NIF Converter Alpha/beta

I tired this with Blender. I got a red globe thing, while it was suppose to be a cube. Doesn't seem to work at all.

Tried it out and had no luck in importing nif-files with the blender script. With Nifskope I got entirerly white 3D models but I have no idea what to do with it.

Mexico said:
for me, i was unable to import with blender -say it is not netimmerse file (or something similar- don't remember)

Same here. I suspect the Blender nif plug-in was specifically designed for nif-files from Morrowind.

Most civ IV files are version 20.0.0.? These nif convertors are for versions 4.0.0.2 or so. They say there are a few files in Civ IV that are older nif version, but you would have to figure out how to use the niflyzer to figure out which ones, I think.

Exporter should support NIF versions up to 4.2.2.0 (4.0.0.2, 4.1.0.12, 4.2.1.0, and 4.2.2.0), however, THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED EXTENSIVELY; if you want, you can try to write a 4.2.2.0 NIF file by setting "nif version" to 4.2.2.0 in the config editor (both Civilization IV and Dark Age of Camelot support this version).

This means that people can make new units but cannot edit the existing ones. (just clearify)

well when someone manages it please let me know... I can get up to v10.0.0.0 with a little hex editing but I don't think plugins are anywhere near v20.0.0.0 yet...

And i signed up with the yahoo group thats working on it so I could get a copy of the plugins when they are release :p

granted i haven't checked up on it in about 2 weeks.

Doesn't work :sad:

I tired making the version 4.2.2.0 and nothing happened, theres just a blank are where the building (palace) should be. I think the reason for this is that there is no texture file assigned to the .nif and I saw no way to export a dds file.

Does anyone know if there's a program out there that would allow us to at least successfully view the .nif files that Civ4 uses? I don't want to edit them [yet] , I just want to see what they look like...

Shqype said:
Does anyone know if there's a program out there that would allow us to at least successfully view the .nif files that Civ4 uses? I don't want to edit them [yet] , I just want to see what they look like...

Yes Nifskope 0.5, I have imported some files and looked at them. However, to view them with textures, you would have to enter the full path, in nifskope, found at these forums:

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/

and if anyone wants to see a screenshot of model made in blender, exported to civ IV with a texture:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=155014

:)

Cant install the plugin, I have Python 2.4 but it claims that I dont have it.

A new version is out.

Support for Nif versions from 4.0.0.0 to 10.2.0.0 excluding the writing of kf animation files for version 10.1.0.0 and up.
Exporter supports static Civilization IV models. For this to work, set "nif version" to 4.2.2.0 and enable "strip
texpath" in the config editor. Note that the export of animated 4.2.2.0 models is not yet supported. Also note that the included import script only supports NIF version 4.0.0.2, which excludes all Civilization IV models. But, you can already use NifSkope to edit most Civilization IV NIF files (for instance, to do a retexture of an existing model).
Exporter should support NIF versions up to 10.0.1.0 (4.0.0.2, 4.1.0.12, 4.2.1.0, 4.2.2.0, and 10.0.1.0), however, THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED EXTENSIVELY; if you want, you can try to write a 10.0.1.0 file by setting "nif version" to 10.0.1.0 in the config editor (this is the NIF version used in Zoo Tycoon 2). Bug reports regarding this new feature are highly appreciated!
Support for NIF versions > 10.0.1.0 is still going on. We've almost completely decoded 20.0.0.4 (most NIF's in Civilization IV have this format), and we're starting to figure out how animations work. This is an on-going effort, and the NifTools devteam is especially grateful to the Civ modding community for the enthusiastic support we have recieved so far. Your patience will be rewarded!

[party]

Actually, I have already installed it.

But the **** thing is I have to learn Blender, and I cant even navigate normally.

Lookin' good.
But, you can already use NifSkope to edit most Civilization IV NIF files (for instance, to do a retexture of an existing model).
Is this anything we couldn't do before by editting the .dds files, or am I missing something?

Kaiserguard said:
But the **** thing is I have to learn Blender, and I cant even navigate normally.
I hear Blender is quite good after you get past the interface. I never managed to get past it myself, though I think I'll have to give it a go again sometime soon.

Top Bottom