1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2010 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Evie, Apr 11, 2010.

1. pboily

pboily fingerlickinmathematickin

what the heck, Hawks in a sweep.

2. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Halak has received more shots than any other goalie in the playoffs with over 500

3. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

Yup, most disappointing end to a season, ever (With the exception of last season). Well, I'm done with Hockey for awhile now. I'll see you guys later, probably won't be posting in this thread anymore.

4. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

I watched the BlackHawk's winning game live \o/

(This one started at a reasonable time, most of them start at 1 am here till 4 am)

Cripes that's a lot of commercials. My auntie Bay from America sometimes tapes the show and sends them to me with the commercials cut out. Game without overtime takes about 1 hour 30 minutes. This one took 3 hours. 50% of the time put in commercials.

I envy you guys for having access to all that hockey, but pity you for the amount of fecal television matter you have to wade through to get it.

5. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

I'm torn between a dislike of Philly and a dislike of Chicago...

6. pboily

I say this as a fan of the San Jose Sharks East: spring is too nice a time to waste on hockey.

7. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I know, I don't understand how people actually put up with it. I don't watch TV, that's it. Very rarely there's something I want to watch, but even then I try to watch the online versions, or I usually sit at my computer and just do my own thing during commercials. Why do they bother putting so many commercials if the result is that I walk away or look at something else. I even mute the TV because they're loud as hell.

8. pboily

Doesn't RDS run the condensed games on the next day, usually?

Re: ads. Going to games isn't any better. I just want to watch a game in peace without being encouraged to cheer or buy something...

9. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I predict Hawks in 7.

By the way Whomp, Jane will be cheering for the hawks as well :)

10. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Well.. if you're not into participating as a fan, why would you wanna go to a live game? :)

11. Adria

Adria Prince

I use my PVR to eliminate commercials. Even if I'm home at the start time, I'll often start watching a recorded game 30-60 minutes after puck drop, and usually catch up to live play sometime in the third period (depends on whether or not I watch the intermission show).

If I have a fully recorded game, I can get through it in just over an hour if I fast-forward through all the stoppages. If it's a game I'm not interested in following closely, I'll have it on while doing some other stuff and tune in when something sounds interesting; I can always rewind a bit if I have to.

12. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

I just realized that my liver may blow up if this series goes 7. Sox-Cubs series starts and USA-England is the next day. I've got issues.

13. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

Better start prepping Whomper ;) .

14. pboily

You see a whole lot more watching in person than you would on tv. And while I'm not anywhere near as good as these guys are, I've actually picked up a few plays for my beer league teams while attending live events.

Also, ice girls.

15. Adria

Adria Prince

I find I see/catch more when watching a game on TV than in person.

I go to games for the atmosphere and the experience. If I wanted to learn anything from these guys, I'd sit in front of my TV & PVR with a notepad.

Don't plan on going to games in Montreal then...

Spoiler :
    When I was there, the ice crew was all middle-aged guys.

16. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Chicago over Philadelphia in 5

17. Bridog7

Bridog7 Little Monster

same. but if philly wins then it will be the weirdest playoffs ever that knowone could predict.

Montreal beats washington
    Boston chokes up 3-0
    Montreal beats pittsburgh
    San Jose sweeps detroit, Chicago sweeps sanjose (Chicago didn't blow them out but i was shocked it went 4-0)
    Philly beats NJ (I didn't find it a big upset. Philly has better players and boucher played good in the 1st round)

18. WhiteEagle22

WhiteEagle22 Avatar of Justice

Here's an odd fact:

The last 3 teams to have Chris Pronger as a member all went to the finals (Oilers[2001], Sharks[2002], and now Flyers), and he's won it once as a team (with the Sharks his first year there in 2002). Pronger has been a big factor in deciding games for the Flyers, especially against Montreal lately. The one game he played poorly, the Flyers lost. All the other games when he was playing his best, the Flyers won.

Makes a guy just how aware how much one guy can affect the game without having to be the goalie.

19. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Sharks? In the Finals? What kind of wacky fantasy world do you live in? :p

That was the Ducks. In 2007. And Oilers were 2006, not 2001.

20. WhiteEagle22

WhiteEagle22 Avatar of Justice

So my memory slipped... my memory isn't perfect, unless I should become a cyborg.