NFL Playoffs: This is what it's all about!

Who do you think has the best chance to win the Superbowl

• AFC: y-San Diego Chargers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC: Denver Broncos

• AFC: Buffalo Bills

• AFC: Baltimore Ravens

• AFC: Jacksonville Jaguars

• NFC: y-Seattle Seahawks

• NFC: New Orleans Saints

• NFC: Carolina Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjedge1

Writer of writerly things
I know I'm a week early, but I can't help myself. Tell me what you guys think is going to happen this year in the playoffs. And maybe what might happen before the playoffs, as we still have a week to go.

key to symbols in the poll:
*-Clinched homefield advantage
z-Clinched Division bye
y-Clinched Division Title

Ahem, Superbowl prediction...

San Diego Chargers
vs
Green Bay Packers

*oo's and aa's*

Well, I think San Diego has a shot. And if TO doesn't return before they Eagles face the Packers, Panthers or Falcons then I think you could be very right about that one.

San Diego is more because thier my second favorite team and have my favorite player (LT2) there. Packers I really believe will happen.

Packers? Hah! There is no way, in my opinion, that they can beat teams like Atlanta and Philly with that defense. And both aforementioned teams have good defense(note:not too sure about Atlanta's defense but I know it isn't bad).

The Chargers are one of my favorite teams(I so wanted them to win against the Colts). But I don't think they can win against the Pats or Steelers, two of the best run defense teams. If you discount the first 4 or 5 weeks when the Pats had pretty bad run D, I think they'd be no.1. I think the Steelers and the Colts have a shot at the Pats. The Colts because they always seem to have close games against the Pats, and the Steelers because of Asante Samuel on Hines Ward or Plaxico Burress, total mismatch. The defenses will be dominant in that game, and I think that big plays from the Steelers wideouts could make a huge difference. BTW, is Roethlisberger healthy? I heard he got injured.

My prediction:

New England over Atlanta

BTW, Happy Birthday tjedge.

I see a Pennsylvania showdown--Steelers and Eagles in the Super Bowl. :rockon:

Although it is still a 'what if' season for Carolina :confused: , they are really
hot right now :eek: . Only problem for them would be running into Atlanta,
who they can't seem to beat :crazyeye: . I think the Pat's are gonna be the
team to beat in the AFC, they seem to have the most confidence when playing the Colts
or Steelers :scan: .

I predict Pittsburgh over Atlanta.

hmm...
Who makes it?
Steelers- Struck it lucky this year with Big Ben and the Deuce. Tom Brady and the Pats are good, but we already saw them lose to Pitt, so PItt is better.
Atlanta- I like Philly, but now with TO gone, and Todd Pinkston replacing him, the NFC championship curse lives on for the Eagles. Vick runs the show for the first time, and the Falcons go to the super bowl, again.
who wins? steelers. they just have the better team.

Azale said:
Ahem, Superbowl prediction...

San Diego Chargers
vs
Green Bay Packers

*oo's and aa's*
I'd really like to see the Pack make it past Vick, Duckett, ect. and the Falcons.
Who am I kidding? I hate the Packers!
More or less, San Diego is even more of a suprise. I like San Diego, but the AFC is a tough conference. They're a great team, but havn't had that much competition (AFC west? pfft wot crap)

Jets vs. Falcons are my preferred super bowl teams.

It will be Pittsburgh vs. Falcons.

DBear said:
I see a Pennsylvania showdown--Steelers and Eagles in the Super Bowl. :rockon:

I agree, but would add Steelers over the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh
Philadelphia

LLXerxes said:
Steelers- Struck it lucky this year with Big Ben and the Deuce. Tom Brady and the Pats are good, but we already saw them lose to Pitt, so PItt is better.
They beat a Pats team with Dillon out and a Faulk playing hurt. No running game. That's the only game Dillon missed, and the Steelers weren't quite that dominant the whole game. The Pats were gaining at the end f every other quarter aside form the 21-3 1st quarter. Saying Pitt is better is a bit presumptious. About as much as the Pitt QB a few years ago, saying "The better team did not win" when the Steelers lost to the Pats in the playoffs then. Pats once again get healthier as the playoffs approach and only get more determined. Miami was a fluke. But all in all you are intitled to your own opinion.

Syterion said:
BTW, Happy Birthday tjedge.
Thank you! :bday:

Pittsburgh is the best team in the league. But the best team doesnt always get in. I foresee I gigantic upset. Whether at the hand of the Chargers Im unsure, but the gap between Indy & San Diego vs Pittsburgh & New England is rather small IMO.

And Im counting on Philly choking again. Theyve done it 3 years straight. They had the Bucs number on the field, they were playing in the cold where the Bucs were something like 1-32 and they were in Philly. They got smacked badly. Then last year, they got physically beaten up by Carolina. Once again, at home. Whats to make me think that this year, without TO, thier any different?

I think the Packers and Favre are somewhat overrated, but I just think theyll be able to beat Atlanta. Vick is to inconsistent, and you cant have that in the playoffs. I definately could be wrong, because the Packers defense is terrible at times.

Oh, and happy birthday Tjedge, sorry I didnt notice yesterday :p

tjedge1 said:
Miami was a fluke.
yup. that was sad tho.
Tom Brady, one of the greatest QB's in NE history, thinks he can be Brett Farve and throws a whatever the hell tha twas.
anyways...

Tom Brady IS the best Patriot quarterback ever. Better than Drew, better than....well Im sure theres other competition :lol:

Azale said:
Tom Brady IS the best Patriot quarterback ever. Better than Drew, better than....well Im sure theres other competition :lol:
I said "one of" incase soembidy would disagree
but now that I think about it... they all sukked ( hell the only other Pats QB i know of is Drew Henson)
btw, Tom Brady is extra awesome because he went to Michigan :p :smug:

Drew Henson is on the Dallas Cowboys (also from Michigan btw :p )

Drew Bledsoe's who you meant I think

Top Bottom