NHL 2012 Playoffs

Anybody remember the days where the only 2 people who weren't fighting were the goalies? That they would pass the puck back and forth until it ended?

Anybody remember the days where the only 2 people who weren't fighting were the goalies?

I remember when I was a kid, an all out brawl between the Leafs and Flyers broke out and even the goalies (Potvin and Hextall) skated out to centre ice and started kicking each other's asses... my good Christian mother was horrified :lol:

A home game with their backs against the wall... yeah, I think your guys will dig deep and step up their game. Should be a good fight tonight. Tempers are flaring, too, which is great for fans of all stripes. :cool:

So much for that idea. This is not the same team that beat down the Pens. At least most of the match-ups in this round were sweeps, but it just did not look like the same team out there the past few games. What the **** happened, Flyers?

Also, none of my picks were even close. Ouch!

Still, I'd like to see LA v. NJ in the finals. Quick v. Brodeur could be fun to watch.

Phoenix "operations" are being sold (170M$) by NHL to a group of investors?
Glendale citizens hand over 20M$ per year to that team in municipal taxes unpaid.
Average attendance during the season overthere - 12500! Packed for the playoffs, though.

Bettman would do ANYTHING to prevent a 31st franchise (instead of tricking Winnipeg into purchasing the Trashers from Atlanta, for example) in Québec city.

This league is probably going on strike anyway. 4 divisions, Tampa & Florida in North-East??

Strangely there could be only three winning choices in our pool; 2-LA & 1-NJ! Unless Washington eliminates NYR -- i'd say nobody here saw these results comin'... again.

There are still some teams available for Quebec City. It might just be Phoenix in 2-3 years from now (now that the league itself wouldn't be the owner anymore, the "odious decision to move away from sunbelt" won't rest on the league itself when they do get sold at some point...). It could also be the ridiculous New York Islanders or Columbus Blue Jacket, or the league-welfare New Jersey Devils.

Phoenix "operations" are being sold (170M$) by NHL to a group of investors?
Glendale citizens hand over 20M$ per year to that team in municipal taxes unpaid.
Average attendance during the season overthere - 12500! Packed for the playoffs, though.

Bettman would do ANYTHING to prevent a 31st franchise (instead of tricking Winnipeg into purchasing the Trashers from Atlanta, for example) in Québec city.

This league is probably going on strike anyway. 4 divisions, Tampa & Florida in North-East??

Strangely there could be only three winning choices in our pool; 2-LA & 1-NJ! Unless Washington eliminates NYR -- i'd say nobody here saw these results comin'... again.

Phoenix is a front-runner town. The Arizona Cardinals never had more than a half full stadium, until they built their new one. Since? Six years of sellouts.

The NHL is too large. Bettman should not want a 31st franchise. There are too many that are hemorrhaging money as it is.

Why would it go on strike? It barely survived the last work stoppage. And the players (those that would go on strike) lost to the owners last time. There is no way that they are stupid enough to do so again.

Round 3
East
(1)NY Rangers vs (6)New Jersey

West
(3)Phoenix vs (8)Los Angeles

:gripe: Still think my choices should have been accepted, I'd have gotten points for predicting New York and Los Angeles and be leading with 18.

Los Angeles over Phoenix in 5.

New York over New Jersey in 6.

Let's hope that few forget that next game is tomorrow and post before!

LA in 6

NYR in 6

East
(1)NY Rangers 3 vs (6)New Jersey 4

West
(3)Phoenix 1 vs (8)Los Angeles 4

Hope I'm not too late.

East
NY Rangers vs New Jersey (NY in 7)

West
Phoenix vs Los Angeles (PHX in 5)

Puck has dropped in Phoenix, that series is now closed.

Top Bottom