NiaoMeow's Civs

NiaoMeow

Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?
Hey! I'm learning how to code and failing at art, but I am (slowly) making progress.

People of the New World:
Civilizations of North America

New France

The Hopi

The Comanche

New York City

Chichimeca Confederacy

Lords of the Steppes and the Waves:
Civilizations of Asia

Modern Taiwan

Taiwan

Malacca

Yuan

Goryeo

Modern Mongolia

Tu'i Tonga

The Crescent and the Cross:
Civilizations of Europe and the Middle East

The Seljuks

The Bedouins

Islamic Empire (Omar)

more to come...

ANY help would be greatly greatly appreciated! Also, if you guys have any civs you want me to make, I will consider them!

Some opinions on the design: the used horse combat bonus should be increased. People usually don't have that many mounted units to make it very useful. Also I'm not sure how the Moonlight Raider works. Is it for every civilian captured in the game, or just by that unit? Can't you steal a foreign worker, let it be captured and then keep recapturing it to increase the bonus? And in any case, 10% seems too strong. By the way, I assume one of them will use Comanche Rider art?
As for the icon, this is their flag. I think that horseman would work well as an icon. Just need to choose the colors.

Some opinions on the design: the used horse combat bonus should be increased. People usually don't have that many mounted units to make it very useful. Also I'm not sure how the Moonlight Raider works. Is it for every civilian captured in the game, or just by that unit? Can't you steal a foreign worker, let it be captured and then keep recapturing it to increase the bonus? And in any case, 10% seems too strong. By the way, I assume one of them will use Comanche Rider art?
As for the icon, this is their flag. I think that horseman would work well as an icon. Just need to choose the colors.

1: I think I will change the UA to be +5%, but I do not want to have to put a cap on it.

2: I really want the Comanche to be focused on everything horse. To some extent, I want the design to force people to use cavalry. The problem is that I do not know how to code it in such a way that the horses need to be used (rather; they would just have to be connected to your trade network).

3: The Moonlight Raider is getting a re-design for ease of codding:

UU: Moonlight Raider (Cavalry)
Is weaker (30 :c5strength: vs. 34 :c5strength:), but has +1 :c5moves: movement point. Gains triple :c5gold: from pillaging tiles. Is avalible at Metallurgy rather than Military Science.

4: It will use the Comanche raider art.

5: I looked at the flag before, and I really like the circle part. However, I don't know if I like the horseman. It could make a great icon; it could make a horrible one. As for the colors, I think something earthy and something red could be cool, but it seems to be way overdone. What do you think would be good?

Finally, I think I will be changing the Kimantsi band into something else. How about:

UB: I need a name; some type of counsel Tipi or Coral (stable)
+2 :c5production: production on horses and cow resources, and requires at least one source of those resources to be built. Every melee unit trained in a city with a ______ can pillage without using movement points. Costs no maintenance.

Looking at the horseman in more detail, I agree that it might look bad. I'll do both though, plus one more.

Is this a balanced UA?

+1 :c5faith: faith and +1 :c5food: food from cities tiles and desert tiles adjacent to cities. +1 :c5faith: faith from those tiles when at peace, and +1 :c5food: food from those tiles upon researching theology.

I think they'll get a religion too easy. This is what I'd say: 2 food and 2 faith in cities, and 1 food in deserts. Then +1 food and +2 faith after theology.

Looking at the horseman in more detail, I agree that it might look bad. I'll do both though, plus one more.

I think they'll get a religion too easy. This is what I'd say: 2 food and 2 faith in cities, and 1 food in deserts. Then +1 food and +2 faith after theology.

Great!

I don't really understand what you are proposing... How about the extra faith is added at theology and the food is added when at peace?

Pick your favorite.

The idea with the last one was to make it look slightly like a stylized quarter moon. Why a quarter moon? Just so it might be slightly identifiable as a moon while still resembling the original flag.

I don't really understand what you are proposing... How about the extra faith is added at theology and the food is added when at peace?
What I meant was this (albeit slightly modified now): every city begins with a +2 food and +2 faith bonus, while desert tiles yield +1 food. After theology, deserts start yielding +1 faith and +1 extra food. This is because basically having an improved Desert Folklore from the start would be too strong, but the faith bonus to help getting a pantheon/religion should still be mantained. As such, the best place to put it without being overpowered is in the city tiles. Also, +2 faith/desert (or 3 with DF) would be far too strong.

Pick your favorite.

The idea with the last one was to make it look slightly like a stylized quarter moon. Why a quarter moon? Just so it might be slightly identifiable as a moon while still resembling the original flag.

What I meant was this (albeit slightly modified now): every city begins with a +2 food and +2 faith bonus, while desert tiles yield +1 food. After theology, deserts start yielding +1 faith and +1 extra food. This is because basically having an improved Desert Folklore from the start would be too strong, but the faith bonus to help getting a pantheon/religion should still be mantained. As such, the best place to put it without being overpowered is in the city tiles. Also, +2 faith/desert (or 3 with DF) would be far too strong.

Thanks! I really like the last one- that was a very good call :).

Ohhhh... what I wanted was for the faith+food on desert tiles to only be on desert tiles adjacent to cities. I think +2 food and +2 faith from all desert tiles is outrageously OP.

Alpha and palette:

Also, I've noticed your other planned civs. I can do icons for them as well, I don't really mind if they're far away or might not even get done.

Alpha and palette:

Also, I've noticed your other planned civs. I can do icons for them as well, I don't really mind if they're far away or might not even get done.

Oh Ok great!

The Hopi (the civ whose UA we were discussing)- The circle with the four dots in the middle in reddish-brown and sunny yellow.

New York City- The Empire State building/Statue of Liberty in slate grey and royal blue

Taiwan- My exact avatar, but with 12 points

New France- The three crests(?) in the middle In gold and ?????? (either Forrest green or royal blue)

Alright, I'll do it. Just two things I'd like to mention:
1- Are you sure you want that for Taiwan? It's the same icon as DJSHenninger's version.
2- I'd really like to do an icon for Mongolia, by the way.

Alright, I'll do it. Just two things I'd like to mention:
1- Are you sure you want that for Taiwan? It's the same icon as DJSHenninger's version.
2- I'd really like to do an icon for Mongolia, by the way.

1- Yes. Even though they share a leader and an icon (and almost a UU), they have been a civ I have wanted to make since I got into civ.
2- Ok, that's great! I find Modern Mongolia really interseting, so I may bump them up a bunch (I only have 4 civs I am really serious about making right now). I also have almost no idea what I want the icon to icon to look like/what the icon should look like. It's really up to you.

Top Bottom