NHL 2012 Playoffs

That was a most excellent first night; Kings over VAN was a nice surprise when I woke up this morning. I almost always enjoy underdog wins.

Same, except replace the last line with "I always enjoy Vancouver losses".

All of this Crosbymania that's going around is, in fact, making me regret putting Pittsburgh in second place. I'm just tired of hearing how good and fast and dreamy he is. Some people I know in real life (Mostly those who only follow the sport very casually) think that he's better than Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky! He's not even Lemiux level! Crosby's a great player, but people need to stop giving him the Tebow treatment.

I should had went with my gut instinct and picked Boston. I just didn't think they could pull it off again, but at least they're not being over hyped, and have something to show for the claim to fame.

Dear lord what a game. I forgot how stressful Sharks playoffs are. It's like Giants torture on steroids! :lol:. Good to see the playoff experience is shining through.

All of this Crosbymania that's going around is, in fact, making me regret putting Pittsburgh in second place. I'm just tired of hearing how good and fast and dreamy he is. Some people I know in real life (Mostly those who only follow the sport very casually) think that he's better than Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky! He's not even Lemiux level! Crosby's a great player, but people need to stop giving him the Tebow treatment.

There is a reason why he is the best player in the NHL [edit: AT THIS TIME] (hint: It's not hype).

you have no sense of humor i take it? :rolleyes:

I do, it's just that most fans in the NHL rag hard on Crosby just because he's a good player or, because he's been plagued by a concussion, call him a little girl because it took him so long to get back into the motion of things.

I'm looking at you Milbury.

we don't rag on him just because he's a good player. that's preposterous. we rag on him b/c he is a whining weasel who tries to dish it but wails like a bee-yotch when someone comes back at him. add in the fact that he plays for a hated rival and voila. milbury and tortarella were absolutely right :p and you know what? imagine what is said about crosby in opposing locker rooms. crosby simply doesn't engender the same respect that guys like gretzky and lemiuex did. of course, this is only my opinion and everybody's entitled to their own etc :) perhaps you could agree on that?

I would hazard a guess that Lidstrom is the most respected current player.

we don't rag on him just because he's a good player. that's preposterous. we rag on him b/c he is a whining weasel who tries to dish it but wails like a bee-yotch when someone comes back at him. add in the fact that he plays for a hated rival and voila. milbury and tortarella were absolutely right :p and you know what? imagine what is said about crosby in opposing locker rooms. crosby simply doesn't engender the same respect that guys like gretzky and lemiuex did. of course, this is only my opinion and everybody's entitled to their own etc :) perhaps you could agree on that?

Oh yeah, sure. Everyone can think what they want. :)

I am willing to admit that Crosby isn't a strapping respectable player, but he is no where on the level of, say, Zac Rinaldo or Marchand. I have a feeling Crosby developed that little cheap whiny side to him because of the initial hype placed upon him and also the initial hate. He probably assumed every hit against him was because said player hated him.

He's gotten better at that though. Not by much, but better. Sure wouldn't mind him being on the Leafs. :p

I think the only reason I dislike the Pens is that our friend's ex-husband is a fan of theirs. We ended up with a little rivalry just out of spite, and since I really hate him now, I ended up disliking the team itself. I really have no opinion of Crosby one way or another.

I didn't get to watch game one due to exams and a term paper, but I've got time to watch game two of the Canucks-Kings series. Time to even it up before the road trip begins!

So, subi - any updates on your "Spreadsheet" participants?

Brière was clearly outside at the Blue line for his first goal! There's bound to be some controversial calls 'til the end of these playoffs, as usual.

How many penalties in the Canucks/Kings game you may ask? Powerplays - do the math.

oh well. Home ices are always noisy.

Oh yeah, sure. Everyone can think what they want. :)

I am willing to admit that Crosby isn't a strapping respectable player, but he is no where on the level of, say, Zac Rinaldo or Marchand. I have a feeling Crosby developed that little cheap whiny side to him because of the initial hype placed upon him and also the initial hate. He probably assumed every hit against him was because said player hated him.

He's gotten better at that though. Not by much, but better. Sure wouldn't mind him being on the Leafs. :p

Jeff Skinner seems to be having some of the same problems :scan: .

Sid is the anti-callahan. Far and away a better offensive player but Cally was third in blocked shots among forwards and 5th in hits overall.

Philly-Pens
Wings-Preds on national television plus knicks game. So much channel changing tonight

Top Bottom