Night of the Werewolves XXII: The Road to Ruin (Game Thread)

Charles Li your irresponsibility in these matters cannot go unpunished. You must be removed before you cause any more damage. We will vote the Radio on to someone we can trust to use it sensibly.

OOC : Back from the week-end, so lots of catchup to do. I'll try to answer things as they were posted for convenience, so it may be a bit long.

IC : He had been quite for a while now, listening carefully to the conversations around him, mulling things over. There had been threats, stupid things had been said, but some ideas were good. The information had been analyzed and processed, he was ready to talk now.

May you rest in peace navigator, you were a quiet one too, but you'll be missed.
What to do with the map ?
First of all, the only one among us to actually want the map is the scout. I don't know why a scout would need a map, but hey, why not ? (I vote the map to the scout, LightFang). Which leads to our second point, his ability. Now that is powerful stuff we are dealing with... Stuff worthy of protection, because let's face it, such a power won't please the wolves/rogues/insurgents one bit.
So, hear my plead, if there is a guard among us that can keep a close eye on the scout at night, and a powerful warrior to protect him by day, now would be a good idea to keep watch over him.
Which leads to our third point, what route to take ?
We survived the last ambush pretty much unscathed. Granted maybe we were lucky, but honestly, as long as we have guns and air support, I doubt there would be anything our two medics won't be able to fix.
{besides, having wounded guys to carry around, doesn't slow us at all, have you noticed ?}
So, I'll go with the reckless ones and vote for the quick route. We are battle-tested already, we KNOW an ambush is coming so we'll likely be prepared, and we have assets that we can call in. One less day in this hell, means one less guy killed at night, yes that could be you. The ones that don't see that are clearly misguided : The less days we spend, the more people alive in the end, because nights can kill but not ambushes !

Which leads to yet another point : who to lynch ?
Now, clearly Charles Li has been... unsafe in his choice of medium to share knowledge. But do you really think the bad guys don't know who are innocents already ? Honestly, this could help us more than what you may think. But Charles, this isn't a way to encourage you to do it again, btw.
Anyway, the tying up thing. Have you noticed also that tying someone up doesn't slow us a bit. How convenient is that ?
What I propose is from now on, unless there is overwhelming evidence, no one will die by day. Get it ? Only one dead each day/night cycle instead of two. So, eight days left, seven if we take the quick route. Barring unforeseen situations that makes 7 more of us dead by the end (instead of 9 if we take the long route). There are 20 of us left right now, that means 13 left when we're at the choppers, enough to take on the insurgents, let me tell you.
So, just to be clear, I'll reserve my vote for now to be used later to keep with the over/under rule and save an innocent from getting lynched.

Oh, and our Platoon leader Nico can have the wire-cutters. They're useless if you ask me, but I'll let the boss decide what to do with them.

That is all.

And with that, marching ahead of the puzzled group, he pulls out a cigarillo from his breast pocket and pauses a moment to light it while the sun is glinting off his sunglasses.

Though I can understand your reasoning of wanting to keep loyalist numbers up, I believe that is a bad idea. If we choose to never kill anyone, then the wolves have nothing to fear and therefore can sit back quietly killing us at night. I have no desire to kill another loyalist, but neither do I want to give the wolves an easy way out.

Midday, Day 4

As the sun reached its highest point the squad was involved in a flurry of voting activity. Interestingly enough the wire cutter vote seemed to have the large following, with a number of votes being cast to determine its new owner. Not only that, but it was a dead heat between Renata and D’Artagnan59, each having received three votes a piece.

The map vote was a little more one-sided. The squad so far had determined Lightfang should be its new guardian, reasoning the scout would have the best use for it. No one else had emerged as of yet to be another strong candidate.

The accusations once again were slow in coming. Charles Li led the way with three votes to his name with rhawn bringing up the rear having one.

As for the route possibility, the squad took this one seriously, with almost half the squad getting involved sharing their opinion as to why their choice was best for everyone. Despite the turnout, the race was very close – the long route having 4 votes, the short 4 and the middle one 2. The last thing the squad wanted was for there to be a tie at the end of the day, as each one knew that if there was they’d spend a whole day tomorrow not going anywhere to decide on a route. One could argue that the route vote today was even more crucial than the actual accusation vote.

As the men pondered over their decisions, an interesting thing happened. Hearing the droning of a prop-driven aircraft getting closer to them, the men looked up and saw a cargo plane bearing Command’s insignia. Its cargo door was open, and out popped a small crate of some sort with two red and white circular parachutes deploying behind it. It landed in a small gully just off the road, and a handful of men ran out to grab the crate. Dragging it back to the rest of the team, Nico read the small note attached to it:

“Command is aware of your situation and has sent in supplies to aid you to get back to the extraction point. You are all under orders to vote on this crate to who you think would best benefit from it. Be warned, this crate is for that person only. Do not attempt to open it before hand to determine its contents before voting. We will be watching.

Have a nice day!

Command.”

“Well, orders are orders. We will vote on the crate for the remainder of today. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will receive the shipment.”

“Just what they all needed,” Nico thought. “Another thing to vote on. As if we didn’t have enough distractions already…”

Votes for Wire Cutters:
Renata: 3
D’Artagnan59: 3
Niklas: 1

Votes for the Map:
Lightfang: 5

Votes for the Route:
Long: 4
Short: 4
Middle: 2

Accusations
Charles Li: 3
Rhawn: 1

Votes for the Crate in Bold Brown

Current Over/Under: 4

>>Deadline for votes 23 hours from this post<<

Then if we need someone to divide it up, shouldn't it be our platoon leader ?

And I hear you Methos, you're right also, we need to put fear in the hearts of our enemies.
But how do we do that ?

Charles Li your irresponsibility in these matters cannot go unpunished. You must be removed before you cause any more damage. We will vote the Radio on to someone we can trust to use it sensibly.

Why? I have told you already why you can't do that!

Charles Li, please tell me you at least gave the radio to someone you know for a fact is a loyalist. It would not be a good thing if it fell into the wrong hands.

&#8221;Big Tom&#8221; stares blankly at the spot where Charles Li had been standing just a moment earlier. The machine gun dangles uselessly from his shoulder. He has the discomfiting feeling that he&#8217;s just been out-maneuvered by a 13-year-old.

There&#8217;s not much left to do now.

Last thing Charles Li told me before I made him explain himself. Well, tried to. &#8221;Big Tom&#8221; holds up a scrap of paper; it slips from his fingers and flutters in the breeze. One of the other soldiers picks it up and reads it out loud. &#8220;OOC: I just found out I am Loyalists. Dam. Sorry.&#8221;.

After that was when I made him explain himself. Well, tried to. And some of you heard what happened then, *before* he ran away to his tent and pretended like he&#8217;d said something else.

Charles Li got Bigfoot killed. He&#8217;s trying to do the same to me. I don&#8217;t know what he is, but he&#8217;s no loyalist.

YOU *** ROGUES AFRAID OF ME? YOU D*** WELL OUGHT TO BE!

You&#8217;re dead, Charles Li. Today, or another day. Whether I&#8217;m here to see it or not.

{ Let's just ignore what Charles says, shall we? He obviously doesn't even want to play the game by the rules, trying to upset the whole game. Methos, maybe you could edit out his nonsense? :shake: }

Nico is in a really sour mood this day. First the ambush, and now some f---ing drug addict making no sense. Not to mention no more cigarettes. He looks long and hard at Izipo's smokeworks.

F--- this, we can't have drug addicts on our missions. No wonder the mission was botched with a radio operator like that. Did we even get the proper coordinates?? Charles Li, to ---- with you, our survival chances will increase without you I'm sure.

I'll take care of the supply crate, of course, who else? Give the wire cutters to Big Tom, who cares, it's not like anyone could use them without being noticed another time. Geez, why are we wasting time on such trivial stupidities?

The route, now there's an important matter. Seems that we're helping the Rogues if we take the long route and the Insurgents if we take the short one. Unless they are one and the same, then they won't care. Oh, for f---'s sake, let's just get out of here. Shortest possible route, and we'll deal with what comes up.

((GM Post: Uhm, er, nobody's dead as far as I know, and I'd most likely be the first to know. I haven't the slightest clue what just happened myself, so if anyone would care to enlighten the GM it'd be most appreciated))

Here's my logic. Listen good. I'll be goin' fast. You slow Southerners might wanna take notes--if ya can.

Look: we know this. Either Charles is guilty, or Renata's guilty. Now, I think we should trust Renata here. Something's comforting about his big gun. You know, I dun' wanna get shot at either.

So: Charles Li should be executed. If he turns out innocent, well, we know who to cast da next stone at.

What I find really weird though, is the crate. They're watching us? How about sending us some help? God! Well, let Nico take care of this. Hopefully he'll open it up in front of everybody so we can all see what it is, eh?

Oh, and let Renata have the wire cutters. I dunno what he'll be able to do wif 'em.

Top Bottom