Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

Bah! I am still here. A smart man knows when to strike, and how to do it. And of course unlike certain rather useless memebers of this company I can actually accomplish something. However my silence has been further increased by the fact that those I have talked to haven't replied. *This is followed a very long look at first the Lord, then the cook.*

Seeing as that Icekommander has spoken up now, I'm changing my vote to rhawn.

The little girl doesn't really know what to say, but she sees that the grownups are sad. She resolutely climbs into the Fiddler's lap and gives him a silent hug. She doesn't understand why they all yell at the Jester to start speaking, but she can't help note that the scary Jailer seems to relish the idea of having people locked up. Why else try to create a tie? She giggles quickly at the idea of the Jailer locking himself up in his prison...

Yes the Fiddler definately deserves the flute. As the Jester has been the quietest he shall recieve my vote.

Evening Three​

As the day drew to a close, the first day's target again was on everyone's mind. The Jester, rhawn apparently hadn't learned from her ordeal two days ago, and went right back to her room, shutting herself inside and refusing to come out even as the irritated mob began to call for her blood.

For a time, the Paladin appeared to be in danger, but he warded off the accusations of falsehood with a bold claim that made the others stay a few paces clear of him for the rest of the day. Next, the Farmer was floated as a possible alternative at the last moment, but he made it extremely clear that he was present and accounted for, and would not settle for being lynched.

Finally, as cold red flames streaked across the winter's sunset sky, the mob decided that the Jester had been given enough chances. There was more opposition to the lynch, this time - many favored throwing the Jester right back in the jail. It was not to be, though. The majority had spoken. The Jester would die.

Though it was the second execution in as many days, it seemed that the denizens of the castle were already getting used to killing. The mob huddled together without speaking as the Jester was led up the steps to the gallows, and the Jester's own quiet muttering as the noose was slipped over her head was not enough to crack the cold silence. The Lord announced the sentence curtly, pulled the lever, and the Jester fell with a snap.
Spoiler :
The Jester was innocent!
Again, the castle let loose a disappointed sigh. Her items, if any existed, would be voted upon tomorrow.

The castle had come to a clear consensus on the ownership of the mithril sword. The Seneschal retrieved the sheathed blade and offered it to the Historian, and the Historian accepted it solemnly. No less solemnly did the Fiddler accept his death brother's lute, treating it with a reverence that somehow didn't seem at all out of place.

The wind began to pick up as the castle went dark and everyone returned to their rooms. It would be a stormy night.
Spoiler :
Astrologer oyzar (Female, Elven) CCRunner
Bard Frozen In Ice (Male, Elven) Izipo rhawn
Beggar Methos (Male, Human) rhawn
1 Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven) thomas.berubeg
Butler TheForestAuro (Male, Elven) Nictel Icekommander

Child Niklas (Female, Human) Izipo CCRunner
1 Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven) Ekolite
5 Farmer Icekommander (Male, Human)
11 Fiddler Izipo (Male, Elven) Izipo Nictel rhawn
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

Gatekeeper hell_hound (Male, Elven) Izipo
Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) CCRunner
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human) Izipo
Healer Diamondeye (Female, Elven) Izipo Winston Hughes Icekommander
8 Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) CCRunner Nictel
1 2 Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc) Sepuku Adrogans

1 6 Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human) CCRunner Nictel Icekommander
9 Jester rhawn (Female, Elven)
1 Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven)
Maid LightFang (Female, Elven) Izipo Nictel
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven) Sepuku CCRunner rhawn

Mechanic Mergle (Female, Dwarven) rhawn
Mercenary KingMorgan (Male, Human) CCRunner Icekommander
Merchant D'Artagnan59 (Male, Human) rhawn
Miller ZPV (Female, Human)
1 Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human) Nictel Izipo Icekommander

Philosopher Splime (Female, Elven) Nictel Izipo rhawn
Sculptor PaulusIII (Female, Human) Izipo rhawn
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human) Nictel rhawn
1 Seneschal Adrogans (Male, Dwarven) PrinceScamp Sepuku Izipo
1 Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human) Stuck in Pi

50% of cast votes required to lynch. rhawn received 53%.

It is Night Three!
Those with night actions, send them to me!
Public posting is closed!
Day breaks in 24 hours!

oOC: Stuck requested that he got the sword, so he voted for himself..:

(OOC: Stuck In Pi seems to have recieved a vote for the sword, but I can't make out who voted it - is it a mistake or a secret vote?)
oOC: Stuck requested that he got the sword, so he voted for himself..:

When Stuck in Pi retracted his vote against PrinceScamp, I removed his vote to give himself the sword instead, but the totals were right. I just fixed that mistake. If it were a secret vote, it wouldn't have appeared in the total.

Morning Four​

Few of the castle's residents were able to sleep soundly through the night. Those that were not kept up by the lingering threat of death were still bothered by the howling wind as a storm picked up outside. In the darkness, snow piled up around the castle.

The sky brightened, but the denizens of the castle only rose sluggishly, exhausted even before the day had started. The wind was dying down by the time the crowd gathered in the snow-blanketed courtyard, and the Seneschal did his daily headcount. After running it a second time, the dwarf sighed deeply and called out. "Two more missing, m'lord! Farmer Icekommander and Maid LightFang!"

They found what was left of the Farmer's body in his modest room. The interior, even the walls and ceiling, were splattered with gore, and not all of the components of his body were accounted for. It looked as though he had been caught by surprise and completely torn apart, without even a chance to defend himself.
Spoiler :
The Farmer was innocent!
The Maid's room was modest as well, but virtually spotless aside from the trademark spatter of blood that the other killer had become known for leaving. Her body was unaccounted for as well, and most of the crowd quickly cleared the room, not wanting to spend a moment more than necessary at the scene of the crime.
Spoiler :
The Maid was innocent!
Aside from the day's lynching, there were some items to be distributed.

Firstly, there were the executed Jester's Hand Puppets, finely crafted things made of wood and cloth, and with a comical aspect to them. It was anyone's guess as to how useful they'd be, but perhaps someone could find a purpose for them.

The Maid had also owned some distinctly unmaidlike items - on a hunch, the Blacksmith had turned over the Maid's bed, and found an odd box hidden beneath it. Inside the box was a set of extremely sharp Silvered Knives, deadly weapons that clearly weren't made to cut food.

Finally, the Healer raised a shout from the Farmer's closet, apparently getting over her squeamishness enough to notice a glint of metal in the corner. She emerged attempting to drag a massive Greatsword that looked to be heavier than she was. The Hunter quickly went over to give her a hand lifting the thing, and it was brought into the courtyard along with the other items.

It is Day Four!
Players, place your votes!
Votes for the Hand Puppets are Purple!
Votes for the Silvered Knives are Silver!
Votes for the Greatsword are Brown!
Lynching requires a higher adjusted vote total than the runner-up (see the rules)!
Public posting is open!
Night falls in 48 hours!

Stuck in Pi The Great Sword, I believe he requested a sword for he had lost his in a battle

Stuck in Pi to have the Greatsword, and perhaps the Bard Frozen In Ice could use the hand-puppets, unless anyone else has a good reason to use them.

EDIT: OOC: I'm going to be working all day tomorrow (literaly, split shifts and 10.5 hours >_<), so I won't be checking anything for 22 hours.

You know what'd be funny? Seeing a grizzled old mercenary playing with dolls! :D

And let the Beggar have the knives! All the better to cut his food with-- or not :devil:

I should have the knives. That little thief must 'ave stole 'em from this kitch'n o' mine.

I need 'em to hunt a gazelle for ye' tea. Ye'll all starve r'member, Ye'll all starve...

The young girl tugs at the Butler's sleeve, easy at first but a bit more insisting when she is ignored.

Can I have the puppets? Please? I think they are lonely, my dolls can be their new friends.

I would like the Greatsword. I know I could use it well...and I'm sure it'll chop a wolf in half! A wonder the farmer never put it to any use...
The Begger to have the Knives.
The puppets...I don't care. They don't seem to be tools of war so they don't mean much to me so I won't put my say in on who should get them.

Top Bottom