NHL 2011 Playoffs

Only 6 hours left to get your picks in!

The tragedy is that I have a final at 7pm tonight ie. right at puckdrop. I'll miss the entire game. Playoff hockey won't start for me until Friday.

East
Washington vs NY Rangers in 6
Philadelphia vs Buffalo in 7
Boston vs Montreal in 5
Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay in 7

West
Vancouver vs Chicago in 6
San Jose vs Los Angeles in 4
Detroit vs Phoenix in 5
Anaheim vs Nashville in 7

Cup: Vancouver over Boston in 7

We just did the draws this morning for our work playoff lottery/pool/thing. 16 people, everyone got a random team, and prizes are given for each round won (SC winner gets a total of $100 for winning 4 rounds). I got the Caps, so I could certainly have drawn worse. I'm just glad it wasn't Chicago. :p

The tragedy is that I have a final at 7pm tonight ie. right at puckdrop. I'll miss the entire game. Playoff hockey won't start for me until Friday.
Ouch that sucks. Can you at least PVR the game to watch it after your exam?

My picks:

East:
Washington in 4
Philadelphia in 7
Montréal in 6
Tampa Bay in 5

West:
Vancouver in 6
Phoenix in 7
San Jose in 5
Nashville in 6

Stanley Cup final: Vancouver over Washington

My picks:

East:
Washington in 6
Buffalo in 7
Boston in 6*
Tampa Bay in 5

West:
Vancouver in 6
San Jose in 5
Phoenix in 7
Nashville in 7

*Betting against the Habs worked last year, it's when I started betting for them that things went sour :p

But now that you're betting against them, surely that just means they will end up winning :p

Who predicted Chicago last year & even Pittsburgh in '09 *before* any series started?

Umm, okay. Good for you. I also predicted Chicago last year and Pittsburgh the year before. Don't see your point.

a) You mean could have worked a lot different!

:D

...wat? This pool works way better than yours. Yours is inherently flawed. It inhibits participation by limiting the number of participants and after the first few people have posted theres no point as all that is left is the weakest teams.

After some reflexion, I've change my mind and favor Nashville over Anaheim, I've edited my post.

Btw, alot of people forgot to predict the Stanley Cup matchup.

After some reflexion, I've change my mind and favor Nashville over Anaheim, I've edited my post.

Btw, alot of people forgot to predict the Stanley Cup matchup.

Specifically pboily, Adria, and Oda Nobunaga

First round has started. Please double check to make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

...wat? This pool works way better than yours. Yours is inherently flawed. It inhibits participation by limiting the number of participants and after the first few people have posted theres no point as all that is left is the weakest teams.
How so?
The only criterion *was* the Stanley Cup Winner & against which team... not the path.

Btw, Vancouver was underlined in my choice for a reason.

How so?
The only criterion *was* the Stanley Cup Winner & against which team... not the path.

Btw, Vancouver was underlined in my choice for a reason.

Because only one person can choose a team. If someone picks the team I had wanted to pick already, then I am forced to pick someone I don't think will win, which is rather silly.

And I fixed that.

Looks like it's on. Buckle up everyone. LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

Because only one person can choose a team. If someone picks the team I had wanted to pick already, then I am forced to pick someone I don't think will win, which is rather silly.

And I fixed that.

Silly? With multiple winners?
There's knowledge of the sport, there's luck and then there's a list of threads which anyone could click or not.

What you don't know is that *MY* solution involves more than just guessing but a system of points for accuracy beyond choices. 3xRounds for 8 or 16 people; progressive elimination included.
But why should i bother explaining it to the missing minimal 5 or 13 (only) more necessary overthere... i'm much too silly for that, IYO.

There's no optimal system, AFAIC. Only a club of friendly members that enjoy Hockey, one of which is still yours.

Guess what opportunity was lost by the three of us.

Moderator Action: Chill.

What you don't know is that *MY* solution involves more than just guessing but a system of points for accuracy beyond choices. 3xRounds for 8 or 16 people; progressive elimination included.
But why should i bother explaining it to the missing minimal 5 or 13 (only) more necessary overthere... i'm much too silly for that, IYO.

Well maybe that is part of the problem. You never bothered explaining anything beyond pick two teams. Maybe if people actually knew the rules they would be more likely to join. If you don't explain the rules, why should people join?

Top Bottom