NHL 2010 Playoffs

Wasn't it Brian Boucher?!

I was refering to Martin Biron, who went into miracle mode two years ago when the sixth-seeded Flyers ran into the first-seeded Habs in the second round, and pretty much stopped dead cold the Habs attack.

Though not THIS dead cold. Three shut-out in four games? Urgh. (Though agreed that this time it's mostly their defense being insane. Ugly, boring playstyle, but it works)

Why is it the Bay Area teams can never deliver in the clutch? Sharks, Giants, Warriors, hell, even the 9ers, A's, and Raiders these days. It's so painful to watch them sometimes.

After the last two years in Hockey, and 2002 and 03 in Baseball, I'm starting to feel like I'll never see my sports teams win a national championship.

Congrats to Chicago. At least should the Flyers win I'll have a team to root for in the final!

Going to the Finals!

Now, lets just hope there is somehow an Original 6 Final.

Montreal needs to win 3 in a row - they've done it before and hopefully they'll do it again. I want to see an Original 6 Final as well!

Hossa's third final in the third different team as well, but he's doing it in three consecutive years. Let's see if he does better this year. The pressure must be pretty heavy for him.

I'm looking forward to the Phi - Chi match-up. It does sound more exciting than playing Montreal at the moment.

I think Hossa is doing what it takes to win. He's skating hard on both ends, killing penalties, stick control and he attracts attention when he's on the ice.

When he and Kane have the puck on their stick it seems like other teams see a force field around them and back off just a little bit.

I think his line will come up big in the next series since I can't see either remaining team having an answer for the depth we have on all four lines.

If the Montreal don't make it (which seems quite likely at the moment), I'll sure be rooting for Chicago. How come has that franchise been around for so long and won so little anyway?
Why?
$ Bill Wirtz died and his son took over. Rocky gave free rein to his management team and they've executed on every front.

Huge culture change for the whole organization with John McDonough in charge.

Dale Tallon would be here if not for his FedEx snafu. Stan Bowman's has a big job on his hands to fill his shoes.

i love it how there are such flyers haters out there :)

any traction to the story that montreal put a foreign and sandy/granular substance on the floor leading from the flyers' locker room to the ice? total bush league if it's true...

i love it how there are such flyers haters out there :)

any traction to the story that montreal put a foreign and sandy/granular substance on the floor leading from the flyers' locker room to the ice? total bush league if it's true...
I have no hate for you, brother, but I have a feeling I will.:p

:lol: not yet, bro :) reading the articles about the last blackhawk team to make it to the finals reminded me of the old school EA Hockey games...larmer, roenick, chelios, steve smith, belfour :D the good 'ole days!

to be more clear, there's rumors going around (and articles written) the Delaware Valley that montreal employees put some type of granular substance on the walkway out to the flyers' bench on sat. this is in turn resulted in numerous skate sharpening trips in the middle of action (way, way more than usual; one player had to make 5 trips to the trainer's room for sharpenings). i understand how passionate habs fans are and all that and i commend them for that passion. but if this is true, trying to sabotage the flyer's like that, it is just crap. you're messing w/ guys' health here.

Yeah, if true the people responsible should be found and prosecuted.

That said, so far it appears to be a rumor. And from what I hear the Philadelphia big guns (Briere and co) are saying there's nothing to it, though that's what Montreal media says they are saying.

It's looking bad for Montreal at this point. 3-1 Flyers in the second period... :(

And so it ends.

Congrats to the flyers, but go Chicago!

Top Bottom