NHL 2010 Playoffs

The first period was complete insanity...then the grind began. Sopel throwing his body into pucks and Seabs with a welt on his ankle the size of a coconut.

I'm exhausted already and now we get the newly appointed most hated Nuks...and its only a quarter of the way through.

The greatest tournament ever!

PS Adria--good luck with tickets! Now I really hate you! :D

Well I'm getting a pair of game 4 tickets of craigslist; I decided to not try my luck with TicketMaster. This was the one round my IcePak package (single seat ticket for one game per round) wasn't good for - the round 2 ticket is for home game #4.

What's the ticket availability and pricing like in Chicago?

edit: I just checked out TM when tickets went on sale - turns out I saved $50 by buying my pair of tickets from a season ticket holder (STH's pay significantly less for playoff tickets).
edit2: apparently I can't do math today

And I'm looking forward to the Habs game too - Habs have all the momentum right now, and the Caps need to figure out how the heck to beat Halak. Game 7 should be a fun one.

Most people go through this site in Chicago.
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/tickets.aspx?evtid=1315377
The range is from $54 standing room to $778 on the ice.

Where I sit is section 226 row 1 and the price is $226. Most of the people in this section will only sell to people they've either met or met online and positively blog the Hawks! Too many Scum fans have somehow been able to get tix so Hawks fans are very wary of who they sell to.

Go Habs!!! Tonight's a Cubs game while I'm taking a hockey break and, really, baseball break. Cubs don't count as a baseball team.

In non-playoff news, the NHLPA is reportedly planning on renaming the Lester B. Pearson Award, given to the most outstanding player as voted by members of the NHLPA, the Ted Lindsay Award.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319706

Most people go through this site in Chicago.
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/tickets.aspx?evtid=1315377
The range is from $54 standing room to $778 on the ice.

Where I sit is section 226 row 1 and the price is $226. Most of the people in this section will only sell to people they've either met or met online and positively blog the Hawks! Too many Scum fans have somehow been able to get tix so Hawks fans are very wary of who they sell to.
That's not too bad at all, especially for a ticket re-sell site. I'm jealous that you have tickets for under $100 (and that's probably after a seller mark-up too). First round tickets started at $120 for single game tickets on TicketMaster, the Canucks' official ticket selling site, and second round started at $155 (here are the tickets still available for game 4: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1100448E3C22DC8C?artistid=806037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9).

STH's get such a huge discount that they can undercut TM prices and still make a profit scalping the tickets. For example, my IcePak package ticket (sec 122) in the first round cost me $154; the same section on TM cost $257. For this round, my ticket would have been $179; same section is going for $300 on TM. And with prices like that, and only about 1000 tickets available on TM per game, there's a big market for scalpers. And really, given the price mark-up, TM is essentially a sanctioned scalper so I don't feel so bad buying off craigslist.

/ticket rant

Looks like the series start has been pushed back to Saturday. While I want more Canucks hockey sooner, it works out better for my bf getting the days off work for game 4.

And in the meantime, I'll be watching the clock at work today - I want to see the Habs-Caps game 7!

Yeah, tonight's game is huge. I have a day full of sports lined up today... All I need is beer and wings!

1. Barcelona vs Inter Milan, champion's league semi-final 2nd leg
2. Montreal vs Washington, game 7
3. Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact, canadian championship game 1

Oh my do I love this game. What a finish! Congrats to all you Canadian fans! That was awesome.

Wow. Montreal just made the impossible possible.

Holy crap!

I just got extra points for betting that Montreal would win the series in 7 games. Word up to me! Also, word up to Halak, who has been INCREDIBLE the last couple games.

So.. What is going on in Montreal right now anyway? Are people rioting? Are there any large fires?

Holy crap!

I just got extra points for betting that Montreal would win the series in 7 games. Word up to me! Also, word up to Halak, who has been INCREDIBLE the last couple games.

So.. What is going on in Montreal right now anyway? Are people rioting? Are there any large fires?

I don't know, I'm in the suburbs, not in Montreal proper. :p

Anyhow

FIRST ROUND RESULTS

(8) MONTREAL 4 - (1) Washington 3
(7) PHILADELPHIA 4 - (2) New Jersey 1
(6) BOSTON 4 - (3) Buffalo 2
(5) Ottawa 2 - (4) PITTSBURGH 4

--------------------

(8) Colorado 2 - (1) SAN JOSE 4
(7) Nashville 2 - (2) CHICAGO 4
(6) Los Angeles 2 - (3) VANCOUVER 4
(5) DETROIT 4 - (4) - Phoenix 3

Also, just figured I would quote this for posterity :

Well I think the top four seeds in the east are clearly superior over the bottom four. :p

:p indeed

Round 2 start tomorrow so better post our prediction soon.

Here's mine:

Montréal in 6
Boston in 7
San Jose in 6
Vancouver in 6

I'm not sure what to call on MTL/PITT. Guts say one thing, brain says another.

Hmmm...going guts this time.

Montreal in 6
Boston in 7
Detroit in 5
Vancouver in 6

Montreal v. Pittsburgh in 6
Philly v. Boston in 5
Vancouver v. Chicago in 7
Detroit Scum in 7 v. San Jose

Also, I just noticed how the southeast division (where the Capitals are) really sucks.

Washington Capitals
Atlanta Thrashers
Florida Panthers
Carolina Hurricanes
Tampa Bay Lightning

Or at least, it sucked quite bad in the last couple of years. The caps won the President's Trophy sure, but hidden behind the numbers is the fact that they got a 19-3-4 record in their 26 intra-division games... Because you do play more games against teams from your own division.

It's interesting, I earlier said (not sure if it was here) that the series would either be Montreal in 7 or Washington in 5. I'm very happy to have had my gut feeling for Washington disproved and my heart feeling for Montreal confirmed.

Top Bottom