NFL Playoffs!!!!

In that if they lose he will take severe heat for making the 'wrong' choice no matter who he picked, that's an absolute certainty.
Because if they lose it is an absolute certainty that he made the wrong call. I mean a what... 5 Million dollar salary isn't enough to expect him to make the right call?;)

FWIW I would go with Manning. What's the point of having a 20 million dollar QB if you're not gonna use him in the playoffs?

I think Nantz by himself might not be so bad - Pat Summerall in his prime would have looked
bad with Simms at his side...

Because if they lose it is an absolute certainty that he made the wrong call. I mean a what... 5 Million dollar salary isn't enough to expect him to make the right call?;)

FWIW I would go with Manning. What's the point of having a 20 million dollar QB if you're not gonna use him in the playoffs?

How bout a gutsy call and use one QB for each half? It'd put a serious dent in Belichick's famed half-time adjustments.

How bout a gutsy call and use one QB for each half? It'd put a serious dent in Belichick's famed half-time adjustments.

Belichick would never expect them to start the untested third QB. Perfect Attacko-style catastrophism. ;)

Belichick would never expect them to start the untested third QB. Perfect Attacko-style catastrophism. ;)

Do not underestimate the power of Darth Hoodie :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:

I think Nantz by himself might not be so bad - Pat Summerall in his prime would have looked
bad with Simms at his side...
Nantz is a smarmy old white guy who openly refuses to do his job - reporting - when it involves sports figures he's friendly with. He's scum. Meanwhile, Eagle is widely regarded as one of the top commentators for both basketball and football. Simms vs. Fouts is at the very least a wash, and probably tilts slightly in favor of Fouts because of just how brain-dead Simms is.

Nantz is a smarmy old white guy who openly refuses to do his job - reporting - when it involves sports figures he's friendly with. He's scum. Meanwhile, Eagle is widely regarded as one of the top commentators for both basketball and football. Simms vs. Fouts is at the very least a wash, and probably tilts slightly in favor of Fouts because of just how brain-dead Simms is.

Fouts has never seen an incomplete pass thrown, he only sees receivers drop balls. Defensive backs in Foutsland commit pass interference just breaking the huddle. You complain about Nantz refusing to report when he is friendly...Fouts is apparently sexually intimate with every quarterback in the game. I'll give you that there is no problem with Eagle, but he can't make up for Fouts.

Fouts has never seen an incomplete pass thrown, he only sees receivers drop balls. Defensive backs in Foutsland commit pass interference just breaking the huddle. You complain about Nantz refusing to report when he is friendly...Fouts is apparently sexually intimate with every quarterback in the game. I'll give you that there is no problem with Eagle, but he can't make up for Fouts.
That sounds like a quotation from the old SNL bit about Fouts rather than an appreciation of where he's at right now. Look: even considering that, he's not good. He's mediocre at best compared to the rest of the NFL color commentariat, and considering his peers that's not a good place to be. But it is almost universally acknowledged by even the most casual NFL observers that Simms is the worst. (For the less-casual, there's things like this.) And if Fouts isn't as bad as Simms, and Eagle isn't even remotely as bad as Nantz, Eagle-Fouts is a better team than Nantz-Simms.

That sounds like a quotation from the old SNL bit about Fouts rather than an appreciation of where he's at right now. Look: even considering that, he's not good. He's mediocre at best compared to the rest of the NFL color commentariat, and considering his peers that's not a good place to be. But it is almost universally acknowledged by even the most casual NFL observers that Simms is the worst. (For the less-casual, there's things like this.) And if Fouts isn't as bad as Simms, and Eagle isn't even remotely as bad as Nantz, Eagle-Fouts is a better team than Nantz-Simms.

I don't really have a problem with Simms. I think if he applied at FOX he'd be out of a job and it astounds me that he is on the number one team at CBS, but I think that says more about CBS than it says about Simms, who I consider ordinary. Not extraordinarily good, certainly, but not extraordinarily bad either.

I hate Phill Simms... Perhaps because he destroyed my Broncos on a Super Bowl once..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it has nothing to do with the NFL playoffs but tickets for the NFL international series 2016 became available for purchase today, and guess who's going to London in October 2016? :D

He will have plans for any and all contingencies. That is how he operates.

One week all road teams. Next week all home teams. Unusual season. Too many road winners already, so I'm taking both home teams. Broncos and Panthers move on tomorrow.

FYI a ;) in a post tends to signify it isn't serious

Oh yeah, I'm not being serious with that.

If the smiley wasn't enough, I figured the reference to the god of Civ4 strategy guides was.

Carolina is the only team I would bet on advancing. Every time I watch one of their games, I feel like Alfred showing Batman the tape of Bane fighting.

What a game...Denver's defense stepped up and dominated all game...Even then, the Pats almost get away with it...A game for the ages, simply amazing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A really great game... Pats blew it by not kicking the easy FGs with 6 mins and 3 mins left... But its easy to armchair QB. Denver's D really had NE's number... lots of crafty blitzes, QB spying to deny passing lanes and tight zones to take away the short pass. It was genius frankly.

And the Pats apparent strategy of taking away the run and forcing Peyton to try to beat them with downfield throws didn't work as Peyton was able to beat them with some great downfield throws.

Also... with all the fuss over Phil Sims (which shocked me TBH) I went and looked it up. You guys are right... Sims is clearly hated as an announcer... So I was listening to him closely today... I just don't get what all the hate is about, he seems fine.

Top Bottom