think Dallas had already won because since every matchup favored them, the game didn't need to be played at all.

4. Azale

Azale Deity

Yea, sure, whatever makes you feel better. The Vegas line favored the Vikes all week, so anyone with a brain (antonym: people who work for ESPN) knew the Vikings were favorites.

5. Archbob

Why would I need to make myself feel better? My team won. And they won in convincing fashion.

6. Azale

Azale Deity

You seem to want to pretend that no one thought they could do it.

7. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

That was really douchebaggey of the Vikings to go for the touchdown with less than 2 minutes in the game, on 4th down, winning by 24 points. Real classy, guys. :rolleyes:

8. holy king

holy king Deity

the meaning of the game is to score points.
    it's not the vikings fault the cowboys were crap.

you know what's classless? disrespecting the game and supporters by refusing to play on.

9. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Yeah, they could have kicked a field goal. IT WAS FRIGGIN FOURTH DOWN.

10. El Justo

El Justo Deity

11. Azale

Azale Deity

Meh, I don't care if they ran up the score. It doesn't help them next week and they would have looked like colossal morons if someone important had been injured. If Dallas doesn't want them to run it up, they should try and stop them.

I understand why Brooking is mad, his season just came crashing to an end and it feels like someone was being unnecessarily douchy. I personally don't feel offended.

12. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

13. Archbob

Have you been watching the sports analysts last week?

About the last touchdown, your payed to stop plays. You failed, your own fault. If you don't want the score to be higher, do your job. Titans lost 59-0 and didn't say anything.

14. Azale

Azale Deity

Yea, sure, whatever. ESPN bandwagons every team with a 2 game winning streak.

15. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

16. North King

North King blech

Not at all. To a huge number of people out in the stadium, not to mention themselves and the other team, it would have been disrespectful to play anything less than their best. I sure as hell know that I wasn't watching the game for cuddly-wuddly-ness.

Honestly, this feel-good political correctness where teams should only beat other teams by a "fair" margin is being taken a little too far.

17. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Well said. I've always thought that this was a little ridiculous because the point of the game is to score points, if the other team can't stop that, why bother holding back from scoring. I think the whole sportsmanship thing has been taking a little too far in this respect, after all, a loss is a loss and a win is a win no matter what the margin.

18. Archbob

19. jUmpSt0p

jUmpSt0p Prince

yeah, you're right. what is this crap!!?

it's like on American Idol how everyone boos Simon just for speaking the damn truth..

okay, sure, sometimes he can be a huge jerk, but other times, he's just being honest and saying "yo, it kinda sucked", but Ohhhh noooo, you can't do that! you can't tell someone who sucked that they sucked! that's MEAN!

20. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Conference game picks:
    Indianapolis over New York
    New Orleans over Minnesota