1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nifskope Lagging Problem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by cybrxkhan, Jun 30, 2011.

1. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Hello all!

This might be more of a tech support question, but anyhow - recently, within the last few days, nifskope has been lagging whenever I've been using it. That is, I'm able to get into the program, yes, but when I'm viewing a unit or a leaderhead or anything and try to move the camera around, it takes quite some time before the camera actually moves. This has never happened to me before, and I have no idea why it happened, since it just randomly started occuring a few days ago. I even uninstalled and reinstalled nifskope several times, to no avail.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Thanks in advance,

- cybrxkhan

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Is anything else maybe stressing the processor, e.g. new installed background programms?

3. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Not that I know of. Although coincidentally a number of other programs - like my web browser and MS Word - have been sporadically lagging, although again, that might just be a coincidence. Though, do you think it might be due to one of my background programs' updates rather than an installation of a new one? I'm suspecting that that might be the cause.

4. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

strange. I have the same problem. Even loading a simple nif takes forever with civ open.
    I dont think it used to be like that. It came within the last couple of days too.
    Are using XP