1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Maduro Wins Venezuelan Presidency in Close Race

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ReindeerThistle, Apr 14, 2013.

1. bhsup

bhsup Deity

2. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

I'm not the one p[utting up the pictures 3 times, already. Who's getting excited? And, exactly who did beat up that senator -- for real.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......
    "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

BTW, Latin American expert James Petras says the election was anything but fraudulent:
    "In the case of Venezuela, there were 100 outside international observers clearly recognized as objective judges who observed the election process, observed the voting, and observed the counting. It's a misnomer to say that this was a questionable election. I think [the opposition] is trying to sabotage the government. They're not engaging in a peaceful protest. They're not raising legitimate questions. What they're doing is essentially calling into question election procedures."

Petras is NOT a Chavista.

Well, I think there would be applause.

3. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

No, you're the one endorsing the thugs who beat down the senator.

So if you (a Marxist-Leninist) says that this Petras says that there was no fraud, there was no fraud? Really?

And who's being patriotic?

Yes, thugs who think violence is the right way to address political disagreements would certainly applaud. Thugs who applaud historical figures who were violent thugs such as Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Kim Il sung and Chávez.

4. ReindeerThistle

Thanks, luiz, for the overwhelming plethora of evidence in favor of your position. :stupid:

:rotfl:

5. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

What the opposition wants is an audit of 100% of the votes, which seems quite reasonable considering how close this election was. If the Chavistas won fair and square then, ¿Why are they refusing the audit? ¿What are they hiding?

6. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Since when does anyone need evidence to assert that encouraging the violent assault of elected representatives is despicable?

7. ReindeerThistle

Just pointing out the vitriol, is all. "Violent thugs" does not exactly fit me, y'know. I was NOT encouraging violence, merely answering the question. In the US, a fist fight in the Senate woud draw a huge TV market share. That was what I was saying. I was addressing luiz' comment that Chavistas would get a hard-on from the violent photos, but it was the anti-Chavistas posting the same bloody photo. Where were all of these peace-loving anti-Chavistas during the 2002 coup attempt - which Radonski was involved in. Who were the lawbreakers, then, and what did the Bolivarian Revolutionary government do with them?

8. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

You know, the people who like to call Capriles by the name Radonski (his mother's name) are almost always Chavista anti-semites such as Maduro...

It's like referring to Obama as Hussein. There is a clear meaning.

9. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Lol I haven't noticed this because my other side is Polish and my family and the whole Polish community regularly calls him Radonski.

But you are probably right. When Chavez smeared him for being descendent from Jews, he used Radonski.

10. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Americans always know what's best for other countries.

11. ReindeerThistle

Funny you should say that, since Washington is refusing to recognize the resuts, and aside from LastOne36, who is at least of Venezuelan descent, living in Canada, none of the other posters identifies themselves as being Venezuelan -- so I guess we all know what's best, eh?

Calling him Radonski is like calling me a McCleod [not my real name] the Scottish side of my Mother's heritage, versus calling me Saarinen [also not my real name], the Finnish side of my Father's heritrage.

Only a hater would call me an anti-semite, since 2/3 of my group's leadership is Jewish, and I live among the largest sect of Hassimim in Brooklyn.

Again, who is not recognizing the results outside of Venezuela? How do they know best?

12. Leoreth

"Some of my best friends are Jewish" does not address why you decided not to refer to him by his actual name in the first place.

13. Azale

Azale Deity

Ok, so now we're descending into this? It's irrelevant. RT has explained good enough I think to not suspect him of being a raging anti-semite.

Also if Capriles continues to demand a recount, I don't see what he has to lose. Obrador did it in 2006, everyone thought he was nutso and he then proceeds to win about the same amount in 2012. I think the Chavistas need a scare if there were widespread irregularities, you can't build a popular movement without the trust of the people.

14. Leoreth

I don't believe that he is either. Which only leaves the conclusion that he's parroting Maduro, unless he has another explanation.

15. ReindeerThistle

No. No, it doesn't. Henrique Capriles Radonski. I said it. I am also not a Chavista. In fact, I have not taken a position on a recount. And I will not.

16. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

How convenient... Even on automated voting systems, there's got to be some sort of "paper ballot" in order to backup the results. Any kind of evidence has been probably destroyed by now.

17. ReindeerThistle

So, is James Petras right? Is the Henrique Capriles Radonski support actually calling for an unconstitutional action? Are they asking the government to break its own laws. What is this, the United States?

18. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

That is hilarious, though only from my detached perspective.

What will be more hilarious is Forma's excuses.

19. ace99

ace99 Deity

Standard right-wing fallback. Accuse people of anti-Semitism when all else fails (but never sexism, racism or homophobia, there's nothing wrong with that.)

20. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Perhaps you missed all the posts pointing out Maduro's homophobic rantings? Maybe your brain auto censored that for you as it is so inconvenient?