NHL 2010 Playoffs

^ 5-1, not 5-0, but it was still a pretty good beating. Niemi and the rest of the 'Hawks did not look prepared to play.

^ 5-1, not 5-0, but it was still a pretty good beating. Niemi and the rest of the 'Hawks did not look prepared to play.

They did not look ready but to be honest this is becoming a on-off trend that's really disappointing. Kane, Toews and Sharp have been what you'd expect from these guys at 10 goals and 14 assists. The next 6 scorers have 2 goals and 9 assists. Hossa took no shots last night. Zero. Keith, Brouwer, Bolland, Byfuglien and Versteeg are a combined -17. I'm not sure Niemi is the problem. You can't allow 4 and 5 shots at a time. Worse, is breaking the Cardinal rule of giving up a goal in the last minute or to begin a period. They did both..

Your guys outplayed us up and down. I can only hope the other 6 can step tomorrow.

Wow. San Jose just went down a notch in my book. Take your skirts off - this is hockey, not soccer. Stop flopping on the ground every time you're touched.

I know hope San Jose finds no success in the next 10 years. Phoenix was a well played series. This is just ridiculous.

Did you see Detroit's epic take down of Big Pavelski?

I thought the game was well played, even though I missed the first 2 periods :lol:

They did not look ready but to be honest this is becoming a on-off trend that's really disappointing. Kane, Toews and Sharp have been what you'd expect from these guys at 10 goals and 14 assists. The next 6 scorers have 2 goals and 9 assists. Hossa took no shots last night. Zero. Keith, Brouwer, Bolland, Byfuglien and Versteeg are a combined -17. I'm not sure Niemi is the problem. You can't allow 4 and 5 shots at a time. Worse, is breaking the Cardinal rule of giving up a goal in the last minute or to begin a period. They did both..

Your guys outplayed us up and down. I can only hope the other 6 can step tomorrow.
Kane flat-out said he expected this to be an easy series. Stanley Cup lesson #1: NEVER underestimate your opponent.

I'm expecting tonight's game to be a lot closer, but hoping it goes much like Saturday's game.

I missed the habs game cause I don't usually watch the playoffs, and I wasn't ready for the early puck-off. Motherpuckers! Who's idea was it to start so early on a Sunday? I had my beers ready and crap, and, no game :(
I think NBC has a Sunday afternoon game every week, like Saturday nights on HNIC. I missed the Bruins-Flyers match-up on Saturday because it was on at 9:30 am PST; usually early games still aren't any earlier than 11 or 12 out here.

Kane flat-out said he expected this to be an easy series. Stanley Cup lesson #1: NEVER underestimate your opponent.

I'm expecting tonight's game to be a lot closer, but hoping it goes much like Saturday's game.
That goes for any sport but you're taking his comments completely out of context as he's comparing the Canucks style to the Predators style. "Flat out" is bulletin board material and this is not bulletin board material.

"Sometimes when you have a long layoff it hurts," said Kane. "But they had the same thing, though, so there's no excuse for it. Maybe we came in thinking it was going to be an easy series which obviously it's not."..."Especially playing a run-and-gun team, maybe we thought it was going to be different."

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks!
Good game, it was looking like it was going to be really ugly again after the Hawks being down by 2 in the first period.

Very nice effort after that brutal start!

I really liked seeing Buff with Kane and Toews. Q finally figured out Eager and Burish give this team energy and Brouwer never saw daylight after the first 10 minutes. I'm thinking Hendry will be back for Brouwer so Buff can annoy Luongo in front of the net.

I want to see more of that from the Blackhawks. :yeah:

Honestly, I want to see a Sharks vs. Penguins final myself.

As of the Canadians vs. Penguins, the team that lost their best defenseman is gonna lose to the team that lost their third-line forward.

:devil:Hail (Miroslav) Satan!:devil:

Honestly, I want to see a Sharks vs. Penguins final myself.

As of the Canadians vs. Penguins, the team that lost their best defenseman is gonna lose to the team that lost their third-line forward.

Ahem. First it's the Canadiens, even in English :p. There's only one team whose name actually change depending on language, and they play about two hundred miles west of Montreal.

Second, while that's probably true, it probably isn't nearly as true as it once was - we're not talking about a team that has exactly one d-man able to lead teh transition from defense to offense anymore, so it's not as much of a given as it used to be anymore. Particularly not with Subban in the picture.

According to my friend, who claims to be a tactical mastermind, the loss of Markov will not make a difference in the end, for reasons that I did not understand. It has something to do with the way Montreal have been playing in the playoffs. Maybe he was just high.

I can believe it. The key in the playoffs has been tight defensive play, which was not Markov's specialty - Markov was the expert at getting the offense going again, but when it comes to blocking shots, protecting the net, and preventing the other side's offense from getting good shots (and forcing them to take lots of bad ones instead in the hope of getting one through Halak), it's Gorges and Gill who have been making the big plays. Plus our offensive line-up, which has a number of very defensively responsible guys (both Gomez and Plekanec, for a start).

And as I said, on the offense, between Spacek, Bergeron and Subban (did I mention that the kid is good? , the Habs might just be able to pull through.

Top Bottom