Nice neighbours

Continental Op

Warlord
So I land in a little island with Stalin (random choice). And I think, well, let's make 'em suffer, those little . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. But, I find myself really boxed in with some of the nicest neighbours you can imagine: Tokugawa, Shaka, and Monty. The rest of the players are still in the dark, but still: domination is the only way to go from this position, don't you think? They put all the . .. .. .. .. .. .. .s in the same island (and Shaka has already been wiped off the earth - I did that the first chance I got).

Domination is a safer bet.

Try to get 1-2 of them to pleased, because at pleased they can be bribed to declare on others. Keep them doing that and you should be OK for some backstabbing and opportunism.

Wow thats unfortunate but in my honest opinion montezuma isnt that scary its just that he randomly declares on you if your not his religion. Shaka would be the only one to be worried about in that stack you can usually out tech monte and tokugawa.
Speaking of the ebil AI today as i was elizabeth i was landlocked between willy and Joao and they were both rexing and i got smushed with no IRON ivory copper and horses. :(

Yea well, Toku can be an annoying opponent though, I have fought against him for ages now. After I took 3 first cities from him, I have tried to fight him off for centuries. I'm just teching towards rifling, maybe that gets him to quit? Now I am not very high on military chart, after so many years of warfare.

personally i think these are the best you can get. i find warmonger are generally lousy in teching and if you can survive the initial stage and built a army you should be fine against these guys.

personally i think these are the best you can get. i find warmonger are generally lousy in teching and if you can survive the initial stage and built a army you should be fine against these guys.

I agree here. They are very predictable cuz you know they will want to fight you.

Unfortunately it usually means the other continent is full of wimpy tech whores who will either get vassalised/wiped out by what will likely be the only warmonger or will otherwise just freely trade techs. This can lead to being a long long way behind when you finally meet them and makes space race wins a big threat.

I've always found it ironic that it seems easier to have the OPs situation: the early going might be tough, but sharing the island wasn't going to work out anyway and warmongers often fall behind in techs.

The drawback, of course, is possibly being dogpiled and if one survives, finding that the rest of the world has advanced considerably while Warmonger Island is being dominated.

Well, it didn't go well, this game. As I found out, there was another leader in this island, Churchill. And while I was fighting with Shaka and Toku, he was teching and building good relations with Tokugawa (who really was a tough nut to crack). Just when I was ready to give Toku a break (my economy had dropped to 20%), Toku gave his empire to Churhill. After a while I was able to negotiate a peace treaty with him, but I was finished already. After a while he declared again and wiped me off (in 1915!)

Ironically, Monty didn't give me a hard time at all and I ended up being friendly with him. That didn't help me at all, though, when he was waging war with Suryavarman from the other island at the time.

Top Bottom