NHL 2009 Playoffs

JJP

Great Player
NHL Playoffs discussion and predictions here.

Playoffs start soon and my favorite team the Flyers have once again chance to bring the cup to Philly. :thumbsup:
I hope they can this time beat the other teams. :D

Boston and New Jersey are probably the toughest teams in the eastern conference.

In the west San Jose looks tough team to beat. Maybe Vancouver could also play in the finals. Who knows? :)

Hearty Congrats are in order for the Columbus Blue Jackets, who have made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.

Looks like they'll be a tough out for Vancoover or Calgary.

Put I'd put either the Wings or the Sharks as the fav

While, looks like the playoff picture is set as Anaheim and St.Louis clinch. Both teams deserve this, especially with how the Blues have been playing when half of their team isn't injured and Anaheim's recent knack for winning in the shootout.

I'm happy that Chicago and Columbus play this year in the playoffs. Congrats. :goodjob:
Also St. Louis is kind of surprise. Didn't expect them in playoffs. :)

It would appear that these are the matchups

See post 25

East is set, but don't be surprised if St.Louis puts up a fight for sixth.

P.S.-Woot! Vancouver Wins Northwest!

The Blackhawks have played great against the Flames this year. I think the Hawks held them to 1 for 20 on the power play and Khabulin has a great history against them too.

Though the Flames have imploded over the last month and a half the Blackhawks haven't been so hot either. I think having home ice could be the difference.

What's with all the hating on the Caps? They have handled Boston this year. The teams I am worried about in the East are the Flyers and Devils, but I feel the Caps could beat both.

St louis better win today, I'd much rather have Vancity play the jackets.

Calgary is the stinker in the west this year, i have been watching them quite closely over the last two weeks in anticipation of the division battle. Their PP has not scored and will not score, Kiprusoff is playing poorly and other than Cammaleri's performance last night, their entire top two lines are severely under performing. Throw on top of all that their injuries and I'd be very excited if i were a Chicago fan.

St louis is the underdog team i am convinced they will beat whoever they play against in the first round.

Here are the matchups:

Eastern
1. Boston Bruins
8. Montréal Canadiens

2. Washington Capitals
7. New York Rangers

3. New Jersey Devils
6. Carolina Hurricanes

4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. Pittsburgh Penguins

Western
1. San Jose Sharks
8. Anaheim Ducks

2. Detroit Red Wings
7. Columbus Blue Jackets

3. Vancouver Canucks
6. Saint Louis Blues

4. Chicago Blackhawks
5. Calgary Flames

St.Louis jumps to sixth! Columbus, Detroit and Vancouver, St.Louis will probably be the best series in the west. Calgary, Chicago could be good too if Calgary starts playing like they did back when they were leading the northwest by 20 points but that's highly unlikely.

Saint Louis does win the tie-breaker with Columbus, right? Their points and records are identical, so is the next tie breaker the season record between each team, or the total number of goals scored?

detestable news! I was afraid of only team coming into the play-offs and it was St Louis.
Hopefully the first game isn't until Thursday, i have playoff tickets through to the finals and an exam on Wednesday.

Go Canucks Go!

Saint Louis does win the tie-breaker with Columbus, right? Their points and records are identical, so is the next tie breaker the season record between each team, or the total number of goals scored?

It's the season record between teams.

Ok, here's my prediction for the first round:

(8) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins
Bruins in 4

(7) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals
Capitals in 6

(6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (3) New Jersey Devils
Hurricanes in 6

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Penguins in 5

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Anaheim Ducks vs. (1) San Jose Sharks
Ducks in 6

(7) Columbus Blue Jackets vs. (2) Detroit Red Wings
Red Wings in 7

(6) St. Louis Blues vs. (3) Vancouver Canucks
Canucks 4

(5) Calgary Flames vs. (4) Chicago Blackhawks
Blackhawks in 7

My first round predictions:

East

Boston in 7
New York in 7
New Jersey in 6
Philly in 6 :thumbsup:

West

San Jose in 6
Detroit in 6
Vancouver in 5
Calgary in 7

I sure hope Flyers can beat Penguins despite that they lost home ice advantage. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom