1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Maduro Wins Venezuelan Presidency in Close Race

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ReindeerThistle, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

Yeah RT you convinced me with your web site links to Chavez Code, a Montana library,and a conspiracy site that warns of the new world order. Along with calling all your opponents sources as CIA controlled lackeys.

2. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

The Montana Library site was a diversion -- it's my thread and this is the Tavern. My group is clandestine, you're not SUPPOSED to know who they are. The link to DBKP was in response to luiz' postulation that "Hussein" was Indonesian. I don't know what you have against Chavezcode, since they cite US government documents. Hard to make a strawman out of that.

However, if you prefer the vitriol, by all means, bring it on. My work is where is counts -- with the people.

3. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

I am talking of global research. They mention the new world order right in their 'about us' page.

I know the library one was a joke, just as my bringing it up again was a joke.

I don't care which group you represent, you keep hinting and mentioning them as if it's important. I merely made my initial statement before you'd spout off claiming your group's leadership is also 2/3 gay and 2/3 Latino and 2/3 whatever else.

Working with poor people in NYC does not give you authority to speak for venezualens.

4. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

True, but is Azale any better?

Maybe less radical, but even more ignorant. A faux-radical teenager, the worst kind of inhabitant of internet forums.

5. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Not quite as bad as trendy revolutinaries.

6. ReindeerThistle

EDIT: @Bamspeedy:
    Spoiler :
    my group is 50% Christian, 50% Jewish and 50% Muslim. 65% of us are college graduates and the other 25% are college-educated (at least through to the Senior year in High School). We are the Missoula Public Library! Learn about us and love us!

QFT

However, notice how nobody has come up with a cite-able source for Capriles' "fraud" allegations, or a rejoinder to the fact that 100% of Capriles' people at the voting stations signed off on the results? Is it that Capriles' own people were in on the "fraud?" Hmmmm....

I have a lot of respect for Azale. Teenagers should be so thoughtful in the US. But he is hardly ignorant. luiz, your name-calling alone puts your credibility at about ZERO. So, your putting him in my camp is a compliment.

7. JollyRoger

If you check the Brazilian divorce records, it may be possible to see that credibility got a divorce years ago.

8. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

Oh noes, an ensamble of Stalinists, ignorant chomskyist teenagers and internet trolls/losers think I have no credibility!

I'm doomed! We all know the influence and power those groups hold in the real world. When the inevitable communist revolution comes, I'm dead!

9. Azale

Azale Deity

What is your deal man? If I have ever been this disrespectful to you I apologize because clearly you have a grudge against me. I don't know who the hell you think you are to determine who is a faux anything.

I'm 23 btw you jerks :p

10. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Oh how cool. I'am sure the ladies don't respond to that with rolled eyes.

11. JollyRoger

If luiz has survived all the fascism, I'm sure he can survive the commies. Might want to have Thelma keep an eye out for flying rolls of tape though.

12. ReindeerThistle

Okay, I do love the ladies, maybe I should give up what I do for a chance at the ladies -- wait a minute! My organization is 2/3rds women! And I mean supermodel-looking, intelligent types, man. Look at my Avatar. One of my ex-girlfriends -- who looks like Naomi Campbell -- says I am waaaaaay sexier than Daniel Craig.

But I digress.
    Check this out from the movement of Non-Aligned Nations:

Nice, eh?

13. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Wait... if they are a movement of non-aligned countries, doesn't that kind of mean they've aligned with one another at least to some degree? I realize that's not really relevant in any way to the Venezuela situation. I just found it an odd turn of phrase.

14. ReindeerThistle

Apologies, VRWCAgent, here is a snippet of the history of the NAM (non-Aligned movement) from their Center for Human Rights and Cultural Diversity website:
    However, theyt are still around, though not heaily editing their website entries.

15. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

So a group of countries that is highly correlated to low democracy (of course there are a few exceptions).

16. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Founded by Nasser, Tito, and Nehru. Nehru is probably the strongest democrat in the field and IIRC, his anti-democratic tendencies were mitigated by the fact he kept India as one country- something nobody was quite sure would happen.

17. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

That's nothing. My super secret organization is composed entirely of US Army Deltas, astronauts, and elite accordion players. Look at my avatar. One of my current girlfriends-- who owns controlling interest in nineteen of the top ten successful auto makers-- says I'm waaaaaayy more of a suave and classy gentleman than Christoph Waltz.

18. ReindeerThistle

I was just needling Patroklos, but since you bought it up, seriously:
    We have two accordion players, some former Air Force, 82nd Airborne, a washed out athlete (me), the daughter of a NASA scientist (sorry, no astronauts) a former Sullivan and Cromwell attorney, a former textbook salesman, a master auto mechanic, a bunch of former farm workers, teamsters, railroad workers, school teachers, realtors, some MDs -- I am not making this up -- and my ex really does look like Naomi Campbell -- and because we are both Reds, I still get to see her twice a week for various activities

And that Avatar looks like Paul Krugman or Thomas Friedman.

Well, the US is not a member, so they exclude at least one low-democracy country.

How about this:

And this:
    And especially for TheLastOne36, From Granma International April 17, 2013.
    Anyone else have news?

19. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Wait a minute....a 'clandestine' group....that works..with the people.

I see.

20. ReindeerThistle

@MobBoss: yes, Clandestine, with open ends to the masses, per VI Lenin: