1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] NFP sale when?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by almughavar, Oct 25, 2020.

1. almughavar

almughavar Political commissar

Alternate title: do you think NFP is overpriced?

It costs as much as Gathering Storm, but GS gives you far more contents.

Btw I wonder if I buy any small NFP pack (the packs which only having 1 or 2 civs, such as Gran Colombiam and Mayan pack, or Ethiopian pack), would I still be able to buy the "full" NFP add-on which having all contents of NFP (and is cheaper compared to buying all NFP's smaller packs ofc)?

2. Starina

Starina Warlord

yes definitely. It remains to buy in other digital stores with a discount and insert the key into steam

of course you can buy, but without a discount)

3. almughavar

Strange, because I can't buy the Premium Civilization 6 (including base game, 2 expansions and 6 DLCs) after I have already owned the vanilla Civ 6 game (I got it for free from Epic Games), I could only buy the Premium Civilization 6 upgrade (including 2 expansions and 6 DLCs). What I meant was if I could still buy the full NFP pack (8 civs and 9 leaders, as well as other stuffs) later if I have already bought any smaller NFP DLCs before, such as Ethiopian pack or Byzantium & Gaul pack for example.

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

For me it's hard to say if the pass is overpriced when we are only halfway through the content and have yet to know the details of what the other half consists of.

I assume you are asking if you would be able to acquire the Persona packs if you already bought some of the content partially. I don't know if it works like that.

5. slavaskii

slavaskii Chieftain

So I hadn't played Civ VI in half a year, but was interested in a few of the civs so I bought them individually. I know in previous versions, these would get 'scaled' into the bundle, so it would no longer cost as much. Nope, NFP price doesn't change no matter how many DLC you have. Bummer, really, and I also didn't get the persona pack with them (as far as I'm aware). I'm still not entirely convinced that buying the packs separately won't ultimately be a wiser move for someone who's simply not interested in half the content, but it's pretty ridiculous that there wasn't even a slight reduction in the pack price after buying both Maya and Gaul packs.

almughavar likes this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Yeah you get the persona packs only if you buy the whole thing.
    That being said I think in the end it will be a good deal for me anyway considering I would have bought all the packs they've already released anyway solely for the getting the civs in the game.

7. Swissy

Swissy Warlord

Buying the complete NFP will probably not get the Steam complete the pack discount until it is completely released. And, you will not get the persona packs until you buy the complete NFP. And if you really think it is overpriced, you can probably get it all for half price or better when Civ 7 is announced.

almughavar likes this.
  8. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

Judging from your profile picture and everything I assume you're Vietnamese like me and just want to buy pack 5, the one which is rumored to contain Vietnam. The thing about pack 5 is that it has two leaders, so it will be priced at 9 USD, so even if you don't want the alt leader (rumored to be Kublai), you can't buy Vietnam separately like the Ethiopia pack or the upcoming Babylon pack. If you buy it right now and later want to get the full NFP, the NFP will not be cheaper just because you own some DLCs already, which is pretty bad. Of course, you can wait for NFP to go on sale, which will be a long time, considering the last update for NFP will be in April, so I don't see it goes on sale anytime before the 2021 Steam summer sale. Even then, the maximum discount cannot be higher than 25%, based on past patterns with RnF and GS.

almughavar likes this.
  9. almughavar

No I'm not Vietnamese, the picture in my pfp is simply the icon of Nationalism technology in Civ 4.
    /jk :lol:

Anyway, thank you very much for informing me. The information in your post is exactly what I need. You guessed it right, I was contemplating between buying the Pack 5 NFP and buying the full NFP, though as least I will wait until the content of that pack is finally revealed/leaked. If Pack 5 is 9$ then I guess I will buy the full NFP DLC, previously I predicted it would only cost as much as Ethiopia pack. But based on how they charge for contents of this game, such as the Viking Scenario that costs as much as other DLCs which containing one playable Civ, I guess it's likely that it would cost as much as NFP packs with 2 Civs. :yuck: