NHL Offseason 2013

seancolorado

Deity
The basketball and football have offseason threads, so I figured we needed one for hockey.

The first topic at hand is the obvious up-and-coming NHL Draft! June 30th at around 12:30 or 1:00pm, I believe.

1. Colorado
2. Florida
3. Tampa Bay

And as an Avs fan, I couldn't be more excited. (Hope it's Mackinnon, although wouldn't be opposed to Drouin or even Barkov)

(Shameless self promotion of blog: http://www.milehighhockey.com/)

Oh yeah, and one more time congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks! The best team in hockey! :)

Canes are 4th... maybe we can get 3 defensemen with that pick :rolleyes: .

To New Jersey

G Cory Schneider

To Vancouver

9th overall pick

Montreal getting Fucale is huge, wondering if he can make a bigger impact than Price or Budaj.

That's an... interesting trade by Vancouver. Not sure I approve of canning Schneider, but I do like to see that there's still a focus on drafting new talent. Now let's stop trading away all of our new players!

The Leafs just got Bolland. That means we're going to win the Cup next year, right?

Montreal getting Fucale is huge, wondering if he can make a bigger impact than Price or Budaj.

It's more in the nature of a long-term thing, I think. Fucale won't be makign an impact soon, but he'll start showing up as a possible backup to Price (or whoever we get to replace Price if such should happen, though I hope not) in three-four years. By that time Price will be past thirty, and by the time Fucale is ready to assume #1 goalie duty (24-26 years old, ie 6-8 years from now), Price will be nearly 35, so probably at the point of becoming a backup.

I watched the first 7 or so picks... :sleep:

It was raining all day at my house. Nap city! :cool:

Glendale city council voted to approve the lease agreement with the Coyote's new owners. I watched some of the proceedings on a stream off the TSN site, and it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The council had no idea how to even properly run a council meeting, and where told quite plainly multiple times how this was a terrible idea, yet it still passed a vote 4-3. They even agreed to drop their own out clause and basically give the NHL everything they wanted.

I look forward to this saga dragging on for the next 5 years when the out clause for the owners comes into effect.

Alexander Ovechkin: He played so well this season he got voted onto the All-NHL team in 2 positions at once.

Why do I get the feeling the Leafs are going to end up like the Flyers with their completely nonsensical roster decisions?

Mikhail Grabovski bought out and placed on waivers.

Sigh.

To Dallas

RW Tyler Seguin
C Rich Peverley
D Ryan Button

To Boston

LW Loui Eriksson
D Joe Morrow
RW Reilly Smith
LW Matt Fraser

So liek Montreal signed Daniel Brière.

Whiskey tango foxtrot just a little.