Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

Pah! Wolves are mean beisties no be sure, but nothing I haven't seen a Man can't kill. Me old grandpappy told me about the villige near where they were growing up. Said they hung the man that was wolf. Didn't trouble them no more. Long as everybody is contributin, I'd say we ain't got a problem. 'Cept some of these company contributes more than others, and that makes them tha wolves best friend.

The gardener shifted on her stool. In front of her lay various pots of soil with several peculiar instruments poking out of them to check pH and Nitrogen levels. While usually a very focused individual, she seemed very distracted this day. The events unfolding in the castle seemed eerily familiar to some event. Was it from a past life? She recalled an island, where she too tended to plants, and there were murderers about trying to disrupt something of importance. She also remembered... dying? Something about a crossbow bolt and then turning into... a tree? She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but her mind was engorged in trying to put all of the pieces together. It seemed too real to be just a simple case of deja vu, she felt like this actually happened. But people don't turn into trees when they die, right? She shrugged. Dismissing the thought, if only for a moment, she returned to her work.

"Disturbing this odd set of coincidences is," she murmured to herself.

Werewolves and another murderer as well! It's only my first morning here and I wish I hadn't come here.

The Butler straightens his tie, nodding to himself in the mirror, and proceeds out into the crowd.

"It is clear that you have come here entirely by misfortune then, new friend. I have been here since the fall of Duke Animus - once a great man, but consumed in tragedy - and I assure you that this is a place of death and disaster."

A weak, half smile crossed the old elf (Yes, again!) and a tired sigh escaped his lips. "Were it not my only home I would have fled long ago. M'lord.." he said, approaching Winston. "Would you like me to fetch you some coffee? It seems prudent at this hour for you to have a clear head about you."

"Were it not my only home I would have fled long ago. M'lord.." he said, approaching Winston. "Would you like me to fetch you some coffee? It seems prudent at this hour for you to have a clear head about you."

The beggar looks up at the butler longingly as he offers the Lord coffee. Anyone in the room can hear the rumbling of his stomach at just the mere mention of some sort of sustenance.

The beggar looks at the jailer curiously, wondering if it would be best to upset the jailer so that he can spend the night in jail, which is possibly the safest place in the castle. Especially more safe then sleeping in the gutter with two killers about.

The young maid, an elvish beauty by any right except for the left-handed, to whom she was a left, clicked with her tongue disapprovingly.

"Look at this mess! A broken vase, the window, the doors. And the bodies. Yes, there had to be murders, and on top of that they're clearly very messy people."

She took out her broom and began sweeping, singing a pleasant little ditty that failed to sooth the hearts of all who came to listen to the humble servant, or even those who didn't come to listen to her specifically but rather were just standing in the vicinity. This was because although she was very pretty, she couldn't carry a tune in a jar. This was not good news for everybody's sanity, because she was also a very cheerful girl, which meant that she decided to share with the whole world her musical talents, definitely not her forte, or even a piano.

OOC: { TheForestAuro: Maybe it's a sign. You are an elf reincarnate. =O }

"Werewolves?" The Master of Arms had killed some already during his (long) life... one more and a whole castle would glorify him...

OOC: I am away from thrusday to sunday :blush:

Noon One

As the sun reached its peak, the denizens of the castle began to gather in the courtyard, milling around and letting their thoughts on the killings be known. Speculation on how best to kill a werewolf was rampant, but there was even more uneasiness about the unknown killer that had claimed the Carpenter's life.

There was still a hopeful, idealistic atmosphere, though - no votes had been cast yet.

Spoiler Player Status :
Astrologer oyzar (Female, Elven)
Bard Frozen In Ice (Male, Elven)
Beggar Methos (Male, Human)
Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven)
Blademaster Tolis (Male, Elven)
Butler TheForestAuro (Male, Elven)

Child Niklas (Female, Human)
Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven)
Farmer Icekommander (Male, Human)
Fiddler Izipo (Male, Elven)
Fisherman MooseWarrior (Male, Human)
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

Gatekeeper hell_hound (Male, Elven)
Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human)
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human)
Healer Diamondeye (Female, Elven)
Historian Nictel (Male, Elven)
Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc)

Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human)
Jester rhawn (Female, Elven)
Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven)
Lutist BananaLee (Male, Human)
Maid LightFang (Female, Elven)
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven)

Mechanic Mergle (Female, Dwarven)
Mercenary KingMorgan (Male, Human)
Merchant D'Artagnan59 (Male, Human)
Miller ZPV (Female, Human)
Painter Jono (Female, Elven)
Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human)

Philosopher Splime (Female, Elven)
Sculptor PaulusIII (Female, Human)
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human)
Seneschal Adrogans (Male, Dwarven)
Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)
Vicar Aramazd (Male, Human)

---

There are a couple of points I should clarify. Firstly, note that lynching requires two thirds of all cast votes, so if there were exactly one vote placed by the end of the day, that'd be 100% of all cast votes, and the player who received that vote would be lynched.

Secondly, PaulusIII and Renata have both told me that they're probably not going to be able to be here for the first couple of game days.

Night falls in 24 hours.

The healer seemed to have regained some of her - agreeable sparse - colour. She still breathed heavily, but spoke nevertheless: "I guess we just make sure none of all those silent people are hiding something? I'll just start alphabetically: Thomas.Berubeg, blacksmith, speak up, please."

Her tone suddenly carried the natural authority that someone who is regarded as old and respected even among elves hold. Her face was still pale, though, and her hands were shaking.

The fair Miller was shocked at the night's events, but did have some err... 'wisdom' to share with her fellows,
"Killing a werewolf shouldn't been too hard. I've heard tha' it can be done by crushing its head between two grindstones. Seems like a safe bet for our unknown assassin, as well."

The healer seemed to have regained some of her - agreeable sparse - colour. She still breathed heavily, but spoke nevertheless: "I guess we just make sure none of all those silent people are hiding something? I'll just start alphabetically: Thomas.Berubeg, blacksmith, speak up, please."

Her tone suddenly carried the natural authority that someone who is regarded as old and respected even among elves hold. Her face was still pale, though, and her hands were shaking.

Oy... them wolves gonna be the death o' us all!

aye have spoken, Mistress healer, beggin' yer pardin... I speaks up just a bit after ye did.

Secondly, PaulusIII and Renata have both told me that they're probably not going to be able to be here for the first couple of game days.

(OOC: I'm back, actually -- I meant two days real time, not game time. I will probably be only sporadically available over the long weekend, though. I'll put up a real post in a few hours.)

The historian looks suspicious at the Jailer he has heard of the lies and tricks he plays on people.

The fiddler fiddles a few sad notes on his fiddle before speaking to all assembled.

These were for the fallen ones. It pains me that the carpenters body has not been found yet. Are there secret passages in this castle, too ? I'm sure there is.

Now, if you want, I can play some soothing notes to you all, to help you think about how best to find the wolf.

The Groundskeeper's hands are large and calloused; his face impassive. The Gardener has set him to moving trees about in the Conservatory ("for more light", she'd said with her voice; "to keep you out of trouble", she'd said with her eyes). Early spring blossoms shiver and drift through the chilly air. It's already getting dark.

The fine fuel of resentment warms his blood as he works. He should have left years ago, but he has nowhere to go. Instinctively, he takes aim at one even less likely to be trusted than him, for being foreign
and new:

D'artagnan the Merchant.

(OOC: Roleplaying aside, it's another vote against someone who's so far been inactive.)

The young Child sits on the ground, playing with her dolls. She doesn't fully understand what all the commotion is about, only that it's frightening and threatening. The beautiful world of the dolls offer escape and relief, twisting reality into something understandable.

Doll 1, in a low voice: There is a where wolf, it is hiding, that's why it's a where wolf.

Doll 2, in a squeaky voice: We can put some food out, so it can come out and eat. I can make some strawbry pie.

Doll 1 again: I want some strawbry pie too, then we can go and look for the wolf.

Doll 2 again: Maybe he is hiding in the basement. We can't go there, it is dark and there are monsters down there.

Doll 3, with a sword and shouting: I will go to the basement, I am not afraid of monsters, if they see me they will hide under the bed!

Doll 2 again: Be careful with the wolf, maybe it has puppies, cats go into the basement when they have... catties.

Doll 1 again: Can I have a puppy? I promise to feed it...

"Why oh why couldn't have been a Werefish!?!?!? That I could deal with! Got my trusty fishing net right here, throw it over that there fish's head and then y'all could club it to death. That there's some good eating."

"Why oh why couldn't have been a Werefish!?!?!? That I could deal with! Got my trusty fishing net right here, throw it over that there fish's head and then y'all could club it to death. That there's some good eating."

All this talk of eating is making the beggar very hungry. He begins to wonder, would he become a werefish by eating one? He hoped not, since he didn't know how to swim. What kind of werefish would he be since he couldn't swim? Heck, he didn't even like taking a bath! :hmm: Maybe eating a werefish wouldn't be such a good idea. stomach begins to rumble Then again, maybe he could learn.

"Hmm, the merchant you say? Why would you suspect him?" The Seneschal sat back and began to ponder this vote against the merchant. Not having any leads himself he was simply going to have to play it by ear for the moment.

Top Bottom